Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Possible Name Change for ALIPAC: Your Vote

Friends of ALIPAC,

We originally chose the name Americans for Legal Immigration to show that we are not anti-immigrant and not anti-immigration, but against ILLEGAL immigration.

That certainly did not protect us one iota from the standard and rampant false accusations of being anti-immigration or anti-immigrant.

We are very proud of the legal immigrants who support ALIPAC and we are honored to give their opposition to illegal immigration a voice in this debate.

Several national polls show that a super majority of Americans want reductions in the current historically high LEGAL immigration levels of approximately 1.6 million people per year.

At 1.6 million per year, America's legal immigration rate is higher than all other nations on earth combined!

We polled our national supporters last year and found that a large majority of you also want reductions in the legal immigration levels for America. This does not mean that you are anti-immigrant and it does not mean that you do not support those who legally immigrate.

Recent news is coming in, despite the fact America has over 25 million unemployed and under employed legal citizens, that our government continues to flood the struggling job market with legal immigrants who are being used to systematically replace American workers.

Please take the following short survey to help ALIPAC decide on a possible name change.

We are considering a change that would allow us to remain 'ALIPAC' but our official title would change to Americans for LESS Immigration and our platform would be changed to indicate that we support reductions in the current hyper legal immigration levels for the United States.

We will not seek this change unless a very strong majority of our current ALIPAC supporters want the change.

Please take a few minutes to complete the this survey to help us decide.

http://survey.constantcontact.com/surve ... salc/start

Sincerely,

William Gheen and The ALIPAC Team
    www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Right now maybe less legal immigration would be good. Ten years from now we might need more legal immigrants. Changing the name would put you out of business if we need more legal immigrants in ten years and possibly create a resumption of almost unrestricted immigration if we are not around to stop it.

I suggest keeping the current name, and after we finally get the immigration laws enforced pick a more flexible name, like Americans for Prosperous Immigration, in other words support legal immigration policies (it's more than just numbers) that improves the lives of all Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with Bowman. Another name suggestion would be Americans for Sustainable (Legal) Immigration.
    "

Bowman is right. The name has to remain flexible. But I think it can be changed, just needs to be something else besides "less." I understand you to say that you want to keep "ALIPAC" so it would have to start with an L.

I should have included a note to everyone explaining that each week we get hostile emails from people that are opposed to illegal immigration that think we support making the illegals legal because of our name.

W

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I should have included a note to everyone explaining that each week we get hostile emails from people that are opposed to illegal immigration that think we support making the illegals legal because of our name.

W
    I had not thought of that W. But of course the line between legal and illegal is constantly blurred....so it makes sense. In light of this new info, I say the name should be changed YESTERDAY. Do it W. If the landscape changes in the future that can be dealt with at that time. Dont cross your bridges before you come to them.

I have taken the survey.

i would keep the name ...

when i first heard about this site i heard about some "racist " named william behind SB 1070 who had a "Racist" website .... but because of my ablity to "read and comprehend " i was able to very quickly see that you are not a racist and this place is not racist , and that the GOAL is to stop illegal immigration which hurts all americans ....

i for one think you should keep the name ... if people are not willing to dig just a teeny tiny bit deep , then you shouldn't lose sleep over them ...

It really isn't going to matter what the name is "Those people that call us ANTI whatever are still going to do it. I will stand behind whatever you choose to do William !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

NEW NAME

A4LINII =Americans for Legal Immigration not Illegal Immigration...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast