Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is it appropriate to request congressional action be taken in regards to Senators Feinstein, Craig, Mikulski, Murray, Gregg, and Leahy using a War Bill to promote amnesty and self-interests?
    Good idea, I'll back it in any way I can also.

In this case, they possibly sabotaged a legitimate bill that should have moved forward. Shameful !!
    Yes, it's a shame. I still can't understand how amnesty for illegals is in any way related to the war!
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

If the AgJOBS amnesty weren’t bad enough, the Senate Appropriations Committee also attached more bad immigration measures.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) increased H2B visas. These go to unskilled foreigners who take jobs in nonagricultural fields. They’re popular with resorts, landscaping, restaurants and hotels.

Mikulski exempted from the yearly H2B cap of 66,000 any visaholders from the previous three years. By the third year, that could translate into some 400,000 unskilled foreigners taking low-end American jobs. They’ll compete directly with the most vulnerable American workers, and our teens and college students needing to get started on the first rungs of the career ladder, where they learn basic job skills.

Also, Sens. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Judd Gregg (R-N.H.) added an amendment to “recaptureâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I still can't understand how amnesty for illegals is in any way related to the war!

It isn't, it's dirty politics at it's finest !

"Any Which You Can" ( S---- the people), seems to be the policy in DC.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

zeezil do you have any information about: An amendment authored by Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) that grants a 5-year extension to a program that helps wealthy investors get green cards. Was this amendment indeed also attached to the War Spending Bill?

This is confusing--how many immigration-related amendments are/were attached? Guess the safest approach is to request all immigration-related amendments be detached from the Iraq War Spending Bill.

Information at FAIR lists 4 attached amendments.

1.) Feinsten and Craig's AgJob
    2.) An amendment authored by Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) that will dramatically expand the number of unskilled H-2B guest workers entering the U.S. each year;
    3.) An amendment authored by Senators Patty Murray (D-WA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH) that will make approximately 218,000 more green cards available for multinational executives and so-called "highly skilled workers" by "recapturing" visas from as far back as 1994; and
    4.) An amendment authored by Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) that grants a 5-year extension to a program that helps wealthy investors get green cards.

Link
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    If the AgJOBS amnesty weren’t bad enough, the Senate Appropriations Committee also attached more bad immigration measures.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) increased H2B visas. These go to unskilled foreigners who take jobs in nonagricultural fields. They’re popular with resorts, landscaping, restaurants and hotels.

Mikulski exempted from the yearly H2B cap of 66,000 any visaholders from the previous three years. By the third year, that could translate into some 400,000 unskilled foreigners taking low-end American jobs. They’ll compete directly with the most vulnerable American workers, and our teens and college students needing to get started on the first rungs of the career ladder, where they learn basic job skills.
    As a Marylander let me say that the Crab Industry on the Eastern Shore is totally dependent on H2B visas. Young people out of school will no longer work in the industry as they used to when I was a kid. I know that Sen. Mikulski put in the amendement to prevent the total collapse of the Maryland Crab industry.

However, I think the bill should be modified to cap to totally of H2B visas that can be in the country at any one time and also to block them from bringing family members who can then of course create anchor babies.

IN the case of the H2B workers in Maryland Crab Industy I know for a fact that they only come for about 4-5 months -- live near the area where the crabs are processed and then go back. The same people have been coming for years now and Sen. Mikulski wanted to create legislation to allow these same worker to return to employers on the Eastern Shore.

I think that is the useful purpose of H2B but I think the category gets abused by allowing too many in at any one time -- too long a duration, bringing family members and allowing them to take educations courses. Looks up H2B - there is a lot that needs to be changed in that visa. But it works for people who are needed for 4-5 months and then go home.

So I think this bill needs some modifications.

Enable Wage Slaves?

Let one in one week you get 10 of the family,
    let them in for 5 months, you still get the family

wage slaves for one day is evil, a wage slave for 5 months is only
    a larger evil, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT A SLAVE STATE

Young people out of school will no longer work in the industry as they used to when I was a kid.
    Frankly, I don't believe this at face value. What your essentially saying is that today's generation of young people is entirely different than every generation of young people in the past. Past gererations of young people were able to obtain employment as needed, temporay-seasonal-full-time-permanent. But today's generation is entirely different? I don't buy it. it is more due to the fact that these, and many other job avenues, have been closed off to America's young people by business targeting the cheapest, most exploitable labor possible. That would be illegal aliens and legals (foreigners) they've wedged into H-2B visas. Young people are also constantly being told by business "leaders", the media, schools, etc., that there is work that they 'just don't wan't to do' so only illegal aliens, foreigners, etc. should be doing it.

Nope, sorry...just ain't buying it. It's all about cheap, exploitable labor that will work for sub-standard wages in any work environment provided by the employer.

IN the case of the H2B workers in Maryland Crab Industy I know for a fact that they only come for about 4-5 months -- live near the area where the crabs are processed and then go back. The same people have been coming for years now and Sen. Mikulski wanted to create legislation to allow these same worker to return to employers on the Eastern Shore.
    Then Mikulski should be made personally responsible and certify that there will be ZERO visa overstays.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Then Mikulski should be made personally responsible and certify that there will be ZERO visa overstays.
    There never has been a problem with visa overstays in the Eastern Shore Crab industry. I know it is a big problem in other parts of the country, but not on the Eastery Shore. You have the overstays in the hotel, landscape and hospitality industry. The ones on the Eastern Shores have been coming for years -- same people every year. They always go home and have no desire to live in the US -- just want to make the extra money and go back home.

Hi judyweller, welcome aboard!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast