Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Count me in!!!!

I will be working the emails at night and the phones and fax all day...

Can someone please tell me what a cloture vote is?
    Do we have time after that??

cloture - The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Count me in!!!!

I will be working the emails at night and the phones and fax all day...

Can someone please tell me what a cloture vote is?
    Do we have time after that??
    The cloture vote is a vote to end debate and move towards and actual vote on the bill.

I would describe it as a vote to proceed to vote.

By voting NO on cloture, a lawmaker is saying he does not even want to vote officially on this bill at this time.

If the OBLs fail to get 61 yea votes lined up on a cloture vote, the bill remains dead in the water and does not proceed.

If they get their 61 yea votes for cloture, we are in deeper hot water and the bill will be scheduled for a formal debate, amendments, and a vote for passage or rejection of the bill.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Keep calling and tell them no cloture!
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Update!!!

Called the 800 capital number...the operator told me that both Feinstein and Boxers numbers have been busy for the last hour!!

I have never heard that before!

The illegal aliens and their supporters are calling too!

Keep that in mind folks! We are not alone in our efforts, but neither is the opposition.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called my senators and senator Graham. Basically told them they are racist traitors. I told Graham's aid his speech at LaRaza was the same as if he talked to the KKK and said he supports discrimination against black Americans.

I have sent emails and agreed to them and the media using my letter to make sure there is not guest worker or amnesty program. It details what a slap in the face it is to legal immigrants. I hope they do use it as it really proves a point about rewarding criminals. I know Mel Martinez won't side with me as the pro illegal groups are on his case big time. This has been all over the media here. But I won't give up as I am like an English Bull Dog who will bite and not let go.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Update!!!

Called the 800 capital number...the operator told me that both Feinstein and Boxers numbers have been busy for the last hour!!

I have never heard that before!
    Same here. I had a hard time getting through but I was able to.

I am have sent numerous emails to both senators.
    I am calling again today, tomorrow and friday

keep it up!

This list should help you quite a bit:

HOUSE & SENATE- Call/Fax/Email info

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=35732

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12