Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'll just name a few things off the top of my head for now. Bootsie has stated some good points like the myth that illegals only take jobs that Americans don't want. That's a complete lie. I, as a welder, have been replaced a couple times by illegals who weld and were willing to do my job for far less than what I was making. I experienced this firsthand. Welding is a skilled trade which used to pay good money years ago before we started getting swarmed by illegals who started stealing these jobs and lowering wages.

I also had a hard time finding a welding position in between these times when my job was given to illegals because when I would go to apply at these other places for a welding postion, I would notice that the majority of the people working there would be Mexicans (most likely illegal). They would either not hire me because I wasn't an illegal who they knew they could hire for cheap, or I wouldn't take their ridiculous offers of welding for $6.00 an hour.

I have friends who have families to support who made good money in construction. Now that these construction jobs are being invaded by illegals, their wages have dropped drastically. And these are jobs that Americans want and need to support their families. The myth that illegals only take jobs that Americans don't want is a complete lie.

I know people in other trades who are laid off or don't work that much because their trades have been decimated by the flood of illegals. The companies these skilled tradesmen work for can't compete with the bids on jobs that come from companies who employ cheap illegal Mexican labor. Therefore, all these jobs in the skilled trades are going to illegals instead of our citizens who need these jobs to support their families.

Hmmm, besides stealing jobs and lowering wages, in other words, lowering our standard of living, what else is their?

How about skyrocketing medical care costs due to illegals overtaxing our system and not having to pay for their medical care which is passed on to the American taxpayer.

How about that matricula consular which banks accept in order to give loans to illegals so they can buy a house and gain a foothold here and how it is illegal for banks to do this but still do it?

How about the government sponsored programs which are meant for poor Americans but are being taken advantage of by illegal Mexicans?

Remittances of Money to other country's. The money is not staying in the American economy.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Quote Originally Posted by Scubayons
    Remittances of Money to other country's. The money is not staying in the American economy.
    That's also a good point. I saw on the news just yesterday a news story of all the illegals who flooded into New Orleans to take all the newly created jobs. They also showed these illegals standing in long lines at Western Unions to send most of their money to Mexico. They were saying how the money these illegals were making could help the New Orleans economy by being spent in New Orleans but that it wasn't helping one bit because most of that money was sent to Mexico

These newly created jobs by the government could be going to the natives New Orleanites, who are mostly unemployed, to help them get their lives back together. These New Orleanites would also be helping to get the economy in New Orleans going again by spending their money in New Orleans instead of having it sent to Mexico by these illegals who went there to steal all those jobs from the natives of New Orleans.

These illegals are profitting immensely by this tragedