Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The problem with a third party is the very real threat of Hillary taking office but if the alternative is McCain it's not much of a threat. I agree with Junius we should not vote for the lesser of two evils.

If our only choices in 2008 are Hitlary and McSleaze we are truly sunk.

The problem with a third party is the very real threat of Hillary taking office but if the alternative is McCain it's not much of a threat. I agree with Junius we should not vote for the lesser of two evils.
    Hi AndyT!

Although I wouldn't want Hillary for President, I definitely don't want McCain! In fact, if I had only those two to choose from I'd probably not vote at all.

I think that the time has long since passed for people to keep voting for those same two parties. One is in power for awhile and then the other. Does anything ever actually get better or do the candidates and the people who finance them just keep getting richer? I'm sick and tired of it.

I never did vote for a party but always voted for individuals. I mainly stuck with the Republicans because their beliefs (or at least what they claimed to believe) seemed more in keeping with my own. Now all bets are off.

This election and they way Bush and Pelosi got all cozy right off the bat proves to me that they have all been in bed together all along. So what is the use of voting them in again and again?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let the dust settle down before making dire predictions!!

Because of our work ethic before the elections we know that approximately 80% of Americans disapprove of granting anmesty to illegal aliens and who want our borders secure. Knowing how the people feel about this issue, I believe most of the new people who won their elections used immigration as a source that helped win their seat in congress. They have to know that stabbing their constituents in the back would be committing suicide in 2008. Even though it's too early to tell, we may have gained support in the House, and maybe some in the Senate. They too have seen the will of the American people expressed in the polls and elections. After the impeachment of Bill Clinton in the House. When the will of the majority of Americans against impeachment was known. The process was killed in the Senate. Even though Nancy Pelosi may become Speaker of the House, she still has only one vote or a drop in the bucket. I do know that our new Senator from Tennessee, Bob Corker, Has committed himself to fight against any form of Comprehesive Legislation granting anmesty to illegal aliens. My Congressman, Lincoln Davis, has expressed the same views. The pro-anmesty group may not have the support they think they have. So let's wait until our Administrator has more information before becoming disheartned.[/b]

I was listening to Senator Cornyn on the way home from Fort Worth today. He suggested a guest worker program without a path to citizenship. I don't like him and suspect his motives and I think this would have the same result as Bush's plan but it sounds more palatable for mass consumption. I hope people are not misled by this ruse.

Cornyn certainly does have two faces, doesn't he?

Our local news in El Paso brings up the subject of illegals regularly since the after the election. Seems that the state legislators are introducing bills against illegals receiving services, going to school and against anchor babies being instant citizens. I hope they push that all the way through.

If a border state were to do something constructive by way of putting a stop to all this madness, perhaps other entire states would follow through. Of course, there will be hell to pay in Texas if they ever debate such an issue but it needs to be done now while the STATE at least has more legal American citizens than illegal aliens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123