Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    W,
    ALIPAC really needs to sue this woman and the paper. I'll contribute to the fund. Something like this should not be tolerated. Things like this is what encourages hate and violence. ALIPAC has always stood for doing things through Legislation and peaceful rallies.
    I absolutely agree!! I am outraged!!!!
    I'm in too. I'll go door to door if need be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sent to Publisher and two editors

Dear Ms Caulkins,

RE: Mary Schulken

Editors have latitude to express opinion. Ms Schulken hurls verbal, personal and vicious assaults. Relevant facts are disregarded if they do not support her narrow views. Bomb throwing, to cover her deficient research, lacks journalistic integrity. Ms. Schulken is an associate editor. I question the professional standards of her Editor.

I am not limited in my commentary by professional standards. Is this rumor true? Ms Schulken was denied employment with Tattler Tabloid because her writing ethics were substandard. Regardless, she is an ignorant hack. Consider submitting her name for the “Yellow Journalist Sleaze Award“.

Sincerely,

Here's my letter to her. Let's flood her mailbox.

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: "Tide of Meanness"
    Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:51:44 -0700
    To: mschulken@charlotteobserver.com

Dear Miss Schulken,

I'm an hispanic American and I must tell you that I am
    deeply offended by your likening Mr Gheen to Bill the Butcher.
    Do you mean to say that my parents who LEGALLY immigrated
    to the U.S. from Mexico and that I, a U.S. born hispanic,
    have less rights than a law-breaking illegal alien?
    They are here ILLEGALLY, they ought not have any rights
    because they've broken the laws of our country. Do you mean
    to say that you condone such lawlessness?
    As an hispanic American, I demand that you retract your
    misleading statements and apologize to Mr Gheen and to all
    members of ALIPAC, of whom I support and am a member.

Sylvia V,
    Los Angeles CA
    "We had to fight the enemy without in the Falklands. We always have to be aware of the enemy within, which is much more difficult to fight and more dangerous to liberty." - Margaret Thatcher

Emailed to all listed

In response to...

This tide of meanness needs to stop

While Mary Schulken hides behind words like bigotry, nativist, and ignores the basic fact that those illegally in the country have broken the law. It makes one wonder whether her work is even worth reading more than once. To take it one step further ever reading anything with her name on the bottom of it again. I’d say that not a lot of creative effort was put forward here.
    As a note for future reference, not all illegal immigrants are Hispanic. Stop trying to drag race into it. The ploy is getting old and ineffective.

Mary Schulken makes statement that illegal immigrants are vital to NC’s economy. I wish she would think and listen to her self before speaking or writing. Please Mary when you make that statement to a legal U.S. citizen and especially to a legal immigrant hang your head in shame because you’ve insulted both with your ignorance. You say they are vital to our economy. What dose that say for the economy of NC? You seem proud that your state is openly benefiting from illegal labor. Not something I would advocate or be proud of. It must feel great to be the beneficiary of ill gotten gains.

Charlotte Observer should consider removing Mary Schulken from their staff before one of her half thought out tirades brings on legal challenges to your operations. Abuse of power even by an associate editor can have its consequences.

Only a hate filled twisted little mind could draw a correlation between William Gheen and Bill the Butcher. William is one of the most professional people in the fight to have our current immigrations laws enforced. I have never heard William say or write anything that would elude to the idea that he would cause physical harm, encourage anyone to cause harm, or tolerate harm to an illegal immigrant.

If you want to try calling cutting off public taxpayer funded services to illegal immigrants causing harm to them think about this first. The estimated 380,000 illegal immigrants living in North Carolina had a choice. They didn’t have to go to North Carolina. They could have gone anywhere and are free to leave at any time. Why shouldn’t the taxpayers have the choice whether or not to pay there way. They didn’t ask for the added crime. Nor did they ask for the added strain on their public services. I’m sure didn’t asked for the depressed wage scales caused by cheap foreign labor. Well cheap for the employer since the taxpayers pickup the tab for health care and education.

Mary, you want to compare William Gheen to Bill the butcher, well Madame you fit that roll better. While sitting in your comfortable home thinking of new ways to slander someone, you seem quite comfortable throwing an illegal immigrant into, lets see, how did you say it? Oh yea, “Many of those jobs are hard, dirty, repetitive and dangerous.â€
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Charlotte NC, melting pot of uncivil society, overrun with gangs and gang violence, and one of the most dangerous cities in America knows better than to fall for these lies. Would-be Governor Pat McCrory is among them and needs to speak out now or forever hold his peace if he is expecting my vote come November. His silence on this issue will become an albatross around his neck throughout this campaign season if he doesn't weigh in.

As for Ms. Schulken, she spoke most eloquently of her own character when she offered this statement:

But they also perform jobs that are vital to our economy – and our communities. Most of those jobs are hard, dirty, repetitive and dangerous. That's why most of us don't want to do them."
    Isn't that "us" she referred to actually HER? Isn't she saying she is willing to accept lawlessness in order to get dirty work done and make a buck? Doesn't that imply that economic prosperity (money) trumps the personal well-being and safety of other human beings? I interpret her comment to mean that as long as illegals are preforming a service that is too difficult, dirty, or dangerous for HER tastes then it's OK if everyone else is compelled to support her decision. Is she by chance a Democrat? Just curious...

[quote="dragonfire"]Emailed to all listed

In response to...

This tide of meanness needs to stop

While Mary Schulken hides behind words like bigotry, nativist, and ignores the basic fact that those illegally in the country have broken the law. It makes one wonder whether her work is even worth reading more than once. To take it one step further ever reading anything with her name on the bottom of it again. I’d say that not a lot of creative effort was put forward here.
    As a note for future reference, not all illegal immigrants are Hispanic. Stop trying to drag race into it. The ploy is getting old and ineffective.

Mary Schulken makes statement that illegal immigrants are vital to NC’s economy. I wish she would think and listen to her self before speaking or writing. Please Mary when you make that statement to a legal U.S. citizen and especially to a legal immigrant hang your head in shame because you’ve insulted both with your ignorance. You say they are vital to our economy. What dose that say for the economy of NC? You seem proud that your state is openly benefiting from illegal labor. Not something I would advocate or be proud of. It must feel great to be the beneficiary of ill gotten gains.

Charlotte Observer should consider removing Mary Schulken from their staff before one of her half thought out tirades brings on legal challenges to your operations. Abuse of power even by an associate editor can have its consequences.

Only a hate filled twisted little mind could draw a correlation between William Gheen and Bill the Butcher. William is one of the most professional people in the fight to have our current immigrations laws enforced. I have never heard William say or write anything that would elude to the idea that he would cause physical harm, encourage anyone to cause harm, or tolerate harm to an illegal immigrant.

If you want to try calling cutting off public taxpayer funded services to illegal immigrants causing harm to them think about this first. The estimated 380,000 illegal immigrants living in North Carolina had a choice. They didn’t have to go to North Carolina. They could have gone anywhere and are free to leave at any time. Why shouldn’t the taxpayers have the choice whether or not to pay there way. They didn’t ask for the added crime. Nor did they ask for the added strain on their public services. I’m sure didn’t asked for the depressed wage scales caused by cheap foreign labor. Well cheap for the employer since the taxpayers pickup the tab for health care and education.

Mary, you want to compare William Gheen to Bill the butcher, well Madame you fit that roll better. While sitting in your comfortable home thinking of new ways to slander someone, you seem quite comfortable throwing an illegal immigrant into, lets see, how did you say it? Oh yea, “Many of those jobs are hard, dirty, repetitive and dangerous.â€
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a juvenile hit piece. Did a google search on her past articles. Why did she climb out her hole and write this article? There is more going on here than is obvious. Me thinks ALIPAC has hit a nerve. Keep up the great work ALIPAC! W. Gheen and ALIPAC is all about illegal immigration and nothing to do with race or legal immigration.

Oh, and who really reads the newspaper anyway? We discontinued it years ago. Its the new media we consume and support. This website has many millions of hits every month. The Observer dreams of that kind of viewership.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Much more sent to my email, sorry for the delay getting them up here...

[quote]Dear “Responsible Adultsâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am very honored and humbled to see that our friend DA King from Georgia has sent this in as well!

Dear editor:

How convenient for Mary Schulken to use the age -old, but quite transparent, smear in using another man's words to marginalize William Gheen.

We guess that an equal application of American laws - even for illegal residents who are Hispanic - conflicts with Ms. Schulkens' feelings about those pesky, no doubt anti-human rights, American borders.

In his honesty and courage, Gheen represents the ultimate threat to the far left elite who cannot, or will not, recognize the difference between immigrants and those who illegally enter Ben Franklins' fading Republic where we once had defended, defined borders, a rule of law and that no doubt "nativist" common language.

Nevermind the alleged "war on terror".

While political candidates promise "more jobs for Americans" and "increased homeland security", legislation that serves to protect America and we stubborn Americans and legal residents from the ravages of terrorism and black market tax-payer subsidized labor - and the profiteering open borders crowd - is not "anti-immigrant'. The easily recognized reality is that real immigrants do not require another amnesty.

The campaign donating criminal employers somehow go unmentioned in Sculkens transparent swipe at the majority of Americans that do not share her leftist and un-American 'feelings'.

In her effort to create a climate of fear, Ms. Schulken must be beside herself in her group-imposed silence regarding the fact that Mexico actually enforces its own immigration and employment laws. Apparently, a job Schulken will not do.

On a ten point reason scale, Schulken gets a "YUCK"

D.A. King
    2984 Lowe Trail
    Marietta, Ga. 30066

King is president of the Dustin Inman Society, a Georgia-based coalition opposed to open borders. www.thedustininmansociety.org

Just wanted you to know I received this from my 85 year old mother who lives in Atlanta: And when she says she wrote a nasty letter, she means it, lol.

I sent a e-mail to your Charlotte newspaper and gave hell to the woman who called Gheen a racist. Wrote her a real nasty. Mom

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast