Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Washington office number busy, so contacted the next office in the list. Told Senator Susan Collins office that I heard on the news that she had concerns over the Defense Bill legislation. I asked if she had stated whether she would support or not support the Bill. They asked me my position, and I expressed opposition.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Here's the real story: What the dream act will do. Talking Points...

No. 1: Not valedictorians -- or even necessarily good students.

Any illegal alien who can manage to meet the minimum requirements to graduate from high school or get an equivalent degree meets the first test.

No. 2: Primarily NOT teens or college students.

The Senate DREAM bill allows you to be up to 35 years old!

The House bill has no upper limit.

No. 3: Don't have to have come when a child.

An illegal alien can get this amnesty even if he didn't arrive in the U.S. until age 15. That's right -- he can spend his first 15 years learning the language and culture of his home country and developing all kinds of ties there and then come to the U.S. and later claim need for a DREAM amnesty because he supposedly has no country to go back to.

I was on a national Hispanic cable TV show last week on which a videotaped profile was run of a well-heeled-looking woman from another country bragging in front of New York City scenery that a few years ago she had illegally overstayed her tourist visa when her son was 15 so he could go to a U.S. college and pursue a U.S. career. DREAM would reward her and all the rest of people in the world who might think like her.

No. 4: Bill is open to gigantic fraud.

The bill is written so that the 2, 3 or 4 million illegal-alien applicants only have to CLAIM to meet the criteria. They don't have to PROVE anything.

The government has to build a case, one illegal at a time, and prove the claims on the application are false in order for the illegal alien to lose the amnesty. Can you imagine how many times that is likely to happen?

No. 5: DREAM does nothing to stop the behavior that put teenagers into their situation. It leaves the jobs magnet in place.

This amnesty has no enforcement measures at all. It allows employers to continue to hire illegal aliens, enticing millions more parents to bring their children here illegally and stay long enough for them to become high school students and demand another amnesty in a few years.

No. 6: DREAM leaves intact the chain migration system that will allow these 2.1 million illegal aliens to eventually send for millions more relatives.

Rather quickly, the amnestied illegal aliens would be able to get green cards for their parents. And millions of additional relatives would be able to start planning their applications and getting in line. This starts with adult siblings and moves on to aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.

A large percentage of the illegal aliens in the U.S. today are extended family members of the illegal aliens who got amnesty in 1986 and also those in the six more-limited amnesties in the 1990s.

Good to remember what the Dream Act is really all about. Thank you topsecret.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCaskill = voicemail FULL

Voinovich = voicemail

LeMieux = voicemail FULL

Brownback = NO cloture

Baucus = no position

Tester = hasn't said, but usually opposes any form of amnesty according to staffer

Dorgan = no position

Ben Nelson = Yes to cloture but will vote NO on Dream act amdt when it is debated.

A lot of others I'm not getting through, some don't even ring anymore. Sending more faxes now and trying to get the calls through I couldn't get earlier.

Flor consider calling the phone numbers of their offices in the state they serve

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Flor consider calling the phone numbers of their offices in the state they serve
    Working on it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12