Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Senate leaders gut immigration bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha55
    I always thought to get a job you had to have a social security card or some kind of card that would give a person legall status like a green card. I would give you dollars to donuts that illegal immigrants don't have that kind of ID.

Samantha
    ========================================

Welcome to ALIPAC, Samantha55

Sorry to hear you have been through such rough times recently. Many Americans are facing desperate times now that we are heading into an historic Depression and tens of millions of illegal aliens are here siphoning off increasingly scarce employment and resources American citizens will be in such dire need of.

You make some good points about stolen IDs. For example, illegal aliens will come into this country, have numerous anchor babies, and then steal their own children's social security numbers and use them for fake identities to further their stay and conceal their crimes with.

It is a terribly vicious circle, and some of our worst enemies are embedded into our own congress and senate.

Hang in there!
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah, I got pretty much the same message. I then attached copies of both versions of the bill and sent back a response calling them on the lie. Needless to say, I haven't heard anything back yet and don't expect to.

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    Email response disputing the gutting of the bill

Thank you for writing regarding HB 36. Senator Apodaca is in support of HB 36.

Contrary to the numerous claims and rumors that have been flying around, HB 36 has not been gutted or weakened. The bill was heard in Commerce today, but the only change was to narrow the scope to accommodate the business community’s concerns. Senator Apodaca continues to work with stakeholders on all sides to achieve a solution.

The Proposed Committee Substitute will be available as soon as it is reported on the Senate floor this afternoon and can be viewed at: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLook ... illID=h+36

If you need further information please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Office of Senator Tom Apodaca

Chairman of Rules and Operations of the N.C. Senate

919-733-5745

2010 Legislative Building

16 West Jones Street

Raleigh, NC 27601

working4change
    Welcome bentonv to Alipac!

Sen. Apodaca's office is not even reading the emails. they are just sending canned responses. I believe my mistake was retaining HB 36 in the subject line. I'm resending this with a different subject--let's see if that gets a response. I do NOT like being lied to.
    Here's the history of my correspondence with them, most recent first:

The bill passed the Senate floor on June 14th and was engrossed and sent to the Governor for her signature. To see the current language of the bill, please visit: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLook ... llID=hb+36

919-733-5745

16 West Jones Street

Raleigh, NC 27601

Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:06 AM
    To: Carolyn Gooden (Sen. Apodaca)
    Subject: RE: Gutting HB 36 E-Verify

Ms. Gooden,

Apparently, you did not read my email. This is NOT a rumor, this comes from individuals who were IN THE ROOM when they handed out the new version of the bill sans the requirement for all large businesses to participate. Now you say it was only changed to "narrow the scope to accommodate the business community’s concerns." As far as I am concerned, the business community's concerns were more than accommodated by the earlier narrowing of scope that occurred before this bill ever came out of the House. I guess it's more important to "accommodate the business community" than it is to insure that it is North Carolinians who are fed, housed, and clothed rather than aliens who are here ILLEGALLY. Wouldn't it be better to have our citizens earning wages instead of collecting tax dollars via food stamps, welfare, etc?

I am tired of the untruths out of your office. I called earlier yestereday and was told by Nicole that the text of the bill was unchanged since it came out of the House, which was not true. If it was the same bill, a PCS would not be necessary. After examining version 4 of the bill and comparing to the new version 5, I see that now private employers seem to be left out of the bill entirely! This change is not acceptable and lying about it is NOT ACCEPTABLE. I think Sen Apodaca has forgotten that it was the VOTERS that put him in office, not the business community, and the VOTERS can darn well take him out. I would remind him that 80% of North Carolinians are in favor of insuring that citizens get jobs instead of illegal aliens. He better wake up and smell the coffee.

A very disappointed Republican voter,
    XXXXXX

--- On Tue, 6/14/11, Carolyn Gooden (Sen. Apodaca) <Apodacala@ncleg.net> wrote:

From: Carolyn Gooden (Sen. Apodaca) <Apodacala@ncleg.net>
    Subject: RE: Gutting HB 36 E-Verify
    To: XXXXXX
    Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 5:10 PM

Contrary to the numerous claims and rumors that have been flying around, HB 36 has not been gutted or weakened. The bill was heard in Commerce today, but the only change was to narrow the scope to accommodate the business community’s concerns. Senator Apodaca continues to work with stakeholders on all sides to achieve a solution.

The Proposed Committee Substitute will be available as soon as it is reported on the Senate floor this afternoon and can be viewed at: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLook ... illID=h+36

919-733-5745

16 West Jones Street

Raleigh, NC 27601

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:35 PM
    To: press@alipac.us
    Cc: Sen. Phil Berger (President Pro Tempore); Sen. Tom Apodaca; Sen. Rick Gunn; Sen. Harry Brown; Sen. Bob Rucho
    Subject: Gutting HB 36 E-Verify

Dear Senator,

I am appalled to learn that House Bill 36 was gutted this morning in committee. I am told this by individuals whom I know personally who were in the committee meeting.

I can't believe that the Republican leadership of the Senate would allow this to happen. This is NOT why we voted them into office! This bill is vital to ensuring that jobs go to North Carolinians, not illegal aliens!!

My understanding is that Senators Berger, Apodaca, Gunn, Brown, and Rucho are responsible for this manuever to remove the teeth from E-Verify in NC. I would very much appreciate any pressure that you could bring to bear on these Senators to make them see how important it is to make sure jobs are going to our people and not illegals. Wouldn't you rather see North Carolinians earning wages as opposed to receiving tax dollars via food stamps and welfare??

I greatly appreciate any help you can give in this matter. I write you as a very concerned and active Republican Party member.

Sincerely,
    XXXX
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Senate leaders gut immigration bill.

========================================

Welcome to ALIPAC, Samantha55

Sorry to hear you have been through such rough times recently. Many Americans are facing desperate times now that we are heading into an historic Depression and tens of millions of illegal aliens are here siphoning off increasingly scarce employment and resources American citizens will be in such dire need of.

You make some good points about stolen IDs. For example, illegal aliens will come into this country, have numerous anchor babies, and then steal their own children's social security numbers and use them for fake identities to further their stay and conceal their crimes with.

It is a terribly vicious circle, and some of our worst enemies are embedded into our own congress and senate.

Hang in there! [/quote

I appreciate that you care. It is true I have lost alot through the years. I would like to think that I still have my freedom. I would likie to believe that I have freedom of religion but that is not true. There are certain churches that have been approve by the moral majority, that is true.
    Seperation of church and state, no such thing. In the goverment halls and even when a new President is Inaugurated a Christian prayer is said while the President eledt puts his hand on the bible.

It would be easy to blame everything on illegal immigrants but that would not be true. The American dream has been outsorced to sweat shops. In one place I saw on telivision this man lives right in front of his work space. He felt that having is own apt was to much of a luxury. This other woman who works in a city can only see her children twice a year because she cannot afford. The truth is we need those factories here for people who need jobs.

There is a falacy that says that illegal immigrants only take the jobs that Americans won't take. In part that may be true. They know that those kind of wages would not sustain their family. Families that need to have need both Father and Mother to work. And sometimes need to jobs. It is so complicated. I cannnot say which one is the most damaging, for my money I would say the Illetgal immigrants. My mind is not as crisp today, you see I am handicaped and have many problems with my health. It was when I could not get a job because I cannot speak Spanish. I was watching an episode of Border wars. There was a celebration of the harmoney between the two coutries. I beliefve it was the Nogales Mayor, not sure I think it was another border town. The thing I wanted to say was what he said. He said we have so much in common, the same language, the same cutoms, and the same traditions and all kind of things. Even though it was a border town if it is in America then the language is English. I don't know what it costs for everything to be put in Spanish and English, it must be plenty. And I am sure I am not the only person has been booted from the job because I cannot speak English. In a movie the principle said the students had to learn the school song in
    English and Spanish. This was a movie based on a true story. I am sorry to be so long winded it is just I have so much to say and nobody to listen. I believe we are a nation with our head in the sand.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234