Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC's Open Letter to Mitt Romney and Ron Paul

1/28/2008

Paul & Romney campaigns:

While the verdict is still out, if the GOP Presidential primaries can yield a candidate who is truly opposed to Amnesty for the first time in 30 years, GOP voters are looking at your campaigns closely.

Our organization has widely reported the pro-amnesty stances of McCain, Giuliani, and Mike Huckabee along with every Democrat in the race.

With the withdrawal of Fred Thompson, Duncan Hunter, and Tom Tancredo from the race, our NO AMNESTY list is down to your two campaigns.

Your campaigns have a real opportunity to consolidate support from Republicans who want Comprehensive Immigration Enforcement. The prior supporters of these campaigns, along with the large section of undecided or soft support voters should begin coalescing around the anti-amnesty candidate with immigration enforcement plans.

The Ron Paul campaign is actively working with some of the grass roots organizations in the immigration enforcement movement and recently received the endorsement of about 20 groups and activists in the South West United States.

The Mitt Romney campaign has received high level endorsements from Congressmen Tancredo, King, and Rohrabacher along with Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

As GOP voters, activists, and organizations, struggle to decide who they will vote for and send contributions to, we have three questions for each of your campaigns.

Questions

1. Will your campaign respond to Senator Jeff Sessions's candidate survey, which is designed to give voters greater insight to your campaigns true stances on immigration enforcement Vs. Amnesty for illegal aliens?

2. Will your campaign sign NumbersUSA's "No Amnesty Pledge" which pro-amnesty candidate Mike Huckabee has signed to try and cover his true touchback amnesty intentions?

3. What efforts will your campaign make, if any, to reach out to, and secure support from, the hundreds of immigration enforcement groups and activists that have formed across the country to address America's illegal immigration crisis?

These three factors are the top things we will be looking at in relation to your campaigns during these last days before Super Tuesday.

We anxiously await your response to these questions and possible action on the items detailed within this letter.

Kind Regards,

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    www.alipac.us
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) is a 527 corporation Political Action Committee registered with the FEC. Founded on 9/11/2004, ALIPAC represents over 25,000 Americans of all races and political parties which constitute the core activists and audience in America fighting for Comprehensive Immigration Enforcement. We only work with non violent and non racist groups and are dedicated to attrition enforcement, the reversal of illegal immigration, and the enforcement of America's existing immigration laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I seriously hope they give a concrete answer. This takes me back to why I quit voting years ago....why bother if there is no candidate at all who is addressing the issues that effect me. Then to have some idiot say...well, it's your fault, you voted him in.....or it's your fault because you didn't vote. Seriously.....what "choice" is it if it's Hillary and McCain? Obama and Huckaby? Or any other match if NONE are for stopping this? I'm voting but it sure gives pause for why bother if they won't make a concrete un-movable stand.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah! Great letter and I support the gauntlet that William has thrown down to Romney & Paul. I hope the letter was sent certified!

I posted on Paul forum. Hopefully several will read and join up with ALIPAC.

Interesting experience trying to get this letter to the Paul and Romney campaigns.

For Ron Paul, a young man answered the phone when I called and offered me his e-mail address at the Ron Paul campaign site promising to deliver the letter directly to the campaign manager quickly.

For Mitt Romney, I had to jump around through the voice mail system until I was finally transfered to a lady that read a script that hit me up for a donation right off the bat.

When I explained to her that I represented an organization of over 25,000 and needed help getting this letter in the right hands, she did not know what to do.

She offered to take my information and to get someone to contact me.

Now, I wait. It will be interesting to see how these campaigns are structured.

I called them in the same way any citizen would try to reach them.

We shall see.

W

Great letter William. I hope you get an answer back, and soon. These two are our only hope.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I had the same experience when I called on Friday to speak to a staffer on urging Romney to fill out Senator Session's questionaire. I had to bounce around a voice mail system for a while until someone live answered and her first words were asking about a donation. After shooting her down on that, I was able to speak to her for a few minutes about the immigration survey and told her several times she needed to get my comments to the highest level campaign staffer available. We must have spoken to the same lady, because I did not have much confidence she know what was going on other than being hired to elicit donations.

Reaching Romney campaign by phone?

Hi..Can anyone tell me how to reach the Romney campaign by phone??

Thanks,
    Linda
    NC
    A*government BIG enough to give you EVERYTHING you want...
    is BIG enough to take AWAY... EVERYTHING you have!

Thomas Jefferson

Hi Linder, welcome aboard!

I believe the most recent phone/email/fax contacts we have are listed over in this thread (somewhere...):

I cut/pasted this phone number from the posts in the below thread:
    (857) 288-6400

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100207.html

Good luck

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast