Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    I went to BING! Was getting error message using google again this afternoon

AlIPAC comes in the the first page at the top for me.
    I went to Bing and Yahoo and both told me I got an infection!

HTML?/lframe.Clexploit or html.c!exploit
    Can they do that?
    I just tried BING and McAfee updated my computer with the message it removed a "script" that could have infected other programs. It showed "Exploit-CVE2009-0075".
    I'm running a scan with CA and so far it has removed two infections of it.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Google blocked me so I changed the search engine and still couldn't get in with Firefox. So I switched to IE but when I came to the site Norton flagged a warning that it blocked bloodhound(dot)Exploit.213 .

Here is the link to this according to Norton:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/security ... 18-2219-99

Google toolbar has been removed from my computer permanently

You have to go into the Firefox. tools. security. uncheck - blocked reported attack sites. then ok

If you get a reported attack Firefox will block you from check "REPORTED" sites. Tricky, tricky!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am now using Ask.com. I got rid of Google after William warned us the first time about what was going on. I have also told others about this suspicious activity on the part of Google and suggested they do the same as I have.

what can we do?

I'm changing my search engine as soon as I can get a hold of my tech guy. I did it temporarly but everytime I sign on I have Google. Ever since I put Alipac in my favorites I don't get the warning anymore. Originally the warning scared me!

I agree..a class action suit!

Judy

You can get tech service for about $10 month from some internet providers. Embarq is doing a great tech support and security system currently.

I cannot believe the tricks that Google and others are using. I was begged by a Computer Professor to go for a Computer Science Degree. I could and enjoyed writing programs for the computer during my college days.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alta Vista
    www.altavista.com

HotBot
    www.hotbot.com

Lycos
    www.lycos.com

WebCrawler
    www.webcrawler.com

Netscape/AOL
    http://netscape.aol.com/

Yahoo
    yahoo.com
    Have all been around for about 15 years+

Ask.com has been around at least 10. I think it used to be called Ask Geeves.

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    I Googled Illegal Immigration ALIPAC at 6:04 Today
    Look it still says it will harm your computer!

http://www.google.com/search?q=Illegal+ ... 1I7SUNA_en

What do you think is another good site I can use to search. I'm dropping Google and telling my friends to also.

Recommendations? I use to use Excite ........
    If you use IE, check next to the search box. Click on the arrow to the far right and you should get a drop down menu listing which providers are available to you. You can add to your list by choosing "Find more providers." If that does not work for you then use this link to add providers to your browser:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/sea ... fault.mspx

I have a list of providers in my drop down menu and I choose between them depending on what I need. If I dont get what I need from one, I try the other.

Bing and Yahoo work great for me. Another way to use these search providers is to just google one of them to get to their search engine page, and then put that page in your "favorites." That way you have one click access. But the best way is just to add it to your browser search box.

Re: what can we do?

Quote Originally Posted by jmkmini
    I'm changing my search engine as soon as I can get a hold of my tech guy. I did it temporarly but everytime I sign on I have Google. Ever since I put Alipac in my favorites I don't get the warning anymore. Originally the warning scared me!

I agree..a class action suit!

Judy
    Just change your default search provider. Click the arrow to the far right of the search box on your browser. There should be a list there. To change your default just choose "manage providers." If you want you can add new providers by clicking "search for more providers."

Shouldn't someone remove the Google search option from the top right hand corner of the home page?

I'm not very technically savvy, is there a reason it can't be removed?

I too will be cleansing my computers of Google.
    <div>
    </div>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast