Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Breakthrough in North Carolina!

We need all of our volunteers to send 60 emails and make 60 calls to the NC Senate as soon as possible asking them to please pass this bill HB 1942 before adjourning session.

All of the Senators phone numbers and emails are at

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/members/ ... ber=Senate

I have to run over to the building. Please help me by getting things fired up! We also need callers to call all NC talk radio shows asap and give the public a heads up about this.

W

------------------------

This is great news! We are not out of the woods yet. Wed will be a very important day.

------------------------------------------------

House approves bill barring illegal immigrants from state work

The Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. | The House overwhelmingly endorsed a bill Tuesday that would force state agencies to determine the legal status of all new employees, but the action late in the legislative term makes it a longshot the bill will become law.

The proposal approved 107-2 would require the personal information of all new state employees to be screened through a U.S. Department of Homeland Security identity check.

"The state should lead the way to show that the people employed in North Carolina are actually eligible for employment," said Rep. George Cleveland, R-Onslow, the bill's sponsor.

North Carolina has a population of about 400,000 undocumented workers, according to the Washington-based Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research organization.

But with lawmakers pushing to finish the Legislature's annual session by as early as Thursday, Cleveland's measure faces a daunting road to passage. It will likely see a second House floor vote Wednesday. The Senate would then have to receive the bill, pass it through committee and approve it. Both chambers would then compromise on any differences before sending it to the governor for his approval.

Rep. Paul Luebke was one of two representatives to oppose the measure. He questioned why agencies would receive no money from the bill, even though it requires the new verification process.

"We don't need to be rushing forward with a bill like this," said Luebke, D-Durham.

http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs ... /607250983
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One would think that State and Federal agencies would already be checking for legal status before hiring employees, what a grand mess this is! No wonder the federal government doesn't want to enforce their own immigration laws. they would have to arrest or and fine their own agencies for breaking the laws how embarrassing for them!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

We need all of our volunteers to send 60 emails and make 60 calls to the NC Senate as soon as possible asking them to please pass this bill HB 1942 before adjourning session.

All of the Senators phone numbers and emails are at

I have to run over to the building. Please help me by getting things fired up! We also need callers to call all NC talk radio shows asap and give the public a heads up about this.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

added to the homepage with a note!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... =1&thold=0

I sure am getting a lot of answering machines. I am leaving a messages. I have talked to one person so far ironically in my grandmothers district of Henderson County.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Message going out to our national list.

Supporters of ALIPAC:

I have to make this quick as I am rushing to the General Assembly to meet with lawmakers and press. There has been a break through in NC and HB 1942 "Verify Public Employee Legal Status/Funds." passed the NC House last night by a vote of 107-2. This bill is expected to pass the house on final reading today (Wed)

The problem is that the Democrat leadership in the NC Senate is expected to adjourn the session on Thursday before this bill makes it to the floor. We need every volunteer we can get to make 60 calls and send 60 e-mails to the NC Senate as soon as possible asking the NC Senate to expedite, discuss, and pass HB 1942 before leaving town.

Here are the phone numbers and e-mails for the NC Senate. Main focus should be on the Democrats.

Here is a copy of the article about this bill passing and a place where our volunteers can coordinate online.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=35816

I will be in the hallways meeting with press and lawmakers all day.

Thank you for your support and backup on this. I will update everyone soon.

Best Regards,

William Gheen
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC ALIPAC
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878

I am having better luck now.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Senator Weinstein,

Sir, It is imperative that HB 1942 be passed this session.

NC is getting a bad reputation as a sanctuary state...one that supports illegal aliens, instead of obeying laws already on the books. Illegal aliens are criminals by definition. There is far too much crime caused by illegal aliens: too many deaths, injuries, burgleries, ID theft, etc. The citizens of NC deserve security, Sir.

Please stand up for NC and our nation.

This is what our citizenry wants.

Sincerely, Pat XXXXXX

Sent to David Weinstein...mailtoavidw@ncleg.net

Will keep adding...I'm starting at the bottom of W.s list.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I'm making my calls now. We dont have time to waste. Emails may not cut it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I called Senator Keith Presnell's office. No one there. Left a vocie mail and will continue to call and email all of them.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast