Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dobbs Telemundo

I watched Dobbs almost every night for over 20yrs. and had hundreds of my commentaries on his show. I can't watch it again right now because I feel as though I got betrayed for a handful of votes...if that!!! He will lose many, many more votes than he will ever gain believe me.
    There is no question he did it for the Latino vote but it will backfire on him. I can't believe he couldn't figure that out and if he's not at least that smart, I wouldn't vote for him anyway. Telemundo, La Raza, and all of the liberals will beat that interview for all its worth and then kick him to the curve. It never ceases to amaze me; one stiff injection of politics and instant split personality.
    My words for Lou are harsh but I feel betrayed by his pandering for votes. None the less, even though I don't believe there is any satisfactory explanation he can give, I will wait briefly for an explanation. The problem is it has to be better than good.
    It broke my heart to see the man pandering for votes and doing a 180 degree turn around on what I trusted him on the most...illegal immigration.
    I wrote several powerful blogs supporting Dobbs for office and then I heard of this. It devastated me.

Quote Originally Posted by redoaklady
    I realize that this is sort of 'off the thread' a little bit but I just received this post from Roy Beck, President of NumbersUSA. It is a 4 - something minute video that has a simple but definite visual impact on the explanation of our 'legal' and 'illegal' immigration numbers each year. It breaks down in very smple terms what is happening to our nation each year 'immigration-wise'. I thought I would pass it on for those of you who care to see just who's coming into our country each year. I hope the site will pull up as I'm never totally sure computerwise just what I'm doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9dhqo0 ... r_embedded

Psalms 147:1
    Wonderful...thanks. At the very bottom of the page here in this string...there are links...would like to see this one added. The current thinking is 12,000,000. That is a drop in the tin can...

Re: Dobbs Telemundo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddost
    I watched Dobbs almost every night for over 20yrs. and had hundreds of my commentaries on his show. I can't watch it again right now because I feel as though I got betrayed for a handful of votes...if that!!! He will lose many, many more votes than he will ever gain believe me.
    There is no question he did it for the Latino vote but it will backfire on him. I can't believe he couldn't figure that out and if he's not at least that smart, I wouldn't vote for him anyway. Telemundo, La Raza, and all of the liberals will beat that interview for all its worth and then kick him to the curve. It never ceases to amaze me; one stiff injection of politics and instant split personality.
    My words for Lou are harsh but I feel betrayed by his pandering for votes. None the less, even though I don't believe there is any satisfactory explanation he can give, I will wait briefly for an explanation. The problem is it has to be better than good.
    It broke my heart to see the man pandering for votes and doing a 180 degree turn around on what I trusted him on the most...illegal immigration.
    I wrote several powerful blogs supporting Dobbs for office and then I heard of this. It devastated me.
    My heart felt feeling is that votes was not a part of his agenda. But that is just me. Let's wait for his explination.

Lou Dobbs

He sounded like he was doing a LOT of crawfishing in the interview and we have had enough of that out of ALL the Senators, Congressmen AND the President. I would need to ask him some serious questions before I voted for him and I have listened to him for a very long time on CNN.

April

Re: Dobbs Telemundo

Dobbs' spokesman Bob Dilenschneider told the Wall Street Journal the former broadcaster draws a distinction between illegal aliens who have committed crimes since arriving in the U.S. and those who are "living upright, positive and constructive lives" who should be "integrated" into society. He said Dobbs recognizes the political importance of Hispanics and is "smoothing the water and clearing the air."
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-179745.html

I think you're all retarded. I saw this video and I can not see what everyone is talking about. I think you're all splitting hairs over crap. If he really is going to run for president, he's not just going to represent this sites interest only! He would never get elected president solely on this issue So, he is going to have to compromise some, and we all know Lou Dobbs very well. All he is doing is what he has to do if he really is going to run for president. But, in any case this video does not show Lou as saying anything reversing his position on illegal immigration. Legalizing immigrants on certain conditions is all that he has said. That could mean anything. Lou Dobbs has put himself and his beliefs out in front of the public for a long time. You're all paranoid, and overly critical of this video. I don't see how he could ever win the presidency, given such a pestistimistic attitude from what appears to be a very fragile support group.
    Ye all, of so little faith!

Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by sk1951
    Quote Originally Posted by neilsthepoet
    Quote Originally Posted by djufo
    First of all, this interview shows one more time, how dangerous these spanish speaking channels and radios are. It is unbelievable that most of these people are citizens, yet they stand with absolute "enemy" hostile principles against the USA and its people.

And before I explain my opinion about Lou, and before yall say "how this guy can think that way", I am an immigrant. I came from South America, legally by the way, for one reason: unconditional love for this country and its people. I never had economic problems, never had to run from tirany or communism, never was prosecuted. I just was raised with different principles and values that made me disagree with the third world mentality. Being in the USA several times as tourist before with my family, I always admired the organization of this nation; the idiosyncrasy of the people; the responsibility; courage, patriotism. Those were all the characteristics that I had in my ancestry but couldn't find within a mediocre country like the South American countries.

Long story short, came here, and after a few months, I was SHOCKED by the immigration disaster. At first, a big dissapointment. My initial reaction was "where is the country of laws that I fell in love with"; "Where is the American people to make noise about this"; "Why Americans do nothing to protect and preserve their own country". After a while, assimilating as an American, I learned about all the burocrasy and law manipulations from federal agencies, governments, politicians, etc......still, with anger, i usually express "How is this possible!!!!!!"; "how people allow this country to be changed and destroyed!!!!"; "How is it possible that these latinos organize themselves in big protests and rallies and Americans don't????" What is the fu***n reason for that!!!!! until when we have to accept these people invading the country and milking the system!! who's behind that???

Now about Lou, I didn't like of course that "humane" immigration reform and legalize illegal aliens. Like my dad said, not even being an American, I would round them up and toss them to the other side of the border. But in a way, if Lou is really thinking running into politics, if he stand strong against this people and the majority of latinos become his enemies: How are we gonna elect Lou with 30 million less votes? I mean, if we could at least convince Americans, but so many of them as we speak, are watchin the game and drinking beer, that will never listen to us; when it comes the day to vote, they will go with the one who promiss hope and change.

So in a way, I want to think that Lou used some sort of strategy in front of these people just to put the fire down. Still, hate to listen to him sounding like a politician.

It would be a good idea for now to put down the electlou site, and at the same time, it would be good for us to confront lou as a group, community and make him explain his words or strategy if any.

The interview at the beginning, said at the bottom of the screen "Lou Dobbs responds when questioned about his attacks against latino immigrants to the USA" which is BS, because he spoke against illegal aliens, not latino immigrants. Any latino immigrant that support, help or is involved with illegal aliens, is part of the crime and must be prosecuted.

That stupid ignorant lady does not speak for me, she is a cancer in this society, and like me, are many other "traitors". If by any chance there is something that yall would like to translate from Spanish to English, please let me know. Me, more than any American, have to deal with the pain of listening the Spanish comments and horrible insults against this land, this flag and its people. It is a very annoying position, a very sad "punishment" that I have to live with in my daily life, and certainly, cannot understand how a situation like this was ever allowed to happen and to continue consuming the former most powerful country ever created by humans.

Unconditionally American,

djufo.

Helleva First Post!!!

I was looking for the applause emoto
    but I guess

Hip Hip Hooray will have to do

Neils
    9:14 am
    11/29/2009
    Has anyone here thought that Lou may have simply wanted to bring to American main stream the extent to which the illegal social structure has egressed and solidified? That the hostile nature of the immigrant was his talking point? That the interviewer slid right into the trap that Lou set for her? That everyone is/should be shocked at hearing that Lou "Is the number one enemy of the Latino people..." this coming from the mouth of a supposed Latino American speaking from an American NBC broadcasting network? That the illegal movement has gained such power and force that the "legalization" of law breakers is now a real and viable talking point? That the only "rational" player in this calamity/insanity is the illegal alien? Ya...I'm mad as hell too...but that is not going to help the situation. Shocked...you bet I am...but not at Lou.

I am not the least bit shocked at Lou. I am shocked at the response, not just here but all over the country hammering on Lou's supposed inability to handle that horrible hostile interview.

If you are one of the many that missed the point I feel Lou was making I am sorry for you. We...as a country supporting our laws...supposedly united in the cause...need to reevaluate what was coming from the speaker who "Represents all the Latino people..."

