Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Victory, The Future, and new threats to talk radio and t

The Victory, The Future, and new threats to talk radio and the Net

by William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    www.alipac.us

Thursday, June 28th was an historic day because Americans fought back and won! There are too many people and groups to thank and nobody should start slapping each other on the back because this battle has just begun! As my friend, Ted Hayes says, "We barely dodged a bullet!" Yes, we barely dodged the amnesty bullet Ted.

Our nation was almost pushed over a cliff yesterday. Many Americans will go back to sleep, until the push over the brink is attempted again. Many true patriots will work to pull us back from the edge of the greatest corporate and Presidential scandal and betrayal in American history.

After speeding to DC in the dead of night Monday morning, on an emergency mission to reach Senators Burr and Dole with polling data from North Carolina, I spent four exhaustive days meeting with lawmakers and staff.

The messages I focused on were repeated by thousands of volunteers in their phone calls, e-mails, and faxes, which came from over 11,000 people in the ALIPAC e-mail alert and website network.

One, a super majority of Americans oppose this bill because they want our existing immigration laws enforced. Two, the President's arbitrary enforcement of our laws has nullified the deliberations and votes of congress, the campaigns, and every American's votes. It is not the President's job to decide which laws he will obey or enforce. Presidents don't do that-that is what kings do. Three, the yes vote on cloture will be the defining vote of a Senator's vote on Amnesty.

ALIPAC had launched a tactic, when we killed this bill in the first round, of promising protests outside the offices of each Senator that voted YES on CLOTURE, if the bill passed. This was done to signal the Senators that an attempt to vote yes on cloture and no on the bill would not be tolerated and their support for amnesty, and the many other horrible provisions in this bill, would be exposed.

On Thursday, June 28th, we modified that tactic by sending volunteers into every Senator's office that had voted Yes on the first cloture vote earlier in the week. The idea came from our friend Joe Turner of Save Our State and his efforts at Barbara Boxer's offices in California. The tactic paid off big time and we owe a great deal of thanks to all of the Americans that took the day off of work to enter those offices early Thursday and that waited for the cloture vote results.

After being told by several lawmakers, including NC Senator Richard Burr, that they knew nothing about the SPP or North American Union, ALIPAC activists and allied organizations started placing large orders of Jerome Corsi's new book, The Late Great U.S.A.: The Coming Merger With Mexico and Canada through Amazon to go to targeted Senate offices. We bought so many books in the first few hours of this program that we drained Amazon's supplies and their site started placing back orders!

With the help of ALIPAC's "Dixie" and the publisher of Mr. Corsi's book, I rented a car and driver to carry me to five book stores in DC, to buy every copy I could get my hands on so I could present then directly to lawmakers. I wrote a note inside the cover of most of these books which read, "Stop the Amnesty bill, stop the SPP, and stop the North American Union. They are one and the same!" Our goal with this book distribution project is to assure that no lawmaker can ever look any of us in the eye again and say, "I don't know about that!"

World Net Daily, which has truly served the public by exposing these issues, has now arranged a discount on their site. You can order more books at www.worldnetdaily.com and we need you to assure that every elected official that represents you, gets multiple copies as soon as possible.

The core ALIPAC activists in our Discussion Groups area at www.alipac.us really did the heavy lifting on these projects. ALIPAC is now the largest archive of information in existence about America's illegal immigration crisis. Our site did the job and was there for our activists and Americans seeking information during this battle. In fact, ALIPAC.us is now the most trafficked website in the entire immigration enforcement movement and we have set new web traffic records for the last four months in a row, including the month of June, 2007!

While we recently upgraded our server capacity, to handle the new high levels of interest in our site, we will be upgrading again this Sunday night. ALIPAC is moving our hosting to a company that hosts E-bay, MTV, AOL, and other large accounts, to meet the needs of Americans. Your support, interest and hard work has made all of this possible.

I had set up a DC command center in my hotel room and worked feverishly to get the final press releases about our office vigils out before rushing to the Senate gallery. On the way out the door, Senator Jeff Sessions came on my computer screen via C-Span and announced that the Sgt. At Arms had just informed him that so many Americans were calling DC that the capitol phone system had crashed!

There was an eerie silence in the Dirksen Bldg and in Senator Dole's office when I rushed in to ask for a new Senate Gallery pass. The phone lines, which had been filled with angry Americans opposing the bill were all silent. I made a joke with staff that Bush had called Cheney in the bunker and asked him to pull the plug on the phone system while screaming, "Make them stop! Make them stop"!

Anyone that has been to the Capitol Building or the gallery lately knows it is a long and tortuous journey through many lines, security checkpoints, hallways, stairs, and obstacles. I saw on the C-Span channel, which was on the screen in Senator Dole's waiting area, that the cloture vote had begun. So I waited like so many of us did, with my stomach in knots praying that enough Senators would abandon this terrible bill.

We had won and we had won big! The cloture motion failed by a vote of 53 Nays- 46 Yeas! The cloture vote needed 60 to clear the hurdle and failed by a landslide of 14 votes! I called ALIPAC's Press Director, Jim Palmer, who immediately got an e-mail alert out proclaiming that the "Empire Amnesty Bill is DEAD at 11:25 pm with the Senate phone system paralyzed with a mass volume of calls opposing the cloture motion on the Scamnisty Bill S 1639"

I spent the rest of the day conducting talk radio interviews, but not one single newspaper reporter contacted me for a reaction. The majority of America's print media really exposed their biases during this battle. They will not forget us and we will certainly not forget them!

Talk Radio and the Internet activists and groups, made this new revolution possible. People in America would not have had the slightest clue what was going on or in this bill without the fusion of talk radio and the Net, forming the "New Media". The corporate controlled media did their best to help this bill pass, while talk show hosts and bloggers led the charge against it. Of course we owe a great deal of thanks to Lou Dobbs, Glenn Beck, and precious few others on TV that did the job Americans expect from the press, which is to tell the truth.

The Globalists and Amnesty pushers were too committed to their bombing run on this bill, to address the flak coming at them from Talk Radio and the Net, but now that we have beaten them in this round, the danger to us all is very high.

Our elite opposition is thinking and saying some very terrible things about us all today. They now know that the North American Union cannot come into being, with talk radio show hosts and Internet group leaders doing what we have done this week!

Wednesday, I made some comments on NC radio talk shows that quickly spread across the country. You may have heard these concerns reverberated on many talk radio shows including Rush Limbaugh. According to my conversations with staff in DC and several news reports, we are receiving, the supporters of the North American Union plan to do something about talk radio and the Internet groups that stood together on behalf of the American majority against this evil piece of legislation.

Collectively, we have just thrown a monkey wrench into a multi trillion dollar business deal, which will sellout America for good.

We need everyone to brace themselves for two very real possibilities.

One, either by legislation or regulatory changes from King George Bush, the fairness doctrine or "hate radio" laws and regulations may be attempted to silence the voices on talk radio and the Internet that allowed all Americans to speak out to larger audiences. They want to put a muzzle on us and this is one way they could attempt that.

Two, since we just beat them legislatively, the elite powers behind the North American Union may allow or create a national crisis, which would allow George Bush to implement the new emergency powers act he signed about two months ago. These powers would allow him to take control of the Net and any radio station, business, private property, or communications in the interest of "Continuity of Government"

There is a Real and Present Danger to the American Republic, talk radio, and all of us that stood up and said NO to this betrayal.

I am out the door now to MSNBC, and will write more to you about this soon.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and to all of you that contributed to ALIPAC to make our efforts and DC operations possible.

We have reached a crucial turning point and now it is time to put the people responsible for this mess and the non-enforcement of our existing laws on the run!

Watch for William Gheen on MSNBC with Pat Buchanan at 1pm and 3pm EST.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Re: The Victory, The Future, and new threats to talk radio a

Thanks for a great read William. It certainly was a great day for all of us, but as you said, the fight is far from over. I'm re-charging the batteries and getting ready for the next round, to including killing the "Fairness Doctrine", and forcing our elected officials to build the fence, punish employers who hire illegals, and let "attrition by enforcement" work its magic.

One note....I think one other radio host deserves major props for this victory, and that is Laura Ingraham. Laura and her staff have been beating this drum for months now, and did an outstanding job getting Americans off their couches and on the phone to the Senator's office.

Great work everyone....1 battle down, probably 999 to go!
    Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.

William: We all owe you a tremendous ovation for your hard and endless work around this effort, which encompasses all of your staff that put in countless hours of hard work. But we realize that the fight has just begun, because we know that the liberals are planning new strategies at this very moment. I believe the most important issue facing our entire effort at this point is to push for complete border control and stop this deluge of immigrants from entering our country.
    Then we need to focus on the illigals that are here uninvited and then start punishing employers for hiring those that are here uninvited.
    Good work from everyone that took a part in this effort and let's not go to sleep and let them slip another boondoggle at us again. Be prepared!!!!!!! :

The grassroot organizations are the key. I know NumbersUSA growth has been unreal this year. It sounds like Alipac is also seeing unreal growth. Sheer numbers win these battle, and the numbers are getting better.

I agree that war isn't over, but it will be nice to exit critical danger mode. At least the immediate threat is over.

The trouble is can a secure America borders president win, or can we at least kick out some the senatorial tratiors?

I agree. Grassroots organizations are certainly growing and very quickly. I notice it here with all the newbies. Americans are fed up and searching for like-minded groups and people. I think the growth is an indication of how many Americans are against illegal immigration regardless of what the politicians try to tell us.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Will Bush become a Dictator?

Mr. Gheen stated:

Two, since we just beat them legislatively, the elite powers behind the North American Union may allow or create a national crisis, which would allow George Bush to implement the new emergency powers act he signed about two months ago. These powers would allow him to take control of the Net and any radio station, business, private property, or communications in the interest of "Continuity of Government"

If Bush does this, then he is a dictator like Hugo Chavezs!!!!!
    Will he stoop that low?

William,

I agree with you. This is a most dangerous time for the USA. The globalists and all the congressfolk in their pockets aren't going to stop trying to implement the NAU. Since the mainstream media is owned by so few families of the globalists and all they feed the public is canned falsehoods, we have had to learn the true facts on our own with the help of talk radio, the internet, ALIPAC, NUMBERSUSA, and other patriotic organizations who have been willing to do the necessary research...the globalists WILL try to shut us down in some fashion.

Suggestion: take a very small rest, gear up, and let's roll!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

What is America comming to?
    Illegals are Illegal..thats why we call them illegals.

Below is a copy of the email that I sent to my friends and family. The new theme for all those that have fought to stop the Shamnesty needs to be - Never let your guard down after a disaster has been beaten back, the sell outs and traitors everywhere will not stop, because they are driven by greed.
    We need to come together eyes wide open and work for the defeat of the traitors when their next election comes around. This effort needs to be nonpartisan and driven by love for country and concern for your fellow citizens.
    We need to all start working on those elected to serve We the People and stop anchor babies as the 14th Amendment was never meant to be perverted to give citizenship to the children of illegal invaders. They are illegal and not subject to laws our citizens are. In fact we need some way to make it retroactive back to when the 14th was passed.
    And yes, We the People need to get behind the only declared candidate that has walked the walk and stood for ALL Americans.

http://www.teamtancredo.com/

Email below sent:

Please anyone that can help, please do so. This is the only candidate that has consistently stated he will do what Americans want him to do.

We the People dodged the bullet this time in the Senate, but believe me behind the scenes powerful business interest, wanting cheap labor, are working to circumvent the Will of the We the People. Working with them are elected traitors such as Bush, Kennedy, McCain, Martinez, Feinstein, and many others to voted AGAINST We the People.

Thanks to all of you that rallied to help defeat the Shamnesty that would have let in another 100 million people, most refusing to speak English and eager to sign up for tax payer supported benefits.

This man (Tom Tancredo) will not have Big money coming in from Big business, he will need the help of you, me and We the People. No amount is to small if we can get enough people to donate. Please forward.

http://www.teamtancredo.com/

Thanks

Stacy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast