Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There are over 300 amendments to the Defense bill, so be prepared for the next 2 weeks at least. WHEN they introduce the DREAM Act and the visa increases is anyone's guess. We all must watch this carefully.

So far, I haven't heard a position YET from ANY of the Senators offices I have spoken with today. Some of them aren't even answering.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Senator Richard Burr's (R-NC) office is now saying he is AGAINST THE DREAM ACT.

That is good news, but no answer yet on the H-1b and H-2b increases. I am waiting for a call back on those.

W
    GREAT NEWS! I'll call again on the Visa's issue.
    Yep!...Burr is a definate NO on S.A. 2237 The DREAM Act. No position taken, though, on H1-B and H-2B visa expansion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    There are over 300 amendments to the Defense bill, so be prepared for the next 2 weeks at least. WHEN they introduce the DREAM Act and the visa increases is anyone's guess. We all must watch this carefully.

So far, I haven't heard a position YET from ANY of the Senators offices I have spoken with today. Some of them aren't even answering.
    Thanks for the info. I have contacted Laura Ingraham. Probably wouldn't take much to get her to speak out against this. That will recruit more to help us oppose this.

working4change
    YES I have been emailing and faxing all morning...

Re: AMNESTY RED ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    These Senators OPPOSE the DREAM ACT, their offices told me this AM:
    1. Sen. JIM BUNNING (R-KY)
    2. Sen. CLAIRE MCCASKILL (D-MO)

These staff members in these offices simply cut me off when I said I was calling in opposition:
    1. Sen. Sam Brownback (R-KS)
    2. Sen. Jon Tester (D-MT)
    3. Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND) (Yes, our Sen. Dorgan!)

Sen. Brownback is a devout Catholic, and passage of the DREAM ACT is evidentally a major goal in what the Catholic Church now calls its "social agenda".

You can ad Vitter and Sessions to the OPPOSE list. Both offices have confirmed with me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Domenici's office non commital and taking zip codes.

CR
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Sen Martinez (FL) office says that he will vote no if DREAM Act or anything related to immigration is included in the Def Auth bill
    That would be absolutely super good news, if he holds true to this.

Sen Martinez' office just confirmed again that he will vote NO if anything is attached to the bill. They have confirmed that with other's that I know who have called today.

Sen Nelson's (FL) office is still saying that he is reviewing the language of all 3 amendments to the bill but that he believes that every child deserves a chance, blah, blah, blah. She told me that she would record my opposition to the amendments and let him know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Domenici's office non commital and taking zip codes.
    April has a zip code list that is of a lot of help to use if needed. Maybe shell see this post and post it on this thread.

Roberts (R-KS) - spoke at length to staffer (Melissa). No official position but very likely a NO.

Sanders (I-VT) - no official position but they are receiving significant calls against the DREAM act.

Stevens (R-AK) - no position released but are gettin a lot of DREAM Act calls

Voinovich (R-OH) - no position released.

Good For Florida

SURPRISE: Both Senators of Florida (lovers of Amnesty) will vote no. Reason given: Because it is attached to Defense Bill. If it was a stand alone, they would vote yes. FL has several military bases. Suspect this is the reason. NEVER did I expect this!!!Yes!

Phoned every Senator beginning last week. E-mailed every Senator. FAX got hit by lightning. Most inconsiderate of lightning!

States with Military bases could get the same Senatorial response as FL. If so, this is a slam dunk.

However, we were out done by the pro groups. Must devise new way to work. I do have a few ideas which I will share if you are interested.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast