Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I saw it on Fox news. it did say illegal. also thought i
    saw it on CNN and Lou Dobbs.

I did hear about the accident on local TV news, but only because I live in western SD (South Dakota, not San Diego) and KELO-TV in Sioux Falls has a satellite transmitter here so we get eastern SD local news as western SD local news. If I remember correctly, and I heard the teaser stories presented between programs more often than I saw the actual news, the first news stories were purely that the accident had occurred, then after a couple of days they included the "questionable immigration status" of the driver, then after a couple days stated that the driver was an illegal alien. KELO did do a story eventualy on that not only did the woman not have a drivers license; but that she just didn't know how to drive -- apparently not even understanding the concept of a shift knob.

Woman: Morales Didn't Know How to Drive

Alianiss Morales

Click to watch video
    Read Comments
    Post Comment
    The Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicles confirms Alianiss Morales has a valid Minnesota I.D. card, but does not have a driver's license. She's been in trouble before for driving without a license.

Alianiss Morales received a ticket in May 2006 for driving without a license. The call came into police that Morales jumped the curb in Montevideo and drove into a woman's yard. And that she apparently had no idea how to operate a car.

"She never should have been allowed behind a wheel of a vehicle. Because it was very obvious to me she didn't have a clue what she was doing," says Sandra Keding from Montevideo, Minn.

Keding has seen Alianiss Morales drive. And she'll never forget it.

"I heard this gravel flying, like a car speeding. I stood up and looked out the window and she was coming right for the house. Right up on the curb and right up to the house. What stopped her, I don't know," she says.

Keding says Morales, now in custody after the school bus accident that killed four kids, was more than an inexperienced driver.

"It was very obvious to me she didn't not know how to drive," she says.

After Morales jumped the curb and almost crashed into Keding's house, Keding helped move the vehicle back onto the street.

Sandra Keding: She got back in the car and acted like she didn't know what a shift knob was for.

Lou Raguse: On an automatic?

Keding: On an automatic, yes. She got back in the car and drove off, and she was driving down the wrong side of the street at that time yet.

Raguse: Did she look frazzled? Yes, very frazzled, Very nervous. Very shaky.

Keding helped police stop Morales that time. And now knowing that Morales may have been responsible for the deaths of four children in an accident that could have been prevented... Keding believes justice needs to be done.

"She definitely needs to pay the consequences. Whatever our laws will permit them to do, I think needs to be done to her," Keding says.

Keding didn't realize that Morales was the same woman who almost drove into her house until contacted by KELOLAND News.

She says the bus accident really hits close to home, as Montevideo is not far from Cottonwood.

Lou Raguse
    © 2008 KELOLAND TV. All Rights Reserved.

Here is a link to some of the KELO information, including a link to the court documents filed. I did an ALIPAC site search last night and didn't see that this had been posted before; if so I apologize for being redundant.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=25,66728

Why turn on the TV news anymore? It's nothing but propaganda and half truths. I get most of my news from AM Talk radio and the internet.

ICE eats it's own too. Look what local Colorado government is doing to Agent Cory Voorhis, and yet ICE sits back and does nothing to help this man.
    The name Cory Voorhis should be as common to all of us here as the names Ramos & Compean. His story is every bit as tragic.
    Stop the MOB deny the JOB

Minnesota School Kids Killed by Illegal Alien

Fox News covered it several days. The first day, coverage began mid-morning and the progress of determining her status was updated all day. At first no one knew if she was illegal. Then it was discovered that at least two women were using the same name. It may have been the next day that differences in the two women's descriptions were reported. Fox News showed pictures of the bus and it appeared to have been T-boned by her SUV and knocked on its side - she must have been going really fast. Yesterday Fox showed a video of her - she broke her leg. According to Fox, she has been charged with four counts of vehicular murder, among other charges.

The only thing bad about Fox News is Geraldo Rivera!

It does take law enforcement some time to verify that a person is an illegal immigrant. They could just be an American trying to conseal their real ID. Often at first, they report that the ID is questionable, since they are just an unidentified person. After they do the ICE interview, then they can report if the person is illegal. T

The press should follow up on immigration status with the arresting jurisdicition but often they don't or they just don't publish it.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard this story on the Bill O'reilly show on Fox News!

BKNIGHT

Hi there BKnight, thanks for the input.

Please stick around and help in the cause
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard about the story on a radio news broadcast last week. Thanks to ALIPAC I now know the details and am sharing them with email friends and associates. I also want to thank the poster who provided this link
    http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/. I will be linking that up at my website for others to visit! Thanks ALIPAC Team for the email alert, and let's all hope this tragedy wakes up a few more slumbering sheeples!

A current and related news article:

Coleman: Immigration reform a fed issue first

By Dana Yost

U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman was in the front row in Cottonwood on Feb. 21 for a public memorial service for the victims of the Lakeview School bus crash.

His office has also received several phone calls and e-mails from people angry that an alleged illegal alien drove the van that struck the bus on Feb. 19.

In an interview with the Independent on Thursday arranged before the bus crash , Coleman said it remains important to separate the grief over the loss of four students and the immigration issue — although he said the nation's immigration system is a "broken" one.

Coleman, who spoke briefly at last week's service, told the crowd that he and his wife had lost two young children of their own to congenital health issues.

"I sat in the first row and looked at the parents (of the victims), and my heart just emptied," Coleman said. "Their grief was so clear. The mom of that little girl, Emilee, was so overcome.

"That should be our first reaction, and the political aspect should be put aside. ... First and foremost, let us pray. Let us grieve and let us pray, and then let us fix the system we have."

He said the place to fix the immigration system is within the federal government, and a good place to start is to get federal agencies to communicate better with one another.

There have been stories written that the van driver, Olga Marina Franco, was perhaps twice involved in previous traffic stops in which drivers did not have valid Minnesota licenses. She originally told authorities her name was Alianiss Nunez Morales, and a woman with that name was cited for a 1996 Chippewa County violation.

A woman with the Franco name was a passenger in a car stopped in Kandiyohi County in January where the driver did not have a valid license, authorities have said. Local and federal authorities say they are not certain if the same woman was involved in the 2006 and January incidents.

But local officials said Wednesday that it points to how hard it is for local law enforcement to detain possible illegal immigrants when they are arrested for misdemeanor crimes — they typically don't book or run background checks in misdemeanor cases.

Given that, Coleman said, the burden is on the federal government.

He compared the illegal immigration issue to problems federal agencies had with terrorists before the Sept. 11 attacks — agencies are not sharing data on possible suspects with one another. He called it a "silo" mentality, in which agencies work strictly within their own "silos," and said that approach has to change.

Right now, it isn't easy to tell if an employee is using fake ID or if the same ID is being used in two different places in the country at the same time, he said.

"We don't talk to each other," he said of federal agencies. "The IRS doesn't talk to Homeland Security, or to Social Security.

"We need to improve our own system," he said of the federal government. "We still need to hold employers accountable (for hiring illegals), but we need to hold up our act, too.

"There are some things we could fix to certainly make the system better. It's a broken system right now."

n

On another issue, Coleman was asked what the federal government could do to help improve Minnesota's transportation infrastructure. A Marshall committee plans to lobby lawmakers in Washington D.C. at some point for funding for specific local projects, and transportation has been a major item at the state Capitol the past week.

Lawmakers overrode Gov. Tim Pawlenty's veto of a $6.6 billion transportation plan, meaning a gas-tax increase will go into effect later this fall. On Thursday, Carol Molnau was stripped of her transportation commissioner position by the state Senate.

Coleman said he disagreed with the gas-tax increase, saying it's going to hurt consumers already pinched by a bad economy. He said something had to be done to boost transportation money, but "there was a better way to do it," and it's too bad politics prevented a more productive discussion.

Coleman, who now trails DFL challenger Al Franken in two February polls on the Senate race after holding a 22-point lead last May, said he believes in bonding for infrastructure, including transportation.

The new state bill includes some bonding, as did a bill proposed by Pawlenty. He also said that while the federal government usually doesn't bond, it may be time to do so on transportation.

He said the recently completed federal transportation bill didn't go far enough, and he backed a provision to include up to $100 million in bonding in it.

His own Rural Renaissance program, which helps other areas of rural infrastructure, includes about $400 million and is in the still-being-debated farm bill. He thinks it will survive the final version of the bill.

"I'm a believer in bonding," Coleman said. "I'm a believer that government does infrastructure.

"One of the things I took great pride in was getting the small city of Brewster a community-development block grant to fix their wastewater treatment system. Once they got that, they were able to add a soybean (biodiesel plant). You wouldn't get the jobs without fixing the wastewater.

"I'm a former mayor, I understand infrastructure. And I say this as a former mayor — I think infrastructure is a pretty good investment."

http://www.marshallindependent.com/News ... leID=19664

Illegal Alien hits school bus in MN

I live in MN, so this story is all over the press, talk raido, etc. I have a friend in TX who emailed me this morning about it, so he's aware that it is an illegal immigrant involved. I don't know what his news source was, I'm just stating that (illegal alien) fact is being published in other states, far from MN, ND and SD, by whatever means, and I'm happy to know that it is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast