Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think William's streamlined approach looks pretty good. I would like to add one thing, and that is to come up with a way to harass the news media (TV News, Radio, Newspapers, News Magazines) to publish more illegal immigration and SPP related stories. The IRAQ war is on the front page every day, but I could count on one hand the number of news stories on illegal immigration or SPP that I have come across in the past year. I think a lot of this has to do with inherent bias at the main sources for national and international news feeds, which are Reuters and the Associated Press (AP). I have news headlines on my web home page, which come from AP, and I have not seen more than two stories in the past 15 months. If Reuters and AP don't feed it to the major media, the major media is not going looking for it.

I have no experience in this area, but perhaps some other ALIPAC members do. How can we force, coerce, or at least fool the media into putting the issues on the table? Even if their reports were biased, we could at least start the debate. Right now, as far as the news is concerned, illegal immigration and the SPP are non-issues. If the American People saw illegal immigration, trade agreement issues, and the SPP reported anywhere near as much as the IRAQ war (I'd settle for as often as I have to hear about Paris Hilton and Lindsy Lohan), I believe we would have the massive support needed to either get our Legislators' attention or get rid of them.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

I would like to suggest that we should have a protest rally of some size this coming Spring. Or a day where several protests across the State occur at the same time. We are going to want to have a response of marching or protests when the illegal Aliens take to the street again in their protest. It has been claimed that this is not effective for our side to engage in protests, however as has been said by many here-- it seems you can write e-mails,faxes until your blue in the face and the Congressmen will just ignore them (it is my thought that particular Congressmen,especially Senators are locked in by powerful forces (white house & otherwise) and told to vote pro-illegal Alien and refuse the Americans voice no matter what)-- therefore it is going to to take a show of unrest, discontent and opposition by Americans to make them realize. I would say March, April or May would be good.

Whether we do a protest, at the State Capitol, or City Hall of say Charlotte or at a illegal Alien hiring company or at an illegal Alien supporting Bank can be a decision --- all attempts should be made to get the media to listen --- yes it can be done legitimately and in good taste as standing up for the United States laws, soveriegnty and against the multiple crimes on our communities by the scourge of illegal immigration.
    I will be looking at town or city sites to obtain a permit and will be getting a list to gather our People.

Quote Originally Posted by RonLaws
    I would like to suggest that we should have a protest rally of some size this coming Spring. Or a day where several protests across the State occur at the same time. We are going to want to have a response of marching or protests when the illegal Aliens take to the street again in their protest. It has been claimed that this is not effective for our side to engage in protests, however as has been said by many here-- it seems you can write e-mails,faxes until your blue in the face and the Congressmen will just ignore them (it is my thought that particular Congressmen,especially Senators are locked in by powerful forces (white house & otherwise) and told to vote pro-illegal Alien and refuse the Americans voice no matter what)-- therefore it is going to to take a show of unrest, discontent and opposition by Americans to make them realize. I would say March, April or May would be good.

Whether we do a protest, at the State Capitol, or City Hall of say Charlotte or at a illegal Alien hiring company or at an illegal Alien supporting Bank can be a decision --- all attempts should be made to get the media to listen --- yes it can be done legitimately and in good taste as standing up for the United States laws, soveriegnty and against the multiple crimes on our communities by the scourge of illegal immigration.
    I will be looking at town or city sites to obtain a permit and will be getting a list to gather our People.
    A protest or protests in North Carolina. I'm game!
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -- Mark Twain

The only protest that will mean anything will have to be in Washington andwe would need at least a million peolple. Otherwise, it's just not going to make the politicians do what they are to scared to do.

So, we keep putting pressure at the local levels.
    D.W.

I agree putting pressure on local law makers is essential. So is writing, phoning and faxing congress critters.

However, Americans standing up in public in large numbers may be necessary too. If we cannot get thousands or a million at a specific site, imagine that getting a hundred, a dozen or even a handful of people together on a particular day will do for this country, if planned, and over a dozen show up in several cities throughout the USA on the same date.

It could be done. Then, I've been thinking that even one or a handful of individuals protesting a target as long as media is contacted and cover the event, may be beneficial too. This is more likely to be benefical if a massive coordinated effort is made to get Americans out on a specific date or dates and protest in numerous cities and towns throughout the USA.

Just ideas....
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -- Mark Twain

Protests are great if people show up en mass but if only 40-50 people show up it doesnt make our side look good.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Protests are great if people show up en mass but if only 40-50 people show up it doesnt make our side look good.
    True! But it could depend on where, when and how often a small number of people picket and draw media attention.

I would think a handful or even one individual who was denied Medicaid or another welfare freebie that illegal aliens get so easy, and who was denied, could possibly picket outside a government welfare office and draw attention if the media show up.

Likewise, there are so many other locations to picket/protest that if only done by one individual or better yet more, (I agree a dozen but I also agree many more will be more media-worth such as in the thousands), that if smaller protests are held throughout the USA on a specific date or dates, with media contacted, it will be a major event even if 10,000 USA citizens aren't assembled on ONE date and ONE location.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12