Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I"m confused ?

I had Fox on from 4am this morning and heard a lot of reference to the vote
    including Carl Cameren live , They were about 20 minutes behind on their reporting but I saw a lot of coverage
    Well that's good to know. I watched C-SPAN today. Wish I would have watched FOX.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I"m confused ?

I had Fox on from 4am this morning and heard a lot of reference to the vote
    including Carl Cameren live , They were about 20 minutes behind on their reporting but I saw a lot of coverage
    I watched on and off from 7:30am on up till 1pm. No mention. Just Carl Rove who supports a form of amnesty of course.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been leaving comments on here tonight

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... 1#comments
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Wanna know what the pro-illegal advocates are saying?

Here's a prime example that substantiates the presumed need to remain at the ready.

North Carolina Religious Coalition for Justice for Immigrants
    Thu, December 9, 2010 1:01:45 PM

Dear Friend ,

The DREAM Act is nearing a decisive vote in the US Senate. Please contact your Senators and ask them to support the DREAM Act.

Yesterday this historic legislation passed the House.
    Get the latest news here.

The DREAM Act will provide a future for immigrant students who were brought to this country as children.
    Get background info here.

Contact Info:

Kay Hagan

Washington- (202) 224-6342

Greensboro- (336) 333-5311

http://hagan.senate.gov/contact/

Richard Burr

Washington- (202) 224-3154

Winston-Salem- (336) 631-5125
    http://burr.senate.gov/public/index.cfm ... ontactForm
    Where We Stand - A Note on the Process
    From Reform Immigration for America

Last night, in a historic bipartisan vote, the House of Representatives passed the DREAM Act with a bipartisan majority of 216 to 198.

This morning, the Senate began debate on the DREAM Act. But in an extraordinary move, Senate Majority Leader Reid responded to requests from DREAM activists and other immigration reform leaders to pass a motion to delay the vote in order to allow the DREAM Act to return to the Senate floor at a later date before the Senate adjourns for the year.

The Senate leadership's decision to defeat cloture this morning gives the Senate a short window of time to resolve other pressing issues that are currently being used by Republican Senators to obstruct an up or down vote on the bill.

The remarkable maneuvers taken in both the House and Senate reflect a breakthrough for the immigrant rights movement. The fight continues and prospects for the DREAM Act are more promising than ever.

For now, the challenge ahead of us remains clear:
    · Create as much pressure on the Senate to pass the DREAM Act
    · Focus our collective energies on our remaining Senate targets
    · Thank courageous House members who voted yes on the DREAM Act

Thank you for all that you're doing. Let's keep it up!
    Forward to a Friend

Please forward widely. Thanks!
    -Chris Liu-Beers, NC Religious Coalition for Justice for Immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    W, I'm confused. I'm not getting the DREAM Act text at thomas.gov when I type in HR 5281...
    This is accurate. I know it's confusing. Also, the text may not be up on thomas yet, since this was done under House "martial law" rules. The Dream Act was a Senate amendment attached to a House bill. Someone more familiar with House procedures than me will have to explain how this happened.

Info on martial law
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1151601.html#1151601
    Thanks Dixie. I just wanted to print the dang thing out and compare it to the other Senate one to see what the difference is, if any. I'm ready to pull out my hair!
    Copy of HR 5281 Dream Act
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1151957.html#1151957
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Bernie Sanders continues long enough with his filibuster, the Senate will never get to take up the Dream Act before the next congress.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Watson
    If Bernie Sanders continues long enough with his filibuster, the Senate will never get to take up the Dream Act before the next congress.
    pray for his voice to hold out....

Also call McConnell tell him if this amnesty passes he won't have to worry about the Republicans in 2012...think Tea Party candidate

You got that right! Whether you agree with his politics or not, Sanders was quite amazing on Friday. I wish more Senators cared as much as he does.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12