Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Blast the Senate! It's AMNESTY D-Day!

Our Plan

-- Stop the Amnesty legislation with a historic level of calls, faxes, and e-mails.

-- If the bill succeeds on Cloture Vote, immediately publicize the names of those that betrayed America and launch a candidate search to remove them from office.

-- Prepare to fight the bill in the House.

-- If it passes both chambers we will support candidates that will go to Washington and remove the Amnesty provisions of this law. If we must, we can kill this law before the citizenship provisions for illegal aliens kick in.

--
    Your calls, e-mails, and faxes are having a big impact in DC. Staffers report that they cannot remember this many people calling and the vast majority of calls are AGAINST the amnesty bill S. 1348.

The problem is that many members of the Senate still think they can define Amnesty and tell you this is not an amnesty. We also know that a few members of the Senate have cut back room deals and will vote YES on CLOTURE and NO on S. 1348 so they can claim they voted against the bill, when in fact they voted to suspend the rules so the bill could be voted on without debate.

The vote that decides this bill in the Senate will take place in about 9 hours at approximately 5:30pm EST.

If you were going to take a day off of work to contribute to this effort, today would be the day.

Our activists have worked hard to bring you an improved CONTACT LIST for the US SENATE located at this link....

CONTACT INFORMATION for U.S. SENATE & HOUSE
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63874

C-SPAN will start their coverage early this afternoon when Senator Jeff Sessions will start a Filibuster of the Bill and speak for about 3 hours. We suggest that everyone tunes in to C-Span to listen and watch while making calls to the US SENATE DC Offices, US SENATE DISTRICT OFFICES, and US SENATE CAMPAIGNS.

You can watch C-Span online at http://www.c-span.org/watch/

FOR THOSE THAT ARE NEW TO THIS LIST. BEGIN WITH YOUR HOME STATE AND THEN EXPAND YOUR CALLS OUTWARD TO SENATORS FROM OTHER STATES ACROSS AMERICA.

If you get the voice mail system, leave your message there and keep calling back till you get a human.

New Messages You Can Use

--

This bill is AMNESTY, everyone knows it, a yes vote on CLOTURE is a YES VOTE FOR AMNESTY and the whole country will remember this when you are up for reelection. Vote the way American citizens want you to. NO ON CLOTURE NO ON S. 1348!

---

"If you pass this bill then all of the illegals will become "Guest Workers", in fact, they will become YOUR Guest Workers. Instead of illegal aliens murdering Americans, soaking up tax dollars, and taking American Jobs, they will become "Senator __(Insert Senators Name Here)'s Guest Workers" <--- This is a powerful tool. Show them the amount of responsibility they will have for their actions.

---

Have you heard that many DC staffers have told their bosses that if their Senator votes YES on CLOTURE for S. 1348 they are resigning their positions immediately? Do you know how big the walkout is going to be?

---

This bill contains a national biometric ID, in-state tuition for illegal aliens, trillions in unfunded mandates, rewards for illegal aliens, amnesty for illegals and guilty corporations, resources to protect Mexico's Southern Border! What are the supporters of this bill thinking? This is an outrage.

---

America knows that you are trying to pass this bill without proper debate. We ask you to vote NO on CLOTURE to allow proper debate. This large bill just became available and nobody has even read the whole thing, except for those that wrote it. Please do not deprive all Americans of due process on this bill.

----

Special calls:

Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL)

Senator Sessions is on our side and will be speaking for a few hours before the CLOTURE vote is taken to override the rules and shut down debate. Please call to thank Senator Sessions. Tell him America is with him and you will be watching his speech on C-Span and will call to help. Tell Senator Sessions to really let the pro-Amnesty supporters of this bill have it!

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-NC)

Call Senator Graham's (R-SC) offices and let him know that he is coming home in the next election for cutting secret deals on this Amnesty Bill. You may want to watch this video and share your angry reaction with his staff.

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEfrFoAIn4

Senator John McCain

Call Senator John McCain's office and tell him you are happy to hear he will not be voting on Cloture. Tell him that you know his political career is finished because once you have been in political bed with Ted Kennedy on immigration, your political career is finished. Ask John McCain to share that news with other members of the Senate before it is to late!

Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)

Call Senator Saxby Chambiliss's offices in DC and Georgia and tell them you read about how he was booed at the GOP convention for supporting this amnesty bill. Ask the staff if they are aware how fast Georgians are going to bring Senator Chambliss out of the Senate for supporting a bill that will override the enforcement legislation passed by the Georgia state government? Senator Chambliss's YES vote on CLOTURE for this bill will be a YES vote for AMNESTY and the people of Georgia will not stand for it!

Senator Elizabeth Dole (R-NC)

Senator Dole has come out in public against this bill, however, she has not said she will vote against Cloture. Is Dole one of the ones, which has cut a deal and plans to vote Yes on Cloture and No on the bill. We need to know today before the vote!

----

If you want by the minute updates or to see what others are saying in their calls, please visit this link on the ALIPAC website.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 155#359155

Please do all you can today and know that thousands of us are working hard beside you even though you do not see us.

ALIPAC's William Gheen will be on many radio shows today calling other Americans to our aid and will be on the phones to the Senators as well.

We will notify everyone by e-mail as soon as the Cloture vote takes place.

If you are a new supporter or have not contributed in some time, now would be a great time to lend your support via our SECURE ONLINE CONTRIBUTIONS PAGE at....

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9

Thank you for your hard work in this fight and thank you for your continued support of ALIPAC.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Already started.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I started an hour ago.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

This is now on the homepage.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... e&sid=2184

Please post some of your messages to the Senate and activities here for our e-mail alert folks to look in on and take ideas from.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On top of it NOW!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I will do this from my cell - my work phone is a no-no for this.

I just spoke to someone at Dole's DC office and the woman answering the phone sounded like she was already at wit's end. She kept stating that Dole was opposed to the bill but when I pressed her to answer my question as to whether Dole would vote against cloture she said she didn't know and that she probably wouldn't know until the vote takes place. I found this to be unacceptable and told her I would be calling back within the hour for an answer.
    Ron Paul 2008

I am on the phones with you this morning. I'm having the same trouble getting a definitive Yes or No on Cloture out of the offices of Burr and Dole.

I called Senator Graham's office to rub it in a bit and the line is busy and the voice mail is full!

W

SPECIAL ALERT TO ALIPAC CORE ACTIVISTS ON BOARD:

Please keep a close eye on this Announcement Post and post your progress and messages here for others to see.

Keep an eye out because we have allies on the ground in DC today that are going to call us after they visit offices.

What we need you to do is to watch for updates from the ground and then direct a lot of feedback calls into the offices our people visit right after they leave.

Your messages will be one of the following.

No Vote on Cloture

"Senator ______, thank you for telling our citizen lobbyists that you plan to vote NO on CLOTURE for the Scamnesty Bill S. 1348. Please encourage other Senators to do the same and thank you for standing with the American public which deserves at least enough time to read this bill before any voting happens."

Yes Vote on Cloture

"Senator ________, How dare you deprive Americans of a chance to even read and debate this bill before your ramrod it through the Senate. Taxpayers are not paying you to go to DC and sell us out like this and deprive us of due process. You had best change your vote to NO on Cloture because a Yes Vote for Cloture on S. 1348 is a YES VOTE FOR AMNESTY! Everyone in your state will know that before your next election. Time to change course before it is to late."

UNKNOWN

"Senator ________, I am shocked to learn that your office will not tell Americans if you plan to stand with the public and vote NO on CLOTURE for the Amnesty Scamnesty bill S. 1348, or if you plan to sell out your constituents by voting Yes on Cloture to pass this bill without proper time or debate. This is a terrible bill and if this passes, Americans are going to remember in the next elections, etc... etc.... (add your persuasions here)

PLEASE BE READY TO FIELD A BUNCH OF TARGETED CALLS QUICKLY! WE NEED YOUR FULL ATTENTION ON THIS AROUND YOUR OTHER WORK.

William Gheen
    President of ALIPAC

I will be monitoring the Senate vis CSpan (Cable or online), and will be posting summaries of key points in near-real time.

I'll post the comments in a single thread so everyone can locate it easily.

Senate convenes at 1:00pm Eastern (10:00am Pacific).

UPDATE: In the meantime, I'll be calling senators as well... especially mine!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast