Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Bush

I'd be curious to know how many anti-amnesty Republicans received support from President Bush? He made quite a few campaign stops on behalf of Republican Congressman and Senators.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

I was quite depressed by the out come of this election. After much thought I have renewed my resolve. We are being ruled by a tyrannical government that has no reguard for the interest or well being of the people they represent. It is unfortunate we go into elections and must choose the lesser of the evils. WE CAN NOT GIVE UP!!! What ever happened to "By The People For The People"?

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME
    "What will you do without freedom"

Then stop choosing the lesser of two evils and pick one of the third party or independent candidates. If you investigate them, most aren't at all evil because they haven't been corrupted. Face it, many of the the Democrats and the Republicans are bought and paid for by lobbyists who have no interest whatsoever in what is good for America. In turn, the legislators who take money lose interest in the people who put them where they are. They become capricious because they know that people will continue to put them back in office again and again and again, just like they did this time. If enough third party people got in there to upset the apple cart, I believe you would see all the parties work a little harder to do what the people-- the REAL government of this country-- ask them to do instead of what the people who are now lining their pockets pay them to do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JuniusJnr

I have been looking into third parties for about a year. What third party do you think is the most viable? I thought the constitution would do better if they didn't come off as so radical. I am very open to a third party!!!
    "What will you do without freedom"

Scary News

Read this news article from last September, about House leadership positions if the Democrats won in the election.
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... shtml?s=lh

Since the election, is has been decided that Jane Harman will not lead the intelligence committee. She was too "bi-partisan" with House Republicans and the Bush administration. Probably the Chair will be Alcee Hastings, the ex-convict who was impeached after his conviction, but reelected later.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

bmw120556, I couldn't say for sure which third party. I don't vote for parties, I vote for people. I changed my registration to Independent so I wouldn't feel like I was associated with criminals in either of the two major parties.

I agree that the Constitution Party comes across a little rough but I think that is because they don't have Princeton grads writing their web pages like the Dems and Reps do. Plus they aren't trying to cover anything up like the big dogs are.

The only third party candidates we had on our ballot here were Libertarians. Their platform sounds a lot more middle of the road than either of the two major parties but I'd never commit myself to vote a straight ticket in their favor.

Independent candidates can be even better if they can get any following. They don't owe any allegiance to any party, only to the voters who believe in them. If only the voters support their campaigns, then they aren't in any major corporation's pocket.

But I'll tell you this: we can't wait until 2008 to start seeking candidates. Many of the people I would have backed this time had to bail out of the race because they didn't have the financial support they needed to campaign. Most don't have half a dozen rummies standing in line to be their campaign managers so they have to try to handle it all on their own. That is where the people with skills who are willing to volunteer need to get involved. If we could find one good person and everyone gives them ten or twenty bucks a month for the next couple years, they would be able to run with the big dogs. But we have to look now, not wait until 2008. If the major corporations can buy a political office for their candidates, why can't the American people?

For example, if Tom Tancredo said he would run-- on any ticket or as an independent, I'd start pumping every extra dollar I could find his way because I believe he would make an awesome president. I believe Bay Buchanan (not Pat, Bay) would make a great president. (WILLIAM? Are YOU old enough to run for President?) But I don't know of anyone the Democrats or anyone the Republicans talk about running who I would even think about voting for at this point. In fact some, like McCain, I could never vote for.

People are already declaring their candidacy for President in 2008. One guy was on ABC news tonight who I never even heard of and whose name I don't remember-- yet. But I remember his face and you can bet that the entire nation will have heard of him by election day 2008.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: JuniusJnr

Quote Originally Posted by bmw120556
    I have been looking into third parties for about a year. What third party do you think is the most viable? I thought the constitution would do better if they didn't come off as so radical. I am very open to a third party!!!
    The Constituion Party is my choice. I didnt see anything radical about them.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Bush Seems Almost Gleeful

Beneath that appeasing demeanor, was there lurking a little glee. After all his prized pet, amnesty and mass immigration, will now get passed. Isn't it something? Even the diehard Bush fans are taken by with his demeanor. Not a surprise, it's just how open he is about which party he stands with.

It's not just us, he has betrayed all conservatives and people who believe Western civilization and the US are worth keeping. Look at what immigration has done to Europe.

Beneath that appeasing demeanor, was there lurking a little glee.
    I quite agree with this assessment, Buck. And this isn't the only issue where that peculiar look is noted. I truly wonder what goes on inside that dude's head sometimes. It is almost like he is laughing at the very people he was elected to represent and that is really frightening.

I quite frankly do not see anything radical about the Constitution Party either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast