Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Warning: US Senate Amnesty bill includes in-state tuition fo

Warning! US Senate Amnesty bill contains in-state tuition for illegal aliens!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    4/4/2006

Contact: William Gheen, Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC)
    WilliamG@alipac.us (866) 329-3999

The controversial proposal to give illegal aliens taxpayer subsidized in-state tuition at American universities is included in the immigration "reform" bill that also contains the Guest Worker Amnesty proposals according to the Washington Times!

Nine states allow illegal aliens to receive the in-state tuition rates, but the law is under challenge in those states and most slipped the provision in with little or no public input. In states where public debate occurred, the measure failed in NC, FL, GA, and VA. In liberal Massachusetts the measure failed by a graphic 96-57 in the House.

"If this bill passes, the American taxpayers will be forced to pay for illegal aliens to replace their own children in the limited seats in college" says William Gheen of ALIPAC. "Professional polls in North Carolina show over 81% opposition to in-state tuition for illegal aliens. It is bad enough the Senate is proposing Guest Worker Amnesty. Now they want us to pay college tuition for illegal aliens!"

Under the provisions of this bill, illegal aliens would be given preference over American students that are required to pay higher tuition rates when they attend public colleges away from their home state. Taxpayers would have to pay for expanded services in universities. Some universities would give even further benefits in admissions and financial aid due to the minority status of the applicants. In-state tuition costs American taxpayers thousands of dollars per year per student.

"American families have spent generations building these Universities." Gheen says. "It is a national tragedy the US Senate is even considering giving these finite resources to foreign nationals that broke our laws."

Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee is calling on all Americans that oppose Amnesty and In-State tuition for illegal aliens to contact every member of Congress and demand they vote "No" on these measures. Contact information and instructions can be found at the ALIPAC website at http://www.alipac.us William Gheen and ALIPAC played a key roll in defeating in-state tuition for illegals in North Carolina.

###

Paid for by Americans for Legal Immigration AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok! Let's Rally Around the Release! The Open Borders Lobby got gready and has given us what we need to galvanize public opposition to these measures!

Thank you for the proof reading help. The press release is going out now the media.

We need your help.

1. Please send this to all national and local media contacts you can locate.

2. Please post this release on other boards with links into the copy on the homepage to drive traffic into the release.

3. Please send this release to all members of Congress and the US Senate. Even if some members get more than one copy, that is fine. We must assure that every member of Congress gets at least one copy.

4. Please forward this release to all members of your state legislatures. I will cover NC.

5. Locate local and national talk radio. Get on the air! Get on the air! Get on the air! to get this news out! We only have a day or two to fight this bill. You must boldly take to the air waves on any radio channel you can to warn the public about this amnesty and the in-state tuition. Tell them about ALIPAC if you can. Make it clear the public must act!

This ALIPAC Actvist activation must work well. We are counting on you to carry this message to the nation.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would be helpful to provide the Senate number of bill or amendment you are referring to, or a link to the Washington Times article that might have that information. Also the Section number is needed!

For example I did find Section 631 and 641 in Senator Specter's amendment, SA 3192, which certainly appear to be an attempt to "buy support" for the amendment from immigrant groups. I believe that immigrant groups are vehemently opposed to any "Guest Worker" program.

SEC. 631. HIGHER EDUCATION ASSISTANCE.

Provides to aliens who become lawful permanent residents (an important part of Specter's amendment):
    1. Federal student loans, with exceptions.
    2. Specified federal work-study programs.
    3. Federal services under such title IV - I don't know what that is.

Comment: obviously this means less student loans, etc. for American citizens!

SEC. 641. GRANTS TO SUPPORT PUBLIC EDUCATION AND COMMUNITY TRAINING.

Provides federal grants exclusively to non-profits, who must have the same ethnic mix as the immigrants, educational and legal benefits for illegals and others.

Comment: states, counties and municipalities are NOT ELIGIBLE for these federal grants. But again they don't rally support for Specter's amendment, do they!

Re: Warning: US Senate Amnesty bill includes in-state tuitio

Nine states allow illegal aliens to receive the in-state tuition rates
    What states are they?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Ok Team!

Please post here to indicate if you are taking any actions to promote and distribute this release. Please tell us if you are responding and exactly what you are doing to help.

W

I'm sending this release to all members of congress and US senate and to local TV stations and radio.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Posted yesterday at 2 places on Raleigh N&O forums, Police Magazine forums, WTVD Raleigh Channel 11 forums.

Thanks Rebel and John.

I'm about to call the Fox network to see if I can determine if they are reporting this news or just running the online poll that shows 98% opposition to the measure.

John, please keep posting this out there on other boards. I hope more people here will help you with that effort.

Rebel, Please make sure every single member of Congress gets this you can. I know others here will have to do the same if we hope to reach them and have them listen.

W

Working on it right now and ALL of them will recieve it
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Sending to talk radio show hosts and then will send to as many senators as I can.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast