Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bank Boycott Coalition Releases List of Illegal Alien Banks

Bank Boycott Coalition Releases List of Illegal Alien Banks

February 20, 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

William Gheen of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    (866) 329-3999 or WilliamG@alipac.us
    www.bankofamericaboycott.com

A coalition of over 100 anti-illegal immigration groups that are boycotting Bank of America are releasing a broader survey of banks, in order to assist consumers in relocating their money to banks that are not in the business of aiding and abetting illegal aliens!

"To our knowledge, this list is the first of its kind and lists almost 500 banks that our researchers surveyed," said William Gheen of ALIPAC. "It is a work in progress and is designed to tell Americans which banks are accepting the Mexican Matricula card and which ones reject this form of ID. Only illegal aliens need the Matricula to establish accounts, therefore, banks that accept the Matricula are welcoming illegal aliens."

The national scandal over Bank of America's pilot project to give illegal aliens credit cards has led to a boycott and rising public anger. The bank's phone lines are jammed, with long waits for irate Americans canceling credit cards, closing bank accounts and moving mortgages to new banks. The bank is responding by denying any responsibility for their actions.

Bank of America Executives are refusing to answer media and public requests for answers.

"We want consumers to know where they can take their money, when they take it out of illegal immigration supporting banks like BofA and Wells Fargo" says William Gheen. "We will continue our research to promote banks that are not encouraging, inducing, and aiding and abetting illegal aliens. Without this research, many of our citizens will jump out of the frying pan and into the fire."

The National Illegal Immigration Boycott Coalition (NIIBC: www.illegalimmigrationboycott.com) is placing the list of banks that do and do not cater to illegal aliens on the Bank of America boycott website at www.BankofAmericaBoycott.com

This list of naughty and nice banks will continue to grow and more research will be added. Members of the public can send in information to help build the list and banks are encouraged to change their status on the lists by refusing to do business with illegal aliens.

Americans for Legal Immigration is a multi-ethnic, multi-party, national political action committee that is dedicated to inclusive activism, secure borders, and enforcement of existing immigration laws to reduce the number of illegal aliens in America. For more information, please visit www.alipac.us

###

Paid for by Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    www.alipac.us
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank goodness we have a place to start from now. As William said this is a work in progress.....and I hope you weigh in on this W; is this how best to handle discrepancies or questions regarding the banks on the list?

I've started researching some of the banks listed as not accepting the Matricular Consular Card on the boycott site list. And I want to encourage everyone who's looking to move their account to take a look at the Community/Diversity or Business Partnership areas of the bank's website you're considering moving your account to.

One example I found is World Savings. This one interested me because I actually have a branch here. But on researching it I found one of the groups they have listed as being involved with in community involvement is ACORN
    http://www.worldsavings.com/servlet/...ement.html#ws7

Well I've heard of ACORN's actions before; here's a page from their website:
    http://acorn(DOT)org/index.php?id=2644

I've already emailed the boycott site about my concerns. But I forgot one other key point. This particular bank is connected to Wachovia.

Another one listed is Countrywide Bank. In their FAQs section:
    https://bank.countrywide.com/sconten...q_new_accounts

Q: What kind of information/documentation do you require to open an account with you?

A: Our bank complies with Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act, which requires financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. When you apply for an account, you will be required to provide us with your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you.
    This sounds suspiciously like B of A's response. I know the Boycott team is working hard but we all have to help and do our research. They will want the lists as accurate as they can get them. And I know I only want to move my accounts once.