Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    I think we moved at the right time with mostly the right message to throw the opposition into damage control.
    I think your assessment is spot on, if the MSM is in spin cycle then a nerve was struck. This story spread very rapidly and is still a hot topic of debate even on popular liberal forums, in other words... Great Job!
    I like that bulldogger "a nerve was struck." Ummmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One more thing...didn't Obama tell all of us that "words are important and words have meaning"? I want to know just what he meant by those 11 little words..."You need to make sure that YOUR child can speak Spanish"! What is the meaning of these 11 little words, Mr. Obama? Please tell us!

Obama said:
    You Need To Make Sure Your Child Can Speak Spanish
    Call it semantics, but Obama's phraseology is the reason for the public outcry. Miswording an intention has brought down many politicians. "YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE" is a control phrase. What listeners understood from this phrase is that Obama is TELLING US WE MUST TEACH OUR KIDS SPANISH, leaving NO ROOM FOR PERSONAL CHOICE.

He goes on to say: "We should have every child speaking more than one language." My comment to that is WHY? Speaking another language is no guarantee of success. Does Bill Gates speak Spanish? How about Warren Buffet? Sam Walton? It is a non sequitor.

And Obama's analogy is ridiculous. How many Americans have traveled around the world, speaking only English and they got along just fine! Is that the best argument Obama can come up with, that we need to learn another language so when we travel we don't look stupid? OH GIMME A BREAK.

I find it distasteful that a Presidential nominee would have the audacity to intrude into my personal life in the matter of languages. As a legal immigrant, I was required to learn English BY THE US GOVT, so I did. AND NOW OBAMA IS TELLING ME I SHOULD LEARN SPANISH AS WELL???? For my own good? I DON'T THINK SO. The reason for my success here in the US is PRECISELY BECAUSE I LEARNED TO SPEAK, READ, AND WRITE ENGLISH. If I wanted to learn Spanish, I would've migrated to Spain.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

I found it very offensive for him to choose one foreign language,spanish,as the language children should learn.

If he said children should learn a foreign language then I would say ok it might be a good idea but he didn't and then he tried to cover his butt later.

BTW I am an Independent and vote for the candidate NOT the party.

Most MSM's are not reporting what he really said and are covering for him.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

didn't Obama tell all of us that "words are important and words have meaning"?
    And yes they do. Right now we are expected to know what they ment to say....or got lost in translation from what someone else said....or assumptions based on nothing. Not to mention translations from other languages.

Now more than ever exact communication is mandatory.

LOL.....he's talkin like a woman.....what's wrong?.....nothin. Meaning something is very wrong and if you loved me you'd know. If I say nothing, I mean something. Spent a long time expecting someone to tell me exactly what they mean because I'm tired of second guessing.....and right now more than ever.....words are extreemly important because this endless dance of confusion and loopholes leaves no-one to know what's going on.

Right now.....it's hard to ignore all the signs of the Mexican influence of all this. Play it straight so we know what we're fighting. Heck the Carribean Islands have been given a time table to adjust to illegal immigration and exactly what the deal is......we haven't. They've done to us the same they've done to the UK, Australia and Canada.....you're racist, zenophobic, lazy, stupid and whatever other game they can play so we ignore the real intention.

I feel like they expect me to play the stupid wife who just didn't have a clue that her husband was cheating on them. Late nights at work, sudden secrecy, late phone calls from "no-one" that last for hours, a new smelling perfume, motel rooms and restaurant bills on the charge cards, calling someone elses name out during private moments, alot of time and concern spent on Jill at the office, gifts found in the closet you never got.......but no...you're crazy, it's your insecurity talking...blah...till it all comes to a head and someone askes....were you STUPID? ...the signs were all there....right in your face and you did nothing.

We are being degraded for seeing what IS happening and speaking Spanish was no mistake. Freudian slip possible....but the slip of the truth, none the less.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Any one that matters knows what this is all about,sad to say that the people that rely on the msm to tell them how to think about issues will just follow what ever they tell them to.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Obama and Sapnish Language.

ALIPAC is doing a wonderful job. However, I have gone over his statement very carefully. It is as follows on this topic:

"Instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English, they'll learn English, you need to make sure your child can speak Sapnish."

In the context of a rambling speech this is a very accurate quotation of what he said.

This must be repeated exactly as he stated it. Not even leaving out the "they"ll learn English" part no matter how bogus this is.

If we do not do this we will be attacked for taking his speech and not reporting it accurately. We have all the ammunition we need by his dumb comments- but we must be careful.[/b][/i]

UB

[quote]But even as he said he wanted his daughters to learn Spanish, he also acknowledged: “When I see Mexican flags waved at pro-immigration demonstrations, I sometimes feel a flush of patriotic resentment. When I’m forced to use a translator to communicate with the guy fixing my car, I feel a certain frustration.â€
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    didn't Obama tell all of us that "words are important and words have meaning"?
    And yes they do. Right now we are expected to know what they ment to say....or got lost in translation from what someone else said....or assumptions based on nothing. Not to mention translations from other languages.

Now more than ever exact communication is mandatory.

LOL.....he's talkin like a woman.....what's wrong?.....nothin. Meaning something is very wrong and if you loved me you'd know. If I say nothing, I mean something. Spent a long time expecting someone to tell me exactly what they mean because I'm tired of second guessing.....and right now more than ever.....words are extreemly important because this endless dance of confusion and loopholes leaves no-one to know what's going on.

Right now.....it's hard to ignore all the signs of the Mexican influence of all this. Play it straight so we know what we're fighting. Heck the Carribean Islands have been given a time table to adjust to illegal immigration and exactly what the deal is......we haven't. They've done to us the same they've done to the UK, Australia and Canada.....you're racist, zenophobic, lazy, stupid and whatever other game they can play so we ignore the real intention.

I feel like they expect me to play the stupid wife who just didn't have a clue that her husband was cheating on them. Late nights at work, sudden secrecy, late phone calls from "no-one" that last for hours, a new smelling perfume, motel rooms and restaurant bills on the charge cards, calling someone elses name out during private moments, alot of time and concern spent on Jill at the office, gifts found in the closet you never got.......but no...you're crazy, it's your insecurity talking...blah...till it all comes to a head and someone askes....were you STUPID? ...the signs were all there....right in your face and you did nothing.

We are being degraded for seeing what IS happening and speaking Spanish was no mistake. Freudian slip possible....but the slip of the truth, none the less.

Do we believe Obama and the MSM, or our 'lying eyes (and ears)'! The Lefties on MSM are crazy-makers and spinners, but thanks to Al Gore's invention, the internet, we can pull up every word ever uttered by every politician and throw it back in their faces. The problem is...most of the sheeple are too lazy to do any research or independent thinking, and half of them shouldn't be allowed to vote! MSM is doing a great job of dumbing down America...which is what they're getting paid to do!

It's a dig at Americans and a pander to illegals. It's like saying, "Hey you've been hounding these nice people to learn English, and they will, so you need to learn Spanish, so quit hounding them and learn Spanish."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast