Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    I spoke with Rockefeller's Charleston office for the 2nd time. The staffer said based on Rockefeller's past voting record he was pretty sure, Rockerfeller would vote no to amnesty. He said he'd call the DC office to find out for sure.......I was unable to get a live person when I called DC.....DC office is open until 6:00 CA time...his office is closing at 5:00 PM my time.
    Good work Nicie!

I'm shocked Rockerfeller went that direction, usually he leans towards pro-amnesty. Some of today's responses were supprising so I questioned a few. Thanks for indulging me.

Since it's an election year it appears that our good Senators are working for the voters and not against them.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    I spoke with Rockefeller's Charleston office for the 2nd time. The staffer said based on Rockefeller's past voting record he was pretty sure, Rockerfeller would vote no to amnesty. He said he'd call the DC office to find out for sure.......I was unable to get a live person when I called DC.....DC office is open until 6:00 CA time...his office is closing at 5:00 PM my time.
    Good work Nicie!

I'm shocked Rockerfeller went that direction, usually he leans towards pro-amnesty. Some of today's responses were supprising so I questioned a few. Thanks for indulging me.Since it's an election year it appears that our good Senators are working for the voters and not against them.

Dixie
    I do not blame you, I am questioning them as well, some of the staffers are very confused and confusing.

I spoke with Feingold's office. The feeling there is that he will vote yes.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

When it's too late to call.... email????

After closing times in DC, if there is no way to leave a message, or in addition to leaving a message .... should we email the Senators?

I am firing off 2 more to Oregon Senators... using a different topic choice than those I sent earlier.......

April

Re: When it's too late to call.... email????

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila1964
    After closing times in DC, if there is no way to leave a message, or in addition to leaving a message .... should we email the Senators?

I am firing off 2 more to Oregon Senators... using a different topic choice than those I sent earlier.......

We should continue on letting our voices be heard in any manner available, voice mails, faxes, emails etc. WE NEED THEM TO HEAR US ROAR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Thanks guys on the conformations!

Has anyone tried Hagel? He should be right up there with Feinstein, since he is a co-sponsor of the Ag-JOBS legislation.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-116220.html
    The Ag Hag said,
    I have tried along with Senator Craig, Senator Hagel and others who are cosponsors to find a way to pass this bill. For more than a year, I have tried to move this bill, and we have not been able to find a vehicle.
    Dixie
    Don't think so he is not on my list!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sheila1964,

You might see if one of the hometown offices has an answering machine.

E-mail never hurts!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just spoke to Thune's office again. Not a possitive no, but the staffer said based on Thune's past record, he thinks it'll be a no.

Will call Hagle now.
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

email from Sen. Inhofe..i hope the links works, sign letter

just recieved this email from Senator Inhofe

"I am emailing you on an urgent matter. Last week, several U.S. Senators inserted immigration measures into a crucial War Spending bill in an attempt to force the Senate to legalize illegal workers. If allowed to pass, one of these provisions would grant amnesty to between 1.35 and 3 million illegal workers, while containing no requirement that these immigrants prove they paid their taxes for the days they worked illegally.

Allowing this amnesty amendment to stall important, necessary war funds is a slap in the face to our men and women in uniform. That is why I am asking you to co-sign a letter to Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid calling for the amendment's removal from the bill. I joined many of my colleagues in proudly signing this letter and I know you would like the opportunity to do the same.

This is the full text of the letter to Senator Reid I am asking you to sign with me:

We write to express disappointment that the Senate Appropriations Committee chose to include in the War Supplemental more than 100 pages of immigration language that would grant legal status to more than one million illegal alien agricultural workers and their families. We urge you to remove these controversial provisions from the bill so we can enact essential funding for our troops without delay. If these provisions remain in the bill, you can expect a vigorous debate on immigration policy.

Please join me in telling Senate leaders that the vast majority of American people want border security and enforcement. Tell Senator Harry Reid that it's unacceptable to play politics when it comes to our military men and women.

And after you co-sign the letter, please forward it to your family and friends.

The Senate Amnesty Caucus is at it again and they must be stopped. Failure to defeat this amendment could set a dangerous precedent in the Senate. Give an inch on this issue and we can count on the Amnesty Caucus to try and stretch it into a mile.

So please help me quickly demonstrate that conservative Senators' firm stance on the amnesty amendment is backed by tens of thousands of American voters.

Sincerely,

Jim Inhofe"

link below to sign letter:

http://www.jiminhofe.com/Blog/Read.aspx ... 41b45bc6b4

email from Sen. Inhofe..i hope the links works, sign letter

sorry this posted twice so am sending the link for letter again.

link below to sign letter:

http://www.jiminhofe.com/Blog/Read.aspx ... 41b45bc6b4