Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

$110 Million In Obama's Budget For E-Verify?

Did I miss something, or is this true?

Dear --------

Thank you for contacting me about the E-Verify program. I share your support for this program.

As you know, the Senate has debated legislation regarding the serious problems with our nation's immigration system. I have consistently voted for tough enforcement provisions and for the resources necessary to secure our borders. In addition, I opposed amnesty and Social Security benefits for illegal immigrants.

The E-Verify system compares information provided on employment forms to system databases maintained by the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security to help companies avoid hiring ineligible workers. In fact, I use the E-Verify system in my own office. You will be pleased to know that President Obama included $110 million in his budget request to continue the expansion and operation of the E-Verify system. As Congress continues debating the budget, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did we miss 110 million for E-Verify? When? I have to read this...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It could be used on a continuation to September and we would still have to fight for long term renewal.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gee and I wonder.....who is going to pay for this???
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

It's something for something in this world. Government is simply an extension of community in a complex world. If we have to pay for E-Verify, it'll be money very well spent.