Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Based on confirmations of others: This is the latest update:

OK this what they say we have so far....
    OK so far the definite NO's to the Dream Act are:

Bunning
    Burr I'm shocked at Burr, but there has been several confirmations!!
    Brown
    Corker
    Crapo (according to Ex-Oc)
    Cronyn
    DeMint
    Chambliss
    Martinez (If attached to the DoD)
    Mendenez (If attached to the DoD)
    McCaskill
    Nelson (If attached to the DoD)
    Sessions
    Vitter

Likely No's

Dole
    Sununu
    Roberts
    _________
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nice, realbsball. Thanks for the info...You can bet I'll be doing a lot of editing to the canned message they have before sending it on their dime. But send it on their dime, I will. Thanks, National (Illegal) Immigration Law Center.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    TOLL FREE

Congressional Switchboard Numbers

800-833-6354
    866-340-9281
    877-762-8762
    866-808-0065
    888-355-3588
    866-220-0044
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

WORKING FOR CHANGE: ON IT......

We have to beat these idiots. What a sellout.

Menendez is voting no? Somehow I don't believe it.

I'd place a No on Dodd and Lieberman. I don't believe they will change their stripes now. They have been on the opposite team from the beginning, middle and the never ending saga. I can't think that they would change their minds.

You cannot get answers on issues until much later, its as if its state secret or something with them.

Sent this out to them, with a bit of personalization for each one, depending upon whether a sponsor or just a voter on these issues;

I am dismayed that you are a supporter of the Dream Act (Amendment 2237 to the DOD BIll) supporting the DOD bill is the right thing to do, we do not need to be held hostage once again to getting one thing that is correct and should be passed, by others that are not in the best interests of this nation and her citizens.

The Dream Act is just that, your want to let illegal alien children here before 16 yrs. of age, be granted instate tuition, and fast track to citizenship, without requiring documented proof of their residency. With the fast track to citizenship you are ignoring the lawfully present aliens who are forced to take the long route. I am not trying to punish children far from it, but it is a reality that we need to control immigration.

SKIL H-1B visas being increased is a slap in the face to the many citizens without jobs, having lost them to cheaper labor. We are denying our own citizens jobs and current and future grads within the industry jobs. Protect the citizens of this country and their interests, not foreign nationals. Only when companies can fully document and the DOL can fully verify that they cannot fill positions from available USA citizens then can they request more.

As to the H-2B visas for the Ag industry and unskilled, increasing that is ludicrous. First of all, there are millions of USA citizens actively seeking employment, not counting the many who have temporarily given up at this time on finding a job. 40% of the workers who came in on these visa overstayed their visas when they expired. Since Congress has not implemented an exit system, we cannot allow increases. We must monitor and have exit systems in place that work.

We do not want piecemeal legislation, we do not want amnesty, no matter what you desire to call it, its exactly that. We made you all aware of how we felt about amnesty earlier in June. Please pay attention to your fellow USA citizens. Remember who you represent, citizens, not foreign nationals.

We are not racists, nor bigots, we are citizens who want what is best for our country. You our representatives are not listening nor heeding your constituents. What you are doing is paying attention to commerce only. They are the ones calling the shots as to what goes on in this country.

The USA was founded on the principle of "government for the people, by the people." Its time all of you remember this. We are the voters, We are the Legitimate Voters.

Our elections have been a sham, we have our identities stolen, including our medical insurance coverage, our national crime rate is up, we are importing criminals, our debt is a disgrace and uncontrollable. Where does it end? If you do not think that the illegal aliens have not contributed to these problems then you must get in touch with your constituents, who are totally tired of these happenings and want our country to enforce the laws we have and to secure our borders. We do not need more laws, we have enough. They require enforcement. You do not enforce, and I don't mean just you personally, I mean all our representatives because commerce has replaced constituents interests. You represent citizens not corporations. They are the creator of these problems, their desire for cheap labor, great profits. Wake up and smell the coffee.

USA Citizens want THEIR COUNTRY BACK, OUR USA. We are not subject to foreign rule, the illegal aliens are. We already send millions there, send a few more and let Mexico get their act together. Other nations with less resources are doing so, certainly they can. Stop holding Mexico's hand and let that country become an adult and responsible, our babysitting time is way past.

Act for your citizens, your neighbor, your country, OUR country.

Do Not Allow Dream Act (Amendment 2237) pass, nor the increase in SKIL H-1B visa, nor Ag/Unskilled Labor H-2B visas be increased. Protect USA citizens and place their interests first and foremost.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    This is a site the illegals have used for faxing. We can use it also.

http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/or ... _KEY=12129
    Cool! I just sent this from there
    ----------------------
    Please DO NOT vote for the Durbin-Hagel-Lugar DREAM Act amendment to H.R. 1585. Make sure your vote is “NO Dream Actâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

working4change
    REALID WROTE:

Menendez is voting no? Somehow I don't believe it
    Neither do I RealID...He is a co-sponsor and a big LARaza man... I don't believe it. If he does vote no he's getting ready for something else or he has had a "come to Jesus moment" I can only hope and pray that he is really voting NO.

Staffer who answered phone from Sen. Enzi's office advised me on 9/14 that the senator opposes the Dream Act, however, I am not sure how reliable this info is. If someone can verify this tomorrow, please do.

Here's another letter sent;
    Dear Senator Durbin,

Supporting the DOD Bill is one thing, but adding the Dream Act,allowing education at reduced rates for illegal alien's children, without any documentation to prove he entered this country prior to being 16 and allowing them on a fast track to citizenship is not right when we have lawfully present aliens forced to take the long route. Your priorities seem to be unfair and undemocratic to say the least.

As to the SKIL Act and Ag workers, the H-1B visa being increased is disastrous to citizens who have lost their tech jobs and new graduates who can't get jobs in the industry. Isn't your loyalty supposed to be for this nations citizens? USA tech workers have seen their wages fall flat or they are unemployed....your first priority is protecting jobs for them, not foreigners. The ag H-2B visas do not need increases either. Have you any idea, once you get past the official unemployment records, which only state current people receiving benefits, how many Citizens are without jobs and could use these jobs that you want to increase for cheap labor? First of all 40% of these H-2B visas granted have people who never left our country when their visa expired, congress has no exit system implemented. Also since DOL is not allowed to verify that No Qualified Citizens are available to fill jobs, how can you say with any certainty that No American wants this job? You clearly cannot.

Your job is protect your citizens to the fullest extent the law permits. You are clearly not heeding your responsibility to your constiutents. It is dismaying and disheartening to see the sellout of USA citizens from their duly elected representatives, the very ones who are supposed to represent their Consituents interests.

I am ashamed of our leaders and representatives with the actions taken to date. You all are cleary out of touch with the very people you represent, being blinded by commerce interests.Its time to step up to bat for USA citizens, not the foreign interests.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast