Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The bill is veto proof....70 yea's 22 Nays...more than 2/3 of the Senate!
    It is? That's even better! Does anyone know where the voting record could be found?

the news stations who had the courage to stand up and speak out like Lou, Glenn, (Laura on O'Rielly) they pretty much stood alone in the MSM.
    Tell me about it! If anyone doubts the MSM blackout on this, they should try and look for a story on it. Besides blogs and smaller conservative pubs, it was practically NOWHERE to be found before the vote (unless it was praising the bill, of course).

AG JOBS AND H2B VISA

WE DID A GREAT JOB. WE WON THIS FIGHT AND WE'LL BE READY FOR THE NEXT ONE.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

ILLEGALS GO HOME
    Huddy

I'm pleased to be working with such a dedicated group of people who want to save this nation for my new grandbaby on the way. Yep, she made it passed the first trimester. Never gotten that far yet. I'm in this for them.

Thanks to W and all the staff for this site and the work they do. For their patience and guidance with us older members and the help they give the newbies.

Thanks to those courageous Senators who literally face the lions fangs for us every time.

Thanks to my friends who held us up in prayer during this fight and my hubby's health issue. I admit I'm tired.

Thanks to the Lord for answered prayer.

I will say that I got an email today from two friends. They don't join groups but they act on my emails. Don't give up on friends who aren't joiners. Give them the tools they need in your emails and they will do the work.

Although, I'm tired right now, I feel that after a short rest, I'm going to start working with our new local group to spread the word during the lull. We must grow and be ready for the fight to come.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April

WAY TO GO PATRIOTS!!! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE ALL WORK TOGETHER!!!!!

WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

JAK
    Just wanted to say Thank you to all of you...

God Bless you all for the "Good Fight" to save our country!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great work everyone!

Happy dance time!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

VICTORY!!! THREE CHEERS FOR ALIPACER'S WAY TO GO, AMERICA THANKS YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION AND HARD WORK TO STOP ANOTHER AMNESTY....YOU ARE THE AMERICAN HERO"s

Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I don't want to put a damper on the celebration after everyone's hard work but do we have the voting record yet? I was gone most of the day and although VERY happy about the outcome; something else has me angry already. I was going to email Feinstein again today not knowing the Senate had already voted. But she had press releases on her website; it appears she didn't support funds for our troops but supported the domestic earmarks! I'm not sure how that's done but I'm going by her press releases.

Here's what she released:

[quote]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    Thursday, May 22, 2008
    Statement of Senator Feinstein in Opposition to $165 Billion Supplemental Bill

“Simply put, I cannot vote for another $165 billion to give President Bush a blank check and fund the continuation of the war in Iraq, without condition, for over another year.

This is a difficult decision and not one I take lightly. But I believe that the time has come for Congress to exercise the power of the purse and bring this war to a conclusion.

I am a strong supporter of our troops in the field. They have done a tremendous job under difficult circumstances. They weren’t greeted as liberators as Vice President Cheney said they would be.

Instead, they found themselves targets in an internecine battle, whose roots go back hundreds of years. They found themselves in the crossfire between Sunni insurgents and Shia extremists. They’ve done everything asked of them, with the courage and dedication that we expect from our service men and women.

But President Bush has never provided an exit strategy for Iraq. He has never laid out a plan for bringing our troops home.

So, here we are more than five years after this war began. More than 4,000 troops killed. Tens of thousands injured. And no end in sight. $525 billion spent – all designated as emergency spending and none of which is paid for – simply added to our nation’s growing debt.

This is the first major war that has not been paid for, but instead has relied time and time again on emergency supplemental funds outside of the federal budget.

I, along with many of my colleagues in the Senate, have voted again and again for a change of course – to transition the mission. But the minority has obstructed the vote or President Bush has vetoed the bill each time we’ve tried.

So the power of the purse is the only tool we have to change the Iraq war. And it is time to bring this war to a conclusion after five long years.
    The $165 billion supplemental funds the war for one year and one month, or until July 2009. This is all funded on the debt. I simply cannot agree to do it.

It would have been one thing if the supplemental had been to fund the war for an additional six months. But it is not. This means that the next administration essentially need not make any move or change until July 2009. This is simply not acceptable to me.

To me, it’s a big mistake to have a supplemental this big because it simply means ‘business as usual.’ And I don’t believe we can be ‘business as usual.’

On Tuesday, I questioned Secretary of Defense Robert Gates on the funding for this war. I told Secretary Gates that it is unclear to me why the passage of a $70 billion '09 bridge fund is urgent at this time, particularly given that funding needs for next year are very much up in the air.

I told him that it is my understanding that if DOD transfers funding to the Army to meet its personnel and operational expenses, the Army could stretch its current funding quite far. And I asked how long the Army and Marine Corps could operate without the ’09 bridge fund.

The Secretary said:

“The notion of having to borrow from the base budget in ’09 to pay war costs…we probably could make it work for a number of months.â€

To hell with Senator Feinstein. She is a traitor and Californians need to throw her in the political trash heap with Gray Davis.

W

Great work everyone. Let's stay vigilant and keep up our activism.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast