Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No March On DC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There will be many in Washington opposed to illegal immigration and to the fact that illegal aliens are included in bailouts, health care, spending, amnesty, higher insurance rates, job losses, etc.

If anyone is attending the 9/12 event, take Friday to go and let your Congress person and others in Washington hear your voice.

Congressman Marsha Blackburn speaks out strongly against amnesty and illegal immigration. Rep. Tom Price opposes illegal immigration.

Revelation 3:12
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: The Washington March and ALIPAC

Quote Originally Posted by kmhappel
    For at least five years I have been active in the fight against our government's immigration policies, legal and otherwise. I am a member and constant user or contributer to FAIR, USA-Numbers and am a now a member of ALIPAC. I have been a contributer to all three. I have protested at the border and in the towns around my home. Some congressional people must be sick of my emails, faxes and letters opposing amnesty, supporting secure borders and desiring a rational immigration policy. I know they are sick of my calls.

So I want to talk to about our attitude.

I will be in Washington for the 912 March. I think the most serious mistake ALIPAC can make is to boycott or otherwise denigrate the 912 effort because you can't be on the grandstand or because someone who isn't specifically against amnesty will be there.

This negative 912 march conversation builds nothing, creates weakness and destroy's unity at a time when we are facing an organized and disciplined attempt to change the very structure of our country. We need every American who will get off their butt and be counted to do so wherever they feel motivated. Even if ALIPAC is not on the grandstand. Without any doubt whatsoever, the vast majority on the mall that day are for secure borders. I am living proof, so please drop it.

We got exactly the President our divided, bickering and determined to be more pure than anyone else attitudes deserve. We failed to compete in the open market of ideas and have ours win. We failed to unite with people who are our natural associates in the cause for retaining a constitutional republic. Our founding father's understood this. That's why the Constitution is called the great compromise.

May we show that we are more interested in saving our country than being the one to expose that someone that is not in perfect agreement might actually show up and support another issue that we also agree with, like the growing national debt and nationalized healthcare.

I pray that we learn the tea party lesson. In spite of my state senator's opinions, the tea parties were not "astroturf" created by nor being run by national political organizations. The tea parties are not a political movement requiring that everyone we play with be exactly like us. On April 15th my tea party was about 35% Democrats. Why, because it is NOT astroturf, but the real thing, a grassroots movement.

The tea party movement is becoming larger and more organized as the political insight of the people coming to town hall meetings and marches grows. As we become more aware and the number of people we inspire increases, all the movements that relate to our constitutional form of republic grow in support. In the end they are the anti-amnesty movement's greatest potential ally. That is, if we don't manage to shoot ourselves in the foot with our own stupidity (Oh yes, this is tongue in cheek and I'm both a member of the NRA and probably at the top of a Napolitano DHS list).

I know that the long time supporters of secure borders like you and I, have spent a very long time doing it by ourselves, sticking to our guns a doggedly keeping on when nearly no one thought our issues valid. Yet we won a major place in the national conversation and have beaten off so many attacks at times when it would have been easier to just give up.

So come to march and protest about healthcare and spending on the 12th if you are against the the administrations spending and the attempt to nationalize healthcare. Support and ask for support. Show that we actually are, at least, as able as Democrats and Communists to organize winning political movements.
    You can talk to me about my attitude after you learn how not to misspell the name of our organization five times in a row!

You claim you have been involved in fighting illegal immigration for five years in America and you come here and call us ALIFAC five times?

Not buying that one. I was born 40 years ago, not yesterday.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, stez and kmhappel. We all have a joint interest, and that is taxes, which are only increasing because of illegals, with anchor babies we need to support, school and provide healthcare for. Taxes go up although the American taxpayers wages go down as many employers lay them off to hire illegals so they can afford to outbid others.
    Please carry that message to DC as it is one of the fundamental problems with our tax system: illegals are costing us a lot of money, much more than they contribute in taxes, as claimed by some, and the tidal wave of illegals working under the table and not paying more than sales taxes while sending remittances home.
    And, I will add that this is no boycott, but fiscal responsibility on behalf of this group, to which our elected reps should pay a bit more attention.

Dear William,

Sorry to ruffle feathers. No ruffling was intended: Please let me explain.

(1) We are all on your side. What you have to say is very important and most of us have come to distrust the current occupants of our institutions. So when you indicate there is some kind of problem we all listen up.

(2) Where did the idea that we are boycoting 9/12 come from?

"While almost 90% of you would like to see something like that happen, we will not be able to do one in September. There are a host of reasons for this that we will not get into right now....For those of you who are planning on being in Washington this month we are preparing a report for national release next week that will give you more insight about the groups you are working with. Unfortunately, not one single real immigration enforcement group or leader has been invited to participate in the 9/12 events. Again, the vast majority of people attending the 9/12 events are with ALIPAC on immigration enforcement, but it appears some of the top leadership of the 9/12 events are parts of the Open Borders Lobby which is a fusion of Democrat and Republican groups that favor unlimited or barely limited legal and illegal immigration."
    This sounds like a warning that the 9/12 march and protest are being subverted or will somehow support Open Border groups or be something you don't feel you can associate with. Sorry, but everyone read it that way.

If that IS so, say it clearly, otherwise this is misleading and you shouldn't have said it or should have said something else.

I and others commented on the fact that the 9/12 event is a protest planned specifically about healthcare and the growing national debt. Some pointed to the obvious link with illegal immigration. When ALIFAC decided not to participate, your reasoning in the comment sounded like there was a connection between that decision and the info that the report would reveal. If not, I am glad. I think that ALIPAC should join causes where you agree on that other issue with some of your opponents. Why? Because winning each of these battles against tyranny is more important for our country than any other concern, including being right or refusing to associate with people who don't support our issue but do support a common third issue.

The proponents of healthcare, cap and trade, nationalized industries and monsterous deficit spending clearly desire amnesty and some want even more, up to and including, universal world sufferage in our political system. Every defeat we hand them makes them less able to pass an amnesty bill or more onerous things.

(3) "We never said Glenn Beck was for Amnesty either." That is absolutely true, but when you said,

"...even though we know Glenn Beck is against Amnesty. Or at least he was over the last few years."
    You left the door open to that interpretation, it sounds like you were having second thoughts and everyone, again, picked up on it.

(4) About facts, their importance and our freedom of speech.

"Several of the groups that are sponsors of the 9/12 events are for Amnesty programs and that's a fact and pointing that out is a good thing....]"We are not going to hold our tongues when our supporters need to know the FACTS about both candidates and groups."
    No one has suggested, intended or said anything even remotely like this. However, there is a third choice after it is a good thing or it is not a good thing. That third choice is that it is an unimportant thing.

Given that you haven't said that you aren't officially going to attend because there is something wrong or out of alignment with your principles and that you are upset that we, your readers, conclude that there might be such a reason, then why is the sharing of these FACTS so important.

Noting that the 912 event is about something other than ALIPACT's prime issue and has support from groups that are for immigration is one thing, leaving an impression that there is something so wrong with the participation that the orgainzation will issue a report about so we can "know who we are dealing with" is clearly something else.

I personally would have loved it if you said something like we are going to issue a report that will help you express our view and maybe win the day with the pro-amnesty groups that will be there. That would be fantastic.

(5) Why are people implying these things? Why, because you did. It no big deal and no critism of you or ALIPAC.

"Should I have anticipated these reactions more and filled the first part of our email with LEGAL DISCLAIMERS to make sure everyone understands what we are not saying?"
    William, no need for legal fine print (if you could see me smiling you'd get that I probably would like you very much if I knew you). Its simple, you are succeeding. ALIPAC and other opponents of illegal immigration are no longer a sidebar in the national political converstation. What you have to say is going to be reviewed and commented on brutally from here on out because you are winning. The big leagues require more integrity and carefulness of expression.

(6) I salute you, William, and the organization, ALIPAC, and, all of us, your members. We have started to wag the dog, we are not alone but are joining a sphere of engagment where we, along with fellow citizens and issues will form a consensus in support of our common belief in our constitutional republic, its laws and its sovereign citizens.

Thnxs for letting me talk with you. I want you to know that I support you and if you ever need it, I have your back.
    Ken from Vista

Vortex, you can count on it. Thanks. I will post a picture here or on facebook after the event. If you're at 9/12 I'll be one of the EMTs in the medical area along with my wife.

I know about the relationship to taxes, my wife was a psych-nurse in a San Diego County outpatient clinic. The clinic was closed, in large part, due the uncompensated cost to the county's general fund caused by illegal immigrant patients. The county's "don't ask" policy has made it impossible or at least very difficult to document the real costs. My suspicion is, even though the documented costs are great (I talked with the clinic doctors about strategies they might use to win an outsourcing contract for their own clinic), that the real costs are far greater than we can document.

I have a very small fruit orchard (but economically important to me, my wife and my 94 year old mother) and have been working with other farmers and gardeners in my area to promote www.hireapatriot.com and the use of very willing marines instead of illegal immigrants.

After the day of rage when our schools were closed because kids with American flags were beat up by kids with Mexican flags and my wife's car was stoned as she drove down the street, I became street active.

So I am on board about the costs of illegal immigrants, the costs to the general funds of cities and counties and the direct relationship to the rise in our tax rates. I pay more now than I did in the Netherlands.

William, I have been fighting illegal immigration for five years. Whether you believe or not, I have protested that long without being able to spell ALIPAC. Even though ALIPAC has sent me emails periodically for quite some time, I joined ALIPAC today. I see that I have misspelled it again and again in my second comment too. For that I apologize. (I have now gone back and fixed the spelling in the second message).

As for your inability to see a friend, that's too bad. After 60 years I have discovered what Buffalo Springfield meant, "Can you tell a wise man by the way he speaks or spells? Is that more important than the stories that he tells?"

I forgive you. These are hard times.

Welcome to Alipac. We appreciate those who want to speak out and be active against illegal immigration and against those issues that threaten all Americans and the United States. Alipac offers excellent news and commentary, whether on the important topic of illegal immigration, or a variety of other important topics now facing our nation and our citizens.

Revelation 3:20
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Absolutely, no forgiveness accepted.
    We are all Americans, period! And while some of us focus on a segment of the problem, we all have the same goal: stopping the impending insanity we are facing.
    None of us peons are blind to the inequities being forced on us, like increasing taxes and not being able to get a loan for a home these days because banks gave out the liar loans to everyone including illegals.
    Please do post photos here, as I cannot get there as I am sole caretaker of my elderly relative.
    And we really are not that persnickety about spelling--unless you are new!

Well my new friend with three whole posts here at ALIPAC. Glad to have you aboard and thank you for spelling our name correctly now as ALIPAC.

That is a good start.

A few other people made the false claim we were boycotting this 9/12 thing.

We have some news to share that will disappoint a great many of the 9/12ers and many times people try to shoot the messenger.

ALIPAC is going to keep putting the truth out there in the hopes people will use it wisely.

We will have a new release for you all on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

This is the kind of thing that is going to cause a lot of waves when we put it out so there will be no hurried release just to satisfy curiosities.

W

Fair enough William.

You should, however, note how quickly people pick up that stuff in the unsaid. Look, you don't know me, but I have spent decades being publicly misquoted and I have really worked on trying not to be.

I don't think I'll be disappointed. I don't expect more than that people put themselves forward and try even if for the wrong reasons. Americans have the freedom to get it wrong including me.

Yet, some people, whose ideas I can't or couldn't stand, have turned out to be saving and critical even though I would have never guessed before hand.

Sometimes a big or direct mouth like mine seems unappreciative or too intrusive, but its not meant to be. My heart is much bigger and I believe in a God that forgives. I also am committed to winning this political fight and we are all going to have to grow beyond the selves we know.

ken

Go get 'em! And there was a man of wisdom who said once something like I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right!
    Take our angle with you, and it would be really cool if you can give us all updates from DC.
    Hopefully, you will have time to visit the Smithsonian and do some tourist things. (Grew up in the burbs and worked downtown, but from what friends tell me I would not recognize the place these days.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast