Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    They are evading the issue. wonder how many have been bought.

Non-committed

Roberts
    Burr (R-NC)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Dorgan (D-ND)...voted no in committee but office says opposition non- committed at at this time
    Warner(R-VA)
    Webb(D-VA)
    Domenici
    Srevens (R-AK) (supported in committee, but unsure now)
    Feingold (D-WI) ( no statement yet) any confirmations?
    Coleman. (R-MN)...office won't reveal
    Klobacher (D-MN)...office won't reveal
    Corker(R-TN)
    Casey (D-PA)( office said he will probably vote for..would not commit for sure)
    Enzi (R-WY) (office won't give out that information ) what a crock!
    Barrasso (undecided) guess he needs some help deciding

Opposed

Grassley(R-IA)
    Salazar(D-CO) ...need confirmation(don't trust this one)
    Kyl (R-AZ)
    Martinez(R-FL) ..(surprise but been confirmed several times )
    Dole (R-NC)
    Sen. Sessions, Jeff (R-AL)
    Sen. Allard, Wayne (R-CO)
    Sen. Chambliss, Saxby (R-GA)
    Sen. Bunning, Jim (R-KY)
    Sen. McConnell, Mitch (R-KY)
    Sen. Vitter, David (R-LA)
    Sen. Cochran, Thad (R-MS)
    Sen. DeMint, Jim (R-SC)
    Isakson(R-GA)
    Shelby(R-AL)
    Graham(R-SC)...( we got 2 confirmations)
    Hutchinson(R-TX)
    Byrd9D-WV)
    Inhoff (R-OK)...(this was just reported in alipac that he is working with others to get this out of the bill.)

We need the no's called more and confirmation on more Senators!!

for the bill (amnesty)

Feinstien (D-CA)
    Craig (R-ID)
    kohl(D-WI)
    Specter (R-PA)

Voice Mail.......slam them with Faxes!!

IF ANY ONE SEE'S A DISCREPENCEY IN MY LIST, PLEASE KEEP ME INFORMED... I AM FAR FROM PERFECT AND THESE GUYS COULD CHANGE THEIR MIND AT ANY TIME...WE MUST STAY UPDATED!
    Lugar R-IN top secret, will let us know AFTER the vote

Bayh D-IN position has not been released
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well after the vote we can find out without their help....these are the dummy we are trying to work with....I take it as they are affraid to tell us where the Senator stands!

Thanks for the update Cayla...they are cowards aren't they!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Mark Pryor in reference to Iraq/Amnesty

I asked how he would vote on the amnesty. I was told, "He is against amnesty". I asked if that means he will vote against the amnesty included in the Iraq war bill and I was told, "He hasn't stated anything specific about that vote, but he is against amnesty and has voted against amnesty in the past". However, we know that he isn't so strongly against amnesty and has not always voted against it. The answers given me today on the phone do not leave me with any confidence that Senator Pryor will vote against this amnesty.

Reminder from FAIR, in case you haven't called Sens. McConnell and Reid yet:

PLEASE CALL YOUR SENATORS NOW AND URGE THEM TO STRIP ALL IMMIGRATION AMENDMENTS FROM THE IRAQ WAR FUNDING BILL!!! As soon as you have called your own Senators, please also call Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). These two leaders are the most powerful, influential, and able to strip these disastrous amendments from the Iraq War Funding Bill. When you call these Senators, please tell them:

The American people overwhelmingly rejected amnesty for illegal aliens in 2007;
    You are outraged the Senate is once again attempting to sneak amnesty and other immigration amendments aimed at appeasing corporate interests into an unrelated appropriations bill;
    The debate over the funding for the troops fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan should not be held hostage by the corporate cheap labor interests in Washington, DC!

To find your Senators' contact information, click here.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV)
    DC Office (202) 224- 3542
    District Office (702) 388- 5020

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
    DC Office (202) 224-2541

District Office (502) 582- 6304
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McConnell just did a news report and talked of everything in the spending bill except the amnesty ag's part, and the reporters never asked They sure don not want to talk about this!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Updated Tally.

I'm pretty sure Obama, Clinton and McCain will stay away from this issue.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Updated Tally.

I'm pretty sure Obama, Clinton and McCain will stay away from this issue.

Dixie

I think you are right and you can count Kennedy out!

Now Mc Connell just said (not speaking of the amnesty, wouldn't want to bring that up) in a news interview he doesn't no if Reid is going to allow for amendments, he thinks Ried is going to go straight for cloture right away and if he does with out taking out some of the other programs Bush will probably veto it....and they will have to start over.

hmmmm sounds good to me. I don't think they will sneak this through twice.

He also said something about the vote on thursday....so you think they are waiting to give your Obama and Hillary time to get home?

We are getting hot now folks! Talk radio is kicking in and that e-mail poll I sent out today got some people moving too!

W

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Just spoke with Ensigns office. They say they have no official statement but his past voting will tell us how he is leaning. In the past he has voted against amnesty.
    Spoke to Ensign's office too.

Yesterday was told of the possibility the AgJob amendment could be detached from the Iraq War Funding Bill so Senator Ensign was waiting to determine if there would be one vote or two separate ones.

As of today the AgJob amendment is still attached to the War Funding Bill. Told staff member the AgJob amendment was unethically injected, appeases the Mexican government and special interest groups and U.S. citizenship is not for sale.
    She replied, "Many feel as you do."

Am finding, unless a state constituent, some don't want to talk to me or know my opinion. Leads me to worry about the bill.

Senate Ethics Committee: http://ethics.senate.gov/

Democrats

Barbara Boxer, California, Chairman-uncommitted
    Washington, D.C.
    112 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20510
    (202) 224-3553
    (202) 224-0454 fax

Mark Pryor, Arkansas
    Washington, D.C. Office
    255 Dirksen Senate Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20510
    Phone: (202) 224-2353
    Fax: (202) 228-0908

Ken Salazar, Colorado
    Washington, D.C.
    U.S. Senator Ken Salazar
    702 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20510
    (202) 224-5852 main
    (202) 228-5036 fax

Republicans

John Cornyn, Texas, Vice Chairman--opposes any amnesty but feels troops must be funded ASAP (over a barrel?)
    Washington DC
    517 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
    Washington, DC 20510
    Main: 202-224-2934
    Fax: 202-228-2856

Pat Roberts, Kansas--staff who handles that in meeting and placed on 'hold' 3 times
    Washington D.C. Office:
    109 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510-1605
    Phone: 202-224-4774
    Fax: 202-224-3514

Johnny Isakson, Georgia--announcement all lines busy & no voice mail option.
    United States Senate
    120 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-3643
    Fax: (202) 228-0724

Asked if Feinstein and Craig could face ethic charges for this--no staffer I was able to speak to knew.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Add Stevens to the bad list.

From my email

Hey, I've made a few phone calls. Tried to update the list because I learned Senator Stevens from Alaska supports the bill as written. His weaselly office staff would not say how the Senator would vote, but did support it as written. If it looks like a duck....

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast