Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Viridiana Martinez got all Jerry Spring style on me near the end there didn't she? Started talking all snappy like she was going to snap her fingers, jump up, and tell me to talk to the hand.

I had to interrupt her near the end because I knew we were out of time and she started lying to the audience at home claiming I had some kind of angry or upset composure. That just was not true, but she tried to stick to the script.

She was the one that lost her cool a lot more than anything I said.

I felt very cool calm and collected the entire time.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Viridiana Martinez got all Jerry Spring style on me near the end there didn't she? Started talking all snappy like she was going to snap her fingers, jump up, and tell me to talk to the hand.

I had to interrupt her near the end because I knew we were out of time and she started lying to the audience at home claiming I had some kind of angry or upset composure. That just was not true, but she tried to stick to the script.

She was the one that lost her cool a lot more than anything I said.

W
    You sounded cool, calm, and collected.
    She just thinks everybody that's opposed to illegal immigration has to be angry about something. Hmmm, like maybe there's a REASON to be angry?

She just kept saying the same thing about prosperity, using all the buzz words she's heard the rest of them say. I thought you did a GREAT job, AND you managed to get in the last word! I was so glad you stopped her on that "angry" business.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    W
    =============================

Armed with facts, truth, and reality does that for a person.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here's a youtube I found of Viridiana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fbo4NT_p5M

According to her we are oppressors. This is under the video:

Undocumented & Unafraid: Do Not Comply with the BAN!

My name is Viridiana. I am undocumented.

When I was six years old, my father was forced to leave Mexico for the United States. His previous job no longer existed; after the peso devaluation caused by NAFTA, the company he worked for had to shut down. Inflation caused the prices of staple food items like milk and eggs to skyrocket. Jobs became scarce. To continue providing for his family, Daddy was left with no other choice but to leave Mexico for the tobacco fields of North Carolina. A year later, we would reunite with him there -- the place that would become my home. Little did I know that later it would become a holding cell.

My first day of school was anything but easy. Although I was one of only two Hispanic students in the entire school, I managed to assimilate rather quickly. By the third grade I was fluent in English without having taken an ESL course -- ESL courses didn't exist back then. I excelled all through school. I knew one thing: I wanted to attend college. When I got to high school, I knew I needed a solid transcript with the right extracurricular activities and the right courses to get into North Carolina State University. I wanted to study International Relations and work at the United Nations. Recognizing my own obstacles growing up and connecting the dots between them and other struggles made me want to help others, but my dreams were denied. Although I was accepted to NCSU, I could not attend because I am undocumented.

Years later, I've watched my community's hope deteriorate as we continue to be dehumanized through proposed legislation. Our families live in constant fear as established collaborations with La Migra and our local law enforcement agencies continue to expand. The place in which we once felt secure is now specifically targeting undocumented people -- specifically targeting people like my family and I. How did my North Carolina get to this point? When did I start feeling targeted in my own home?

Last year, Senator Kay Hagan became the 41st vote against the DREAM Act. Killing the dreams of 51,000 North Carolinian youth, she has ignored our plight. Today, we are left to deal with the consequences of her inaction. Just two months ago, a bill proposing to ban undocumented youth from public colleges and universities was filed in North Carolina. Following the steps of South Carolina and Georgia, our human right to education is being denied to us under the law. Senator Hagan has yet to send out a public statement on her vote last year.

Remaining in the shadows is not only not an option -- it is no longer acceptable. I'm calling on you, my fellow dreamer, to come out and declare yourself undocumented and unafraid! Lobbying, protesting, and rallying are no longer enough. I'm calling on all dreamers who have been actively pursuing the DREAM -- it's time to escalate! I'm calling on you, friend, supporter, and ally -- it's time to speak out against my oppressors.

Which side are you on? Will you take a stand? Will you speak out with me?

Here's her story from the website given on wunc:

Viridiana Martinez was six years old when she came to America. Viridiana has always served her community and has been a leader for undocumented youth in North Carolina. This past summer, along with two other members of the NC DREAM Team, Viridiana went on a 13-day hunger strike, striving to get Senator Kay Hagan to vote for the DREAM Act. But Senator Hagan ignored their plight and the extremes they were willing to take, voting against the DREAM Act this past December.
    Because of the inaction of so-called leaders, Viridiana is stepping up and taking action to protect her community.

http:// www. thedreamiscoming. com/viridiana/

(link is broken because it's from the other side)

Mayday, thanks for posting that. Very interesting and enlightening. She said on the air that they were forced to leave Mexico. I see now that she blames the US (NAFTA) for that. She should blame Mexico--no one made them sign NAFTA.

And "DEHUMANIZED"??!! She has no idea....

She said in the interview with W she was brought here when she was 7yrs old!

Totally related!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-234586.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

working4change
    Good Job W!

Great interview W..

Amazing this young lady is an illegal and has been arrezted for civil disobedience in Georgia and she still gets to roam where ever she pleases without fear of deportation.

They all say they pay taxes. I would love for them to produce evidence in this area,thaty they PAY FULL TAXES on all that they do
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

They all say they pay taxes. I would love for them to produce evidence in this area,thaty they PAY FULL TAXES on all that they do
    I believe that a person has prove that they paid something in order claim the unearned income tax credit. W-2 ITN????
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

cae

home?

My home is a lovely house in Az that my husband and I legally purchased.
    According to the illegals it belongs to them because Az once belonged to them. That logic is idiotic because following that logic any homeowner who had their house foreclosed could move right back into the house because it once belonged to them. Along with that it is idiotic to call a place you entered illegally your home so America is not their home. They entered illegally and bascially have been squatting in a country that belongs to those who are here legally stealing the healthcare, education, benefits such as food stamps, ect and the rights that belong to our citizens and still crying because like all thieves they always want to steal more and will continue to do so until they are removed as they should be!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast