Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Perhaps I'm too naive to catch all the nuances of statements made on television interview shows, but I think some folks are giving a "bum rap" to the Oregonian reporter. I don't think he was trying to give a "legal" argument as to the consentuality of poor Dani. Rather it seemed to me he was not certain whether the act was with or without her cooperation.

Taurus, welcome...I think William's statement that she was underage was sufficient in this case. All persons are bound by the laws of this land. Even if she did cooperate, it is still illegal by law. Hence, William presented what I think is the proper view. By the way, that is true in any state, with any one, regardless of race, religion, orientation, etc.

William, sent off to the addresses my concerns and comments. This has got to stop!!!

Taurus

I doubt that her murder was consensual...................

extex

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Perhaps I'm too naive to catch all the nuances of statements made on television interview shows, but I think some folks are giving a "bum rap" to the Oregonian reporter. I don't think he was trying to give a "legal" argument as to the consentuality of poor Dani. Rather it seemed to me he was not certain whether the act was with or without her cooperation.
    It doesn't matter, it was irresponsible reporting to say a child, which had been raped and murdered that could not legally consent to a sex act had possibly done so. The poor "bum rap" reporter that makes a living using the power of words was being delicate to the crimigrants. He should have been more literal and truthful and said the illegal aliens statutory-gang raped and murdered a child. That's what happened, that's the truth and nothing less. The crassest of his comments he might as well have said "she asked for it". That defense really angers me and we know she was a victim of illegal alien criminals.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that during trial testimony, your going to find out that the events before and after her attack were far worse than what we have heard so far.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well all, I sit here reading yesterdays commentary page, and yes William, they did print your letter, although they condensed it.

They ended your letter with "having consensual or non-consensual sex is beyond me". Nothing about you request for an apology to the family or a retraction of his statementson Greta's show.

Although, they did thankfuly include ALIPAC's name and Williams status as president of ALIPAC.

BTW. I am keeping this copy, this is great to see here in Oregon.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Well all, I sit here reading yesterdays commentary page, and yes William, they did print your letter, although they condensed it.

They ended your letter with "having consensual or non-consensual sex is beyond me". Nothing about you request for an apology to the family or a retraction of his statementson Greta's show.

Although, they did thankfuly include ALIPAC's name and Williams status as president of ALIPAC.

Can you find us an online link to the version of my letter they ran? They are not supposed to edit or condense it without my consent.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just looked for it and didn't find it.

It wasn't in either of these locations and I searched for your name.
    http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianopinion/letters
    http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianopinion/

Dixie

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Sorry it is this way with Oregonlive.com. The "Letters to the Editor" are never found on this site for some reason.

Strangely enough, sometimes if you do a general search with keywords in Internet Explorer, you can actually find it, but did not this time.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by extex
    Taurus

I doubt that her murder was consensual...................

extex
    Exactly.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth

Can you find us an online link to the version of my letter they ran? They are not supposed to edit or condense it without my consent.

W
    http://www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/sto ... xml&coll=7
    Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sex wasn't consensual

Reporter Steve Mayes told Greta Van Susteren on Fox News Aug. 13 that Dani Countryman was kissing Gilberto Gamboa earlier in the evening and later they had their pants down as Gilberto called to his cousin Alejandro to help him subdue Dani and that he put his foot on her neck, which strangled her.

Mayes also stated, "If it was consensual or not consensual, that is up in the air." May I remind him that the legal age of consent in the states of Oregon and Texas is 18! Dani Countryman was 15 and Gilberto Gamboa is 23. It is legally impossible for the intercourse or attempted intercourse between them to have been "consensual." How anyone could ever question whether a 15-year-old girl who was fighting back at the time of her murder against two males in their 20s was having consensual or non-consensual sex is beyond me. WILLIAM GHEEN Raleigh, N.C. The writer is president of the Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee.
    This is all they posted.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast