Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Release: ALIPAC Calls for US Senate Challenger Campaigns on

ALIPAC Calls for US Senate Challenger Campaigns Against Senators Supporting Amnesty Bill S. 1348

May 23, 2007

CONTACT: William Gheen of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC), WilliamG@alipac.us, (866)329-3999

With DC staff reporting an unprecedented amount of calls, e-mails, and faxes, of which the vast majority are opposed to Amnesty Bill S. 1348, it is clear that many US Senators are not listening to their constituents.

Since the approaching 2008 elections and the early campaigns for President are closing the window on Amnesty legislation, ALIPAC is launching a national effort to recruit Tier 1 qualified candidates to run for US Senate against each supporter of S. 1348 facing reelection.

"We know that the vast majority of American voters are against many provisions in S. 1348 that offer appeasement and benefits for illegal aliens," says William Gheen of ALIPAC. "We are looking for candidates in the same or opposing parties that will step up next week to announce their run and point out that these Senators are wrong on their immigration stances."

Most of the Presidential candidates in the US Senate abstained from Monday's Cloture vote in support of Amnesty Bill S. 1348 because they know a YES vote for this bill would destroy their chances of winning just as Senator John McCain is learning the hard way. McCain is one of the founding fathers of this Amnesty legislation, yet he abstained from voting Monday because his Presidential campaign is completely floundering due to his choice of Kennedy as a political bedfellow on immigration. Presidential candidates Senators Clinton, McCain, Obama, Dodd, and Biden all abstained from voting which illustrates that the majority of Americans oppose this bill.

"John McCain will never be President after being in political bed with Kennedy on Immigration issues," says Gheen. "Antibiotics can't cure what McCain caught from Kennedy and the infection is spreading rapidly in DC!"

Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) are considered exceptionally vulnerable in 2008 after being booed on stage by their own GOP Conventions last week when they spoke of their support for Amnesty Bill S. 1348. Qualified candidates announcing their runs against these two because of their pro illegal alien stances would receive immediate and massive local and national support!

Other incumbents ALIPAC is searching for immediate challengers for are Senators Alexander (R-TN), Cochran (R-MS), Coleman (R-MN), Collins (R-ME), Craig (R-ID), Domenici (R-NM), Durbin (D-IL), Hagel (R-NE), Harkin (D-IA), Landrieu (D-LA), Lautenberg (D-NJ), Levin (D-MI), McConnell (R-KY), Pryor (D-AR), Reed (D-RI), Rockefeller (D-WV), Smith (R-OR), Stevens (R-AK), Warner (R-VA)! Each of these incumbents are up for reelection in 2008 and each of these Senators voted in support of Amnesty by voting yes on Cloture for S. 1348!

"These incumbents can be removed from office with less money because they are supporting legislation that their likely voters would oppose by factors greater than 2 to 1", says Gheen. "These Senators are willing to sellout the American public on behalf of the US Chamber of Commerce and illegal alien supporting organizations. Once these incumbents look at their internal campaign polls on this issue, they will realize they are going down like McCain. It is time for them to go!"

ALIPAC's National Director, William Gheen, is a veteran campaign consultant working for over 40 campaigns since 1992.

Americans for Legal Immigration is one of the largest national organizations fighting against Amnesty and illegal immigration, while supporting the enforcement of our existing laws and those that legally immigrate. For more information, please visit www.alipac.us

###

Paid for By
    AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NOT FOR RELEASE!

All ALIPAC Activists. This is a draft copy under review. Do not forward, copy, or release until you see it go up on the homepage

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William, I went over it carefully and slowly. I think it's one of the best you've ever writtten. There is one little thing I'm looking at...right back

The part where you say, "campaigns of experience" such as in "years of experience".

I have been involved in running

or

I have directed forty campaigns....

Somthing on those lines I like better.

Where you say, "forty campaigns of experience" .....it struck me as a little cutesy or salesy. I mean it is catchy......but you have to "re-read it". I think straight-forward wording there would be better.

That's my opinion. See how others feel about it.

OTHER THAN THAT......A WINNER !!

(sorry if I hurt your feelings about that one part) [/quote]

How about this?

ALIPAC's National Director, William Gheen, is a veteran campaign consultant with over 40 campaigns since 1992.
    or

ALIPAC's National Director, William Gheen, is a veteran consultant with over 40 campaigns since 1992.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

How about

ALIPAC's National Director, William Gheen, is a veteran campaign consultant working for over 40 campaigns since 1992.

I like either your last suggestion, W OR JP's second suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    How about

Ok, Ill take that one. I am moving that paragraph below your last quote.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Looks Good to go.

Just give me the GO code when you are satisfied with it and I am ready to hit fire on this end.

Message to the homepage team in RT.

W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast