Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They did not post the full article and they should have posted the responses of everyone who sent them letters. What a joke. No wonder Newspaper revenues are din the toilet.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I'd like to see some sort of update here on if that woman who wrote the lies is fired or at least reprimanded...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dear Ms. Schulken and Editors of the Charlotte Observer;

I found your reference comparing Mr. Gheen to “Bill the Butcherâ€

My letter to the Charlotter Observer:

Mary Schulken's article is unwarranted, false and completely shows her ignorance on this issue.

I quote " An estimated 380,000 illegal immigrants live in North Carolina. It's true they broke the law to come here. It's true they put pressure on our publicly funded law enforcement, public schools and health care resources.

But they also perform jobs that are vital to our economy – and our communities. Most of those jobs are hard, dirty, repetitive and dangerous. That's why most of us don't want to do them. "

She MUST be kidding? 380,000 ILLEGAL aliens, all who broke laws to get here, many who commit ID theft against LEGAL tax-paying citizens, many who do not come close to paying their fair share of taxes. Many who abuse and tout our laws then want the same laws to protect them even though they are here illegally? Many who abuse what even they call "FREE HEALTHCARE by overwhelming the ER's, Many who have an anchor baby and then go on public assistance at a cost to the legal tax-paying citizens.

She is basically saying that they should perform these jobs vital to our economy, meanwhile, they are jobs that one does not pay taxes on, that are low paying because of the supply for CHEAP illegal labor. IF there were no illegal aliens, by simple economics wages would rise.

She owes the People of Charlotte and the People of NC an apology for thinking that they, as legal citizens should be footing the bill for a broken immigration policy.

She should get her facts straight and stop trying to paint those who simply wants LAWS followed as racist. WE are tired of the Race Card when in fact is has nothing to do with race. Perhaps she should research the organization of LEGAL hispanics Americans "You Don't Speak for Me" and see what they say? Maybe you should research La Raza (translated as The Race) to see what those radical ILLEGAL aliens supporters think?

I assure you, I am not racist, I assure you I am college educated and I assure you that the MAJORITY of legal Americans are tired of hearing about those here ILLEGALLY deserving anything for FREE. It is a slap in the face to those that DO work hard and come here LEGALLY.

The open borders has their minions who do their bidding via the media. Janell Ross who writes for a Tennessee paper always writes slanted pieces and sob stories for the illegal aliens. She generally uses children and separation as her key topics when it comes to illegal aliens. She also uses an open borders group for back up comments. In the recent Pilgrims Pride raids she spoke of all of the inconveniences and impact upon those who STOLE the identities of American citizens, which may include children. She never wrote or pondered what dramatic effect these thefts have on the people who are the victims. American citizens may now be criminals, owing taxes, having their social security interrupted, their credit ruined because of the illegal actions of illegal aliens. Then there are the dollars involved to try to correct the theft.

When you see the word racist being used, it is just the other side trying to scare the American people into silence. They are getting a different response as the many comments and letters suggest.

Thank you for writing donrob.

Romans 5:8
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To call Ann's Office at the Charlotte Observer you must type in first four letters of last name. "CAUL" and it went straight to her office.

Why is it that she (Mary )has stooped so low to call people names and why is it that she and others do not speak about or write about the citizens whose identities that these illegal aliens steal. The rest was basically the comments above. The assistant was very polite and said that she would give Ann the message.

Main number:
    The Charlotte Observer -
    (704) 358-5000

Give them a call.

Romans 5:8
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Can't Stand the Truth?

This is what I emailed Ms. Schulken. Like I'm sure she really cares what I or any of the rest of us think.

Ms. Schulken,
    In your article "This tide of meanness needs to stop " you likened Mr. Gheen from ALI-Pac to William “Bill the Butcherâ€

W, here's my letter which I emailed to ALL of them, including Mary Shulken:

Dear Sir:

I am a legal immigrant from Southeast Asia. I am a minority, both racially and in gender. I have a bachelor's degree in History-Political Science, graduated with honors. I am also a member of ALIPAC.

I do not understand what Ms. Shulken is saying, likening William Gheen of ALIPAC with William “Bill the Butcherâ€
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

[quote="Ex_OC"]W, here's my letter which I emailed to ALL of them, including Mary Shulken:

Dear Sir:

I am a legal immigrant from Southeast Asia. I am a minority, both racially and in gender. I have a bachelor's degree in History-Political Science, graduated with honors. I am also a member of ALIPAC.

I do not understand what Ms. Shulken is saying, likening William Gheen of ALIPAC with William “Bill the Butcherâ€

This tide of meanness needs to stop

Rick Thames, Editor
    Ann Caulkins, President and Publisher
    Ed Williams Editor of Editorial

This tide of meanness needs to stop

Charlotte Observer | 06/05/2008 | This tide of meanness needs to stop http://www.charlotte.com/409/story/654433.html

MARY SCHULKEN
    THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER
    GOLDEN GLOBES
    Thursday, June 5, 2008

The above article written by your Editor Mary Schulken is despicable, hateful, untrue, race-baiting, antagonistic use of the race card and the word racist and a pure violation of the first amendment right, which carries the responsibility of truth.

The word racist is used to demonize those who disagree in a debate you're not winning and to shut down freedom of speech in an attempt to get one's way. And to suggest someone is a murderer seems to me a superior reason to sue for defamation.

We as citizens and Legal Immigrants have every right to security, a lawful nation, our civil rights and citizen's rights to be compulsory. Whether Mary shares the same patriotism or ideals I don't care, what I do care about is she is using her position, which should be unbiased representing The Charlotte Observer and her speech should be with responsibility, not hate and lies.

The Charlotte Observer as other media have the responsibility to report the truth about the illegal alien debate including: the nature of the pro-amnesty movement, reporting on the true impact amnesty will have and is having on the American citizens, the truthful use of statistics and terms.

As a member of the media, you have the power to affect the national debate. And have a responsibility to communicate the truth to the American people. Mary hurts any valid debate in this process and your paper gives her a platform for hate and the avenue to harm members of this family.

As a concerned citizen, I am outraged a devious member of your paper's staff is allowed to write and post such vicious, fictitious, defaming lies about a man William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC) who is truly an American who works for the national interest of this Country, its Citizens and Legal immigrants.
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast