Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Your attention is needed on the Federal level

Friends of ALIPAC,

Big business is at it again in Washington. Groups such as the US Chamber of Commerce and Microsoft are pushing Congress to increase visas such as the H1b and H2b visas.

The H1b visa is a skilled worker visa that allows Microsoft to import more workers from India. The H2b visa is an unskilled worker visa that allows farmers to bring in more laborers. With over 20 million illegal aliens running around in our nation and LEGAL immigration at a historic high of over 1.4 million per year, it is insane that these groups want more, more, more!

H1b visas are only supposed to be used, when an American worker cannot be found for the position. Also, immigrants brought in with an H1b visa are supposed to be paid the same as an American worker. These immigration laws sound good, except there is one major problem.

That problem is that almost none of our existing immigration laws are being enforced. Therefore, big companies are using these visas to replace American workers with H1b visa immigrants that will work for less money!

While ALIPAC supports those who come here legally, we do not favor any LEGAL immigration increase. America allows 1.4 million people to LEGALLY immigrate each year, which is more than any other nation on earth!

Most of our ALIPAC supporters favor holding the line at 1.4 million or reducing legal immigration levels to provide a time out for us to deal with the 20 million here ILLEGALLY.

We know that Americans are in no mood for more immigration, legal or illegal at this time, due to the vast harm illegal immigration has already caused us.

Please read ALIPAC's message to members of Congress and the Senate. We will be sending this message to every elected official.

Please follow these simple steps,

1. Review ALIPAC's Message to Federal lawmakers.
    2. Locate contact information for your member of Congress and two US Senators.
    3. Call in your message by phone to their offices.
    4. Follow-Up by mailing, faxing, or e-mailing a copy of your message in.

Federal Lawmaker Contact Info found at this link...
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-63874.html

ALIPAC's message.

---
    "Honorable Congressman/Senator __________:

I am writing today in response to the news that you are being pressured by special interest groups to increase visa limits to allow companies to bring more foreign workers into America.

I can assure you that Americans are in no mood for any increases in immigration, considering the disastrous conditions that the non-enforcement and under enforcement of our existing immigration laws are causing. America already allows over 1.4 million people to immigrate each year, which is more than any other nation in the world!

Currently, there is very little regulation or enforcement being conducted to assure that Americans are protected by existing laws that deal with visa workers. Over half of the illegal aliens in America have entered the US with temporary visa's and failed to leave when their time was up.

Until the Federal government can rebuild some sense of immigration enforcement credibility, all lawmakers should disregard these appeals from big companies asking for more imported labor.

We need you to protect American lives, jobs, wages, and taxes by saying no to any visa increase requests and saying yes to immigration law enforcement.

Please tell Mr. Bill Gates and the others that they are no more or less important that the average US Citizen, when it comes to influencing Congress. Please stand with America's citizens on this issue instead of big business.

We are watching closely, we vote, and we will be voting against any lawmaker who sells out Americans by voting to increase immigration levels."

---

UPDATES

Thank you for your help with ALIPAC's Spring Fundraiser. We are very close to reaching our goals! There is still time to participate via our SECURE ONLINE CONTRIBUTIONS PAGE AT....

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9

----

State Battle Calls are needed in the following states, where we have motion on our bills. Please follow the links for specific news and instructions, if you have some time to help with these campaigns.

FLORIDA
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-58952.html

South Carolina
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-58946.html

Kansas
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-58979.html

Missouri
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-58949.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Most of our ALIPAC supporters favor holding the line at 1.4 million or reducing legal immigration levels to provide a time out for us to deal with the 20 million here ILLEGALLY.
    I'm part of the camp that favors a reduction of legal immigration. I think 300 million people is enough. IMO, Immigration levels and births should combine to provide for replacement levels only. At what point does the potential quality of life for our children suffer? Yes, I'm suggesting that point has been reached. Our environment can't support an infinite number of bodies. Heck, we're already the 3rd most populated country in the world. Furthermore, we're the 3rd largest in area, which means we're pobably right were we need to be.

BY AREA
    1 RUSSIA
    2 CANADA
    3 USA
    4 CHINA
    5 BRAZIL

BY POPULATION
    1 CHINA
    2 INDIA
    3 USA
    4 INDONESIA
    5 BRAZIL

Thanks for the letter, William.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm part of the camp that favors a reduction of legal immigration. I think 300 million people is enough.
    MW, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but...

That was last year's population estimate. The US population is now 303,500,000 approximately:

I think 303,500,000 is enough. <...sigh>
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    PhredE wrote:

MW, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but...

That was last year's population estimate. The US population is now 303,500,000 approximately:

I think 303,500,000 is enough. <...sigh>
    Thanks for the correction.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was pleased to see ALIPAC apparently expanding its scope a bit. I've always believed that it is impossible to get illegal immigration contained as long as legal immigration is excessive as they do indeed feed one another. It seems that the open border groups (and La Raza specifically) are becoming successful in instilling the thought that those who oppose illegal immigration are evil, but those who oppose any restrictions on legal immigration are super evil. So, by addressing only illegal immigration, we fall into their trap of eventually turning the whole world into legal U.S. residents/citizens -- well, the part of the world that they are concerned about, at least.

We often hear people ranting and raving (as they probably should be) about sending our jobs overseas to foreign workers; but nothing is usually said about the mass importation of foreign workers to fill our jobs which has the same effect of putting us out of work and eroding the U.S. middle class. Actually, the importation is worse because we wreck our environment and deplete our resources in addition to losing jobs.

It's nonsense to think that we can have an infinitely growing economy supported by, and in turn required to support, an infinitely growing population because essential resources, like food and water, aren't infinite. And, it's good to save some space for the ducks and deer, too.

Incidentally, I've read some very believable articles that say our U.S. population is really closer to 320 million right now. The official undercount is due in part to counting errors, but perhaps even more due to the government not wanting us to know how fast the population is really growing.

MW: UBetcha!

BlueHills: Yes, very good points. You do know about Roy Beck's "Gumballs Video' posted on YouTube, yes?

If you haven't seen it, well, here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyTmClBU7nA

It's posted in 2 parts, each being about 7 minutes in duration.
    Highly recommended in that it addresses the overall immigration growth to legal AND illegal immigration. For about the last 10 years or so, the numbers added from illegal immigration has outpaced the number entering legally; but, we still admit overall 1 million each year via legal entry.

Thanks, PhredE.

No, I haven't seen the Gumballs Video, but will take a look at it.