Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: â€

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As an American, this "holiday" means nothing to me. To most Amercians, it is nothing more than an excuse to drink and get $hitfaced. I can do that ANY day of the year!!!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Everybody I know hides during Cinco de Mayo. I was in a store yesterday and the clerk was saying she was glad she was off Monday. I asked her why Monday? She said, "Cinco de Mayo. It gets crazy around here and I'm going to stay home and do my washing so I don't get run over or robbed."
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Heard about this celebration for decades in this state and it's always just been another day for me.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Heard about this celebration for decades in this state and it's always just been another day for me.
    Did it already go by?
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I think it is very funny!! Think about it, the Mexicans Celebrate "ONE" victory in battle...Make a National Holiday out of it, and NOW bring it to this Country?
    Why dont we make the victory at the Bulge a Holiday? Or maybe Midway? HELL, I bet we could FILL THE CALENDER WITH VICTORIES IN BATTLE!
    These people make me SICK...Simply PATHETIC!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

What makes me sick is all the flyers from American gorcery stores with "Happy Cincho De Mayo" all over them. Pandering at it's finest and riding the coat tails of an un-American holiday just to make a buck.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yeah if we had our own celebrations , we would be called
    " RACIEST "
    We ar always called RACIEST when we want something.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    What makes me sick is all the flyers from American gorcery stores with "Happy Cincho De Mayo" all over them. Pandering at it's finest and riding the coat tails of an un-American holiday just to make a buck.
    And this is what makes ME sick. So sick I won't post the entire story, just the links.

Bush praises Mexican Americans at Cinco de Mayo dinner
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080506/ap_ ... _mayo_bush
    snip:
    "He said Cinco de Mayo is a chance to prove the two countries are "connected by more than geography." He referred correctly to the day, Cinco de Mayo, in other parts of his brief speech.

"We share an interest in making sure our people are prosperous and safe," Bush said of Mexico. "In America, we deeply value the culture and contributions of Mexican Americans. The United States is a richer place, a more vibrant place because people who claim Mexican heritage are now called United States citizens. ... We consider ourselves fortunate that Mexico is a friend and a neighbor."
    Statement by John McCain on Cinco de Mayo and Announcement of New Spanish Website
    http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/New ... 7e69fb.htm

snip:
    "Cinco de Mayo commemorates an important moment in the history of Mexico's path to freedom. On this day in 1862, a small group of Mexican troops overcame overwhelming force to win the Battle of Puebla. Today, we join together to remember the sacrifice that these Mexican patriots endured, as well as the struggles of all those around the world striving for freedom. We recognize as well the important friendship that exists between our country and Mexico, and celebrate the many contributions Mexican-Americans have made to our society, culture, security and economy."

"The Cinco de Mayo statement can now also be found on the Spanish section of the official campaign website at http://espanol.johnmccain.com, which the campaign launched today. This part of the website will feature regular updates in Spanish throughout the election."

I'M GLAD IT'S OVER!
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

"We share an interest in making sure our people are prosperous and safe," Bush said of Mexico. "In America, we deeply value the culture and contributions of Mexican Americans. The United States is a richer place, a more vibrant place because people who claim Mexican heritage are now called United States citizens. ... We consider ourselves fortunate that Mexico is a friend and a neighbor."
    WTF!?! What PLANET is this guy from??? Mexicans here legally-no problemo.
    Illegals-get out! There is not one good thing about them being here!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    I think it is very funny!! Think about it, the Mexicans Celebrate "ONE" victory in battle...Make a National Holiday out of it, and NOW bring it to this Country?
    Why dont we make the victory at the Bulge a Holiday? Or maybe Midway? HELL, I bet we could FILL THE CALENDER WITH VICTORIES IN BATTLE!
    These people make me SICK...Simply PATHETIC!
    Wanna laugh even harder? ONE town in Mexico called Puebla fought the FRENCH Army (talk about an oxymoron) over a hundred years ago. ONE town and the rest of mexico doesn't even acknowledge stinko de mayo!

I mean c'mon, they beat the FRENCH ARMY!!! Did the French army win any battles? Wasn't this the the ONLY battle the Mexican army ever won? Wait, maybe it was the Puebla army? The whole thing is a joke!!! ROFL!
    "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast