Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How they voted:

(D) Keller N
    (R) Kopp N
    (R) King N
    (R) White N
    (D) Williams Y
    (D) Hodge Y
    (D) Sandoval Y
    (D) Bacon Y
    (D) Tapia Y

I HAVE REMOVED THE COMMITTEE LISTS POSTED HERE, PLEASE USE THE ENTIRE SENATE LIST AT THE TOP IN THE EMAIL ALERT.

THIS BILL IS OUT OF COMMITTEE AND HEADED FOR A FULL SENATE VOTE

DO NOT, I REPEAT... DO NOT JUST RELY ON EMAILS. WE NEED CALLS! CALLS! CALLS! TO THE ENTIRE CO SENATE
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Working on it!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    PUSH PATRIOTS PUSH!!!!!! LETS MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!!!

Colorado SB-170

Thank you so much for all the email addresses. I HEARD THE WHOLE THING this morning on THE PETER BOYLES SHOW! It was disgusting!

I can't do the calls, I'm sorry (no land line, limited cell minutes). However, I sent the following to every single senator on your list. The first two sentences are yours, the rest is mine:

Senator ________, please oppose and vote against Chris Romer's SB09-170 "in-state tuition for illegal aliens". All Americans should be upset at how this bill was passed out of committee and Romer deserves a public rebuke! I heard the whole thing this morning on the Peter Boyles show, and I am sickened by the sneaky, underhanded trick that was played.

In fact, I am mad as hell, and I want my country back. The entire US Congress, as a group, should actually study the Constitution of The United States. Take a few weeks. Include the writings of our Founders. I, and millions of other Americans, actually LIKE the way they set things up.

This also goes for each state's congress.

A very angry patriot,
    Julie Jamison
    Falcon, Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    DO NOT, I REPEAT... DO NOT JUST RELY ON EMAILS. WE NEED CALLS! CALLS! CALLS! TO THE ENTIRE CO SENATE
    I was going to email everyone tonight after reading the alert. However after reading the above I changed my mind. I really don't appreciate the yelling that only calls are good.

Sorry, but not all of us can make phone calls. You need to realize that calls are NOT viable for many of your members. I knew I don't have enough cell minutes to spare to do so, and with being on the road right now I don't have land line access. If you want the email only crowd to help you need to let you know we are appreciated. The above make me feel like emailing would be a waste...

April
    Quote Originally Posted by lkendter
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I was going to email everyone tonight after reading the alert. However after reading the above I changed my mind. I really don't appreciate the yelling that only calls are good.

Sorry, but not all of us can make phone calls. You need to realize that calls are NOT viable for many of your members. I knew I don't have enough cell minutes to spare to do so, and with being on the road right now I don't have land line access. If you want the email only crowd to help you need to let you know we are appreciated. The above make me feel like emailing would be a waste...
    Emails are appreciated , any action taken is appreciated! Please do email! Any, and all action helps the cause!

April

Re: Colorado SB-170

Quote Originally Posted by eosphoros
    Thank you so much for all the email addresses. I HEARD THE WHOLE THING this morning on THE PETER BOYLES SHOW! It was disgusting!

I can't do the calls, I'm sorry (no land line, limited cell minutes). However, I sent the following to every single senator on your list. The first two sentences are yours, the rest is mine:

Senator ________, please oppose and vote against Chris Romer's SB09-170 "in-state tuition for illegal aliens". All Americans should be upset at how this bill was passed out of committee and Romer deserves a public rebuke! I heard the whole thing this morning on the Peter Boyles show, and I am sickened by the sneaky, underhanded trick that was played.

In fact, I am mad as hell, and I want my country back. The entire US Congress, as a group, should actually study the Constitution of The United States. Take a few weeks. Include the writings of our Founders. I, and millions of other Americans, actually LIKE the way they set things up.

This also goes for each state's congress.

A very angry patriot,
    Falcon, Colorado
    Welcome eosphoros!! Great email!! Thanks for joining in!

I will make calls to fill voice mails.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Just recieved this from Keith King: I did not support the bill in the appropriations committee today and will continue to fight the bill. Keith.

"Having started three charter schools in Colorado Springs and constantly fighting to empower Colorado's students, I have come to understand the value of a quality education.

The result of quality higher education is the opportunity for skilled, meaningful work. This is something that is not accessible to illegal immigrants even if they attend universities and are given instate tuition. Senate Bill 170 would give them false hope for their future.

So why don't these students just become legal residents? Well it's not that easy. Denver Post columnist Tina Griego states, "The law says if you entered the country illegally - even if you were still in diapers when you did it - then you must return to your home country to be processed for legal re-entry." Continuing, she writes, "It is for this reason that State Sen. Chris Romer's amendment to his in-state tuition bill requiring students to sign an affidavit declaring intent to pursue citizenship is a well-meaning but empty gesture" (Immigration 101 Might Change Minds, March 10, 2009).

Due to the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, if a resident that is here illegally is offered postsecondary education benefits all citizens must be offered the same benefit - regardless of their state residency status. This means that if SB-170 was passed residents from any state could come into a Colorado college and request instate tuition. This issue has been brought up before the courts in California. If all out-of-state students were granted instate tuition status, higher education revenue losses would be somewhere around $263,890,969 (Colorado Department of Higher Education).

This bill was originally claimed to have no fiscal impact on the state. When it came up in the Senate Education Committee, I decided it needed to be sent to the Appropriations Committee so they true fiscal impact could be determined. My motion failed in committee, but my motion was accepted on the floor. Now in Appropriations, SB-170 is running into bipartisan opposition.

We have compassion for these young men and women, but I do not believe it is appropriate for us to give them false hope."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast