Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Lou Dobbs

I think Lou, knows he will never be able to push the illegals out. So he wants to compromise and close the border first. That's a start. I will take a wait and see attitude and keep a close watch on what else he has to say.

Welcome to ALIPAC StevenP! We may have to keep looking for candidate to support for President. Like I've posted elsewhere, we are in our Period of Ironies and Opposites, so we will have to dig deep, far and wide to get to the bottom of what these candidates really believe so we'll know what they'll really do if elected to public office. I'm still so disappointed in Lou and would like to see a contact between William and Lou on camera so we can fully understand what is going on.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Seems like Dobbs is trying not to alienate Hispanics by tip toeing around
    the illegal immigrant issue. Illegal is illegal. Doing something illegal makes you a criminal. It seem like it happens to most who start making a political run. They start compromising their opinions and values.

Lou Dobbs was against alien amnesty before he was for it ???

The LA times even picked up Lou Dobbs flip flopping and his entry into politics.

Top of the Ticket
    POLITICS AND COMMENTARY, COAST TO COAST, FROM THE LOS ANGELES TIMES
    « Previous Post | Top of the Ticket Home

Lou Dobbs was against alien amnesty before he was for it
    November 25, 2009 | 4:46 am
    In the surest sign yet that the newly-former CNN talker seriously plans to enter politics, Lou Dobbs has already flip-flopped on the question of amnesty for people illegally living in this country.

Having created much of his fame and infamy out of controversial statements on the unacceptable presence of an estimated 12 million undocumented workers in this country and the federal government's ineptitude in addressing the problem, here's what Dobbs now says:

We need the ability to legalize illegal immigrants under certain conditions.

His surprising switcheroo barely two weeks after departing his network of nearly 30 years came during an interview with the Spanish-language network Telemundo, first reported by the Wall Street Journal. Dobbs, a Texas native and graduate of Harvard, currently lives on a 300-acre farm in northwest New Jersey, where he could run for a U.S. Senate seat.

Or possibly launch a presidential bid for 2012, trying to tap into the kinds of conservative populist anger that has confounded the Republican party and fueled so-called "tea parties" across the country this year, protesting taxes, spending and deficits.

"Whatever you have thought of me in the past," Dobbs told Telemundo's Maria Celeste the other day, "I can tell you right now that I am one of your greatest friends and I mean for us to work together. I hope that will begin with Maria and me and Telemundo and other media organizations and others in this national debate that we should turn into a solution rather than a continuing debate and factional contest."

The Garden state usually votes firmly Democratic. But earlier this month voters there rejected the reelection bid of incumbent Democrat Gov. Jon Corzine, who had ample money and the frequent campaign support of President Obama and elected a Republican on a "taxes are too high" platform.

The next U.S. Senate election in New Jersey comes in 2012 when incumbent Democrat Robert Menendez faces his first reelection race.

-- Andrew Malcolm

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... ation.html
    America <div>Home of the free</div><div>Home of the brave</div><div>Home of 20 million illegal*alien villagers*and counting!*</div>

HotDamn! Dobbs for Pres & Palin for Running Mate - INDEP

Ha !!
    He should have asked her when the last time she had her MMR vaccine!

Lou Dobbs

I did not even have to watch the whole video to see it was heading south. No pund intended.
    Since when does the United States have to explain itself to Mexico, or any other country.
    I am waiting for someone who has the guts to speak the truth!
    If you want to come to the United States, come in the correct door, and start to take up your burden, and carry your own weight, and not expect the hardworking legal American to pay your way. This among other things.
    When we have a person who can speak the truth, then they will get my vote.

Lou Dobbs on Telemundo

As most folks have stated, it looks like Lou is toning down his position and rhetoric. Possibly in recognition that he needs to secure the support of legal immigrants. The left is attempting to demonize Lou not only with the illegal aliens but also with legal immigrants. So most likely Lou is in a defensive mode to minimize the damage the far left is causing.

This does not necessarily translate to backpedaling on his beliefs or positions. It is merely recognition of reality, that is, the media works for the far left and he has to manage damage control.

Finally, to the critics of his interview, don't rush to judgement. Public life is much more complicated than you might think. Trust your instincts... you know a good man when you see and hear one.

lou dobbs interview

Unfortunately I'm currently unable to view much of the interview, being on a dial up connection. Even if I could, I have an exceptionally difficult time hearing him past the Spanish translator on the YouTube video.

I can only go by the posted comments here, much of what are not very flattering to Lou. I watched him for years on CNN. Due to CNN's liberal slant, it became the only time I did watch the network. Now that's gone.

In the months before he left his show, I seemed to notice a change in his broadcasts. I've felt somewhat betrayed that he had taken a more liberal stance on a number of issues including the Afghan War and, if true, now on illegal immigration.

When will people realize the war against illegal immigration is just that, A WAR. There is no reason on earth to alter any of our immigration laws with the possible exception of increasing penalties for Illegal Aliens and employers who hire them. There is no reason to grant an amnesty for those who thumb their nose at our laws, misuse our welfare systems and take advantage of our benevolent attitude toward LEGAL immigrants.

When will we get RESPONSIBLE Representatives in Congress and an administration in DC that will effectively deal with the criminals that enter our country on a daily basis?

I urge each and everyone that reads this post to get involved in a local TEA party organization to remove deceptive politicians from Congress in 2010.

Do your Patriotic Duty to fight the war against Illegal Immigration !!

Lou Dobbs

I would not vote for Lou after I have seen this video. I also would have to know what his stand is on Abortion, 2nd Amendment and Gay Marriage. I have to know what a person believes in more than Amnesty. Right now he's hedging and that doesn't look good.

I watched his eye movements, hands, mouth, and even his smile which - to me - is his signature. I don't recall Lou shifting his eyes as much on any of his shows as he did during this interview. My reason for mentioning this is because I couldn't help but wonder whether or not this was truly Lou Dobbs or an individual imitating him.

If it was Lou, then I'm surprised that he seems to have backed down from his previous stance against the problem of illegal immigration. I'm equally surprised that he agreed to appear on Telemundo; however, I feel he should be given the opportunity to explain his actions before we render final judgment.