Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our new state mobilization against illegal immigration!

Friends of ALIPAC,

With the Supreme Court victory for our efforts to stop businesses from employing illegal aliens adding wind to our sails, please help us with targeted volunteer calls this week to add to our victory list!

We have won big in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and Indiana and we are close in several other states!

Today, please help us make calls to the state house lawmakers in Pennsylvania and Louisiana.

We need ALIPAC supporters from all 50 states to focus their efforts on these two states today.

Pennsylvania State House Reps
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/leg ... _alpha.cfm

Call and write all state house members to say, "I'm calling to ask Representative ______ to please support and pass SB 637 to require employers to stop hiring illegal aliens. We need employers using the E-Verify system to assure they are no longer hiring illegal aliens."

Louisiana State House Reps
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/bios.htm

Call and write all state house members to say "I'm calling to ask Representative ______ to please support and pass SB 66 to require employers to stop hiring illegal aliens. We need employers using the E-Verify system to assure they are no longer hiring illegal aliens."

Our ALIPAC supporters in these two states need to swing into high gear on the phones today while our activists from other states come to their aid.

We have a strong chance of adding two more states to our victory list and national momentum if you take dedicated action today.

Please make these calls quickly as a new request to help another state is coming Tuesday morning.

Comments, questions, suggestions, feedback, and reports on this effort in Pennsylvania and Louisiana at this link please....
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1232734.html#1232734

Sincerely,

William Gheen and The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us

PS: We are still $1,000 short of reaching our 5k fund raising level to meet our operations budget obligations by tomorrow (Tuesday) night. Please help us continue the fight by making a donation of any amount at this link as soon as possible....
    http://www.alipac.us/content-9.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

added to the homepage and going out nationally now! Please rally our online activists, get on the phones with us, and post your progress and intel reports here!

http://www.alipac.us/article6332.html

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Called capitol office of Pa State Rep Keller @ SB637 requesting he support & pass it. The clerk took my info & said the bill is not in the house yet, but would pass message along.

Quote Originally Posted by artist9
    Called capitol office of Pa State Rep Keller @ SB637 requesting he support & pass it. The clerk took my info & said the bill is not in the house yet, but would pass message along.
    The bill is not yet in the house? I was told this was the bill that the PA Senate just passed. I will have it rechecked. Thanks for letting us know.

W

Just double checked this and this is definitely the bill that was passed by the PA Senate. It may not have been officially scheduled in the House yet, and it will probably get a House number. This is from the PA General Assembly website--

Referred to STATE GOVERNMENT, Feb. 24, 2011
    Reported as amended, April 6, 2011
    First consideration, April 6, 2011
    Re-referred to APPROPRIATIONS, May 4, 2011
    Re-reported as committed, May 9, 2011
    Second consideration, May 11, 2011
    Amended on third consideration, May 23, 2011
    Third consideration and final passage, May 24, 2011 (42-7)

Banned
    I live in texas but have called other states before. Sometimes they listen other times they do not. I would make some calls but I would need to know exactly who the key people to call are. Not living in the state I do not know who the commitee chairs or other key people are.

Regular Session 2011-2012 Senate Bill 637

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/bil ... =B&BN=0637

Penn. Senate Passes E-Verify Bill

Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT

The Pennsylvania Senate has passed legislation requiring state contractors and subcontractors to use the E-Verify system to ensure that all individuals working on state projects are in the country legally. The bill, SB 637, passed 47-7.

Sen. Chuck McIlhinney, a sponsor of the bill, said:

"Requiring employers to verify legal employment status will help level the playing field for honest contractors and their employees. It is unconscionable to allow illegal workers and their employers to benefit from taxpayer-funded building projects while so many hardworking Pennsylvanians are still struggling to find a job."

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... -bill.html

Quote Originally Posted by dsprtt
    I live in texas but have called other states before. Sometimes they listen other times they do not. I would make some calls but I would need to know exactly who the key people to call are. Not living in the state I do not know who the commitee chairs or other key people are.
    Today we do not have the advantage of knowing which key people to call. We only know that calls are needed to the state houses in these two states.

These bills have already cleared the committee process and are now headed for full up or down votes in the house chambers.

Please call as many as you can from any state you are in. That is why our request specifically requests help from other states.

If you cannot call all of the house reps in each state, choose several at random and call as many as your time will allow please.

W