Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot
    Don't any of you get it? Lou Dobbs still thinks the same way he always has. He has to get elected before he can actually fight. When he said that illegals would have to meet certain conditions before receiving citizenship, that did not mean he is for amnesty. Look what happened to Tom Tancredo when he stayed with his bold stance against illegals and amnesty, he was shot down and did not receive any media time. Some people don't even know who he is. Lou has to play this smart to get his foot in the door. Don't lose faith and please, please calm your anger and breathe. Lou is for America and will not grant any amnesties. BUT, he has to play this smart or he (and we) don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. He understands that he has to sway the Latino vote in his favor. Read between, between the lines. Lou is not stupid. It is the same concept of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. DON'T GIVE UP, HE HASN'T.
    Welcome to ALIPAC Whitehot! We are still here, we won't abandon Lou if everything is as it should be. We've all adored him for years. We're just disappointed and are venting. If there's more to the story, we'll all be all ears.

Thank you Judy, I have actually been receiving newsletters for quite sometime, but have never felt such urgency to post as I am so busy fighting the fight locally. I will try to amend that however. In the meantime, ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING
    An American For Sovereignty,
    Whitehot

Lou Dobbs

Just watched the video. I'm very disappointed and cannot support him for political office. Sheriff Joe, on the other hand, I could.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehot
    Don't any of you get it? Lou Dobbs still thinks the same way he always has. He has to get elected before he can actually fight. When he said that illegals would have to meet certain conditions before receiving citizenship, that did not mean he is for amnesty. Look what happened to Tom Tancredo when he stayed with his bold stance against illegals and amnesty, he was shot down and did not receive any media time. Some people don't even know who he is. Lou has to play this smart to get his foot in the door. Don't lose faith and please, please calm your anger and breathe. Lou is for America and will not grant any amnesties. BUT, he has to play this smart or he (and we) don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. He understands that he has to sway the Latino vote in his favor. Read between, between the lines. Lou is not stupid. It is the same concept of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. DON'T GIVE UP, HE HASN'T.
    AMNESTY=FORGIVENESS. Anytime any illegal is given legal status, they have received AMNESTY. Their illegal status is forgiven. So when Lou says there should be a way that illegals can receive citizenship under certain conditions....then he is advocating amnesty. Because for an illegal entrant to receive legal status, they first have to be forgiven for their illegal entry.
    I think the operative words here are "under certain conditions". There is no way that you can assume that he means amnesty. I took it to mean that they have to leave the country, go back to the end of the line and so on and so forth. THAT is the way an illegal can obtain citizenship. It is all in the interpretation. I, for one am not ready to bail. It is called strategy. We have to be battle smart to win the war.
    Whitehot

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    Quote Originally Posted by redoaklady
    I have read MOST of the pages of the comments in this thread (I believe we are on page 14 or 15) and find it disturbing that so many of us are ready to so quickly jump ship - to make firm resolutions and statements of fact about things others of us aren't so sure of. Have we spoken with Lou? Have we given him the benefit of the doubt until we know exactly what he meant by what he said - or wasn't allowed to say or to clarify? (Please remember that every time he opened his mouth to speak Senora Maria's voice came out louder and longer, harder and faster.) About all he could do most of the time was shake his head and smile at her rudeness while taking any chance he could to jump in when she took a breath.

William, I think you have some currency with Lou - have you tried to contact him or his 'people' in order to get an interview (preferably taped for us all to see), or even a clarification of that idiotic non-interview we all just viewed?

I have watched Lou for years and have found him to be very credible, honest, patriotic and above all, a gentleman. Personally, I would LOVE to see him in the oval office vetoing all the pork in the bills that came across his desk unless he definitely proves to me he is unworthy to be there. I think that he couldn't have totally changed his 'spots' overnight - there must be something else in that interview he would have said if he had been given the chance. I, for one, will not rescind my pledge to him at this point - of my vote or my necessarily modest contribution. I think he needs to be given a chance to clarify before he is crucified.

Might it be, under any circumstance, a better idea to offer a separate "go to" 'Vote For Lou Dobbs' website for our members to use if they choose to, rather than have one more officially tied to the ALIPAC website? It might be better to remain on the path we began on rather than endorsing one candidate or another (while we are all free to offer our opinions - as is proper in Our America). I went to that pledge site and did pledge - but maybe ALIPAC would be better off 'remaining above the fray', as it were.

A lot of us seem to be castigating Lou because he is now a (dirty word) 'politician'. Isn't that what a lot of us wanted him to be? We can't have it both ways.

William? What say you?

Psalm 127:1
    I got an e mail from this site to come and express my opinion. When I read the "shocked" statement I thought it was because of the slam and slanderous way Lou was handled. I am shocked at the rooms consensus that Lou buckled and supports amnesty. Lou does not support amnesty and he never said same. I came to this room to support Lou...not disparage him. I will not let 30 years go in vain because of a cheap shot artist on Telomanudo...

I am truly shocked by the room labeling me now because I still stand by and support Lou. Anyone now bad mouthing Lou or me should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Why should we be ashamed? Lou has changed his position. He is in favor of finding a way to give illegal entrants citizenship under certain conditions. That is amnesty. Go ahead and stand by Lou if you want. But dont get pouty if we dont agree. And no one is bad mouthing Lou. We just recognize that he has changed his position. So, in the absence of clarification from Lou, we have also changed our position.

Show me a post where anyone is EVEN TALKING ABOUT YOU, LET ALONE BAD MOUTHING YOU. ....LOL.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TTz
    Maria Celeste was obviously more concerned with bashing Lou. After pressing Dobbs for a solution, she didn't have the integrity to offer one of her own.
    So, all these haters are calling Lou Dobbs a racist and he's married to a Mexican?

Quote Originally Posted by TTz
    Maria Celeste was obviously more concerned with bashing Lou. After pressing Dobbs for a solution, she didn't have the integrity to offer one of her own.
    So, all these haters are calling Lou Dobbs a racist and he's married to a Mexican?
    From one new recruit to the other, Hello! and I agree, they fight dirty. Real dirty. But those who know battlefield strategy realize that in order to win the war, sometimes you have to get close to the enemy. And I don't mean to say that Hispanics are the enemy. Open borders and illegal invasion is our enemy.
    Whitehot

I'm staying "neutral" for now. At least until I hear an explaination from Lou, explaining some of the questionable things he's reiterated in this interveiw.
    ------------------------

I haven't heard anyone mention "Roy Beck" of(NumbersUSA) for office.
    He is against Shamnesty.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    I'm gettin' ready to watch this for the 3rd time.
    Lou hasn't actually contradicted what he has said before, he just seems afraid to come out and reiterate his exact words.
    I'm giving Lou the benifit of the doubt when it comes to him turn for Amnesty.
    Once I hear him clearly state that that some how he's turning to the side of the illegals, that's when he''ll loose all of my credit.
    The miss quotes in this room of the vid are totally slanderous!!! Running down Lou is only strengthening the illegals position. How this room can say that Lou is now supporting amnesty is beyond words or comprehension. All he kept saying was he wanted a dialog about what to do. What does everyone expect him to say... "I am here to figure out a way to run out or jail every illegal in my country..." What would you have the man say? He has stated over and over again...he does not support illegal immigration!!! He wants to talk about legal immigration. He said nothing can be done until the borders are controlled and the illegal traffic stopped. How can he be any more succinct? What could he have said that would make the room feel better? Ya the interview was horrible but he never once used the word amnesty. This anti Lou rhetoric borders on hysterical miss quotes, what must of been in his mind assumptions and miss guided assertions not in fact...or in the vid. Everyone needs to get a grip and go view the vid again...

Lou Dobbs interview on telemundo

I will vote for Lou if he runs for President. I support Attrition through Enforcment. I oppose amnesty and legalization of illegal aliens. Employers should have to serve a mandatory sentence in jail or prison for hiring illegal aliens.