To me...This is not really about Lou. It is about the horrible hostile attitudes of the Latinos disregard for American people, culture, health and wealth and above all the Constitutional law regarding our immigration laws.

These law breakers have us all at each others throats over (irrelevant) PC issues. They have the power to put Lou Dobbs into an apologetic posture. This is not about Lou...it is about helping and supporting him. We need to band together and unify in strength...not weakness...against this common enemy.

The enemy is not the people...it is not about Lou...it is the attitude that the illegal immigrant has towards us and the thinking of liberal bleeding heart Americans(?). That they feel above us and immigration law because we are not legally reacting as we should in support of our laws. Sheriff Joe is getting his ass kicked too!

This is a problem that we all...as a Nation...contributed too, either by politically supporting illegal trespass, illegal jobs or not doing enough to help stop it. Complicity of us all the study point. Lou did not create this situation. He simply brought a huge amount of light to it rather quickly.

100's of years have created this problem. One 20 min. subversive attack of Lou on Telemundo will not fix it.

If the threats have turned Lou around. That the illegal movement has gotten so big powerful and dangerous that even Lou has to buckle and consider bowing to it...then we as a Nation must share the burden...and not simply dump it on the shoulders of one man...walking away like we accomplished something.
    Exactly! To me, after thinking about it for awhile and watching it a few more times, the expose was actually on the interviewer, not Lou. She was the one attacking him for things that were said and corrected years ago, she was the one claiming illegal aliens are all Latino, that illegal alien = Hispanic/Latino, legal or illegal, that a dialogue about a future political candidate should be focused on people who aren't even supposed to be here in the first place, who didn't mention anything at all about other Americans, she stated that she speaks only for Latinos instead of Americans, and she said nothing at all on behalf of American Hispanics and Latinos who truly are on the front-lines bearing the brunt of loss jobs, houses filled to the brim with illegal relatives mooching off them, risking their lives and so much more. There is a lot that can be done with that interview when viewed in a proper perspective to totally discredit Telemundo as a viable news sources.

Lou is a very smart and very nice person. He may also be a bit "wily", which is a good thing! How many times did he say I'm here to discuss the issue but if you just want to talk about the past, then "okay, it's your show, you're the interviewer". How many times did he tell her that you've wasted 7 minutes, then 20 minutes, of the short time he had to discuss this broad-based issue? At least 4, maybe 5 times, he pointed that out.
    I can only hope that Telemanudo stepped on itself and the illegal issues. My fervent hope is that eyes begin to open and see what is really going on. We need to look way past Lou to locate the real problems of why this country is pushing for legislation to subjugate immigration law and ignore the Constitution. I think allowing more pro-illegal activists air and debate time will help our cause not hurt it. Just like the march the Latinos did a few years ago to prove their numbers and how important they are...that was the starting point of American main stream wake up. It even shook up my old judao moral majority mom and dad!
    Exactly! And that IS a very valid hope, sk1951.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by cynthiatweedle
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by cynthiatweedle
    Judy, I agree with what your saying about "protected managed trade" I think, but I need to talk to one of my old buddy economic experts if I can now find one to splain things to me. This is not an area of expertise with me. Cynthia
    Sure! The way they're working Free Trade Spin, it's very hard for a lot of people to understand how best to fix the problem and if we're not careful, well-intentioned plans will back-fire.

Here's my plan that I believe solves most of our problems in short order.

1. stop illegal immigration - this stops the job loss for Americans, the deflation of American Wages, unsustainability that forces unemployed and underemployeds onto welfare in whole or in part, which increases government spending on entitlements.

2. pass the FairTax - this gets corporations and businesses out of control of our government, because they no longer pay corporate income-based taxes, they no longer need tax lobbyists in DC, they no longer are looking to the government to increase their bottom-lines through tax schemes, they save hundreds of billions in federal taxes and compliance costs, they now look to consumers for their future earnings, they now focus on their businesses, those who have moved away to avoid tax burdens can and will move their operations back here where they belong

3. protect our trade - this manages imports against exports with every country, but we have to have agreements with both of these countries to achieve that and still have good relations and fair tariffs so they can sell to us and we can sell to them, this protects our industries against unfair third world low wage low operating costs that our US based companies can't compete with and tells our companies or foreign producers, if you want to see it here, then you're going to have to make it here and hire American Workers. Sure, we'll trade and we'll buy some stuff from you and you'll buy some stuff from us but it will be managed protected trade so you don't end up with all our jobs and money supply and bankrupt our nation.

4. legalize/regulate/tax under 2 the illegal drug trade, use part of the FairTaxes to better educate the public on the risk and consequences and provide free rehabitation on demand without stigma for anyone who wants it paid for completely by people who purchased the drugs and paid the FairTaxes on those transactions, this ends the War on Drugs, releases 800,000 people presently in prison on non-violent drug charges, gets them their liberty back, gets them back home to their families, gets them back into the work force, and frees up our LEO to do what we really want them to do which is arrest and deport 20 million or more illegal aliens. We save $70 billion a year on drug enforcement, we make almost $70 billion a year in FairTaxes, that's a $140 billion a year net gain in revenue while at the same time living up to our oath to secure the blessings of liberty for the people of the United States. Until such time as someone hurts another person or damages or steals someone else's property or livelihood, there should be no "crime" that results in a loss of liberty. Ending the War on Drugs with a good civil regulation plan relying upon a civil code instead of a criminal code that requires all aspects of recreational drug production, distribution and sales is handled by US citizens, will also stop the flow of drugs and illegal aliens crossing our borders, will let neighborhoods return to safety free of drug gangs, and all the nastiness of an underworld black market controlled by foreign drug cartel thugs disappears in the United States. Will there still be a drug problem? Sure. But it will be a civil problem dealt with by professionals in drug rehabilitation centers and increased public awareness and better education to reduce impact of drug use on the lives of our citizens. We already know we can't stop it, 100 years of a War on Drugs has proved that the will of the people is stronger than the will of the law in this area, so we need to manage it through good regulations instead of fight it with guns, tasers, arrests, violence and incarcerations.

5. drill baby drill - lift the bans on oil and gas drilling and end our dependence on foreign oil while we continue to develop affordable and appealing alternative forms of energy. We need to strictly enforce environmental protection regulations under our existing laws or new ones that may be needed as technologies are developed but the increased volume of domestic production and the greater retained earnings of our oil and gas companies will allow them more than sufficient funds to do it right, clean up their spills, act responsibly and still make a ton a money.
    This sounds wonderful to me. Still trying to get in touch with a friend, may still be gone on Thanksgiving holiday.
    Thank You, Cynthia!

Pass it forward and around. We all need to get on the same page with the same message and UNITE AS ONE PEOPLE so none of these candidates, no matter what party they're with or running off to, can do a side-step or belly dance to worm their way out of what must be done to fix our country.

When Americans are organized and focused on a clear, concise plan and willing to put their time, energy, money and vote behind it ... there is no stopping the American People. There never has been and there never will be.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOU DOBBS TELEMUNDO INTERVIEW

Lou's responses were tailored to the bigoted demographic that would be watching the Telemundo interview. Most, if not all, of the viewers believe open borders, amnesty, and citizenship are a birthright. Why stir the pot any more than it's been stirred? More controversy isn't the goal; this is a witch hunt after all. Lou's responses can be construed in many ways depending on one's point of view. Bottom line: Mr. Dobbs is an honorable gentleman with an incredible amount of patience. His position on illegal immigration is well conceived and reflects common sense. I would vote for him if he were to run for office in my district.

Quote Originally Posted by pfelo
    I think you're all retarded. I saw this video and I can not see what everyone is talking about. I think you're all splitting hairs over crap. If he really is going to run for president, he's not just going to represent this sites interest only! He would never get elected president solely on this issue So, he is going to have to compromise some, and we all know Lou Dobbs very well. All he is doing is what he has to do if he really is going to run for president. But, in any case this video does not show Lou as saying anything reversing his position on illegal immigration. Legalizing immigrants on certain conditions is all that he has said. That could mean anything. Lou Dobbs has put himself and his beliefs out in front of the public for a long time. You're all paranoid, and overly critical of this video. I don't see how he could ever win the presidency, given such a pestistimistic attitude from what appears to be a very fragile support group.
    Ye all, of so little faith!
    You are painting with a really broad brush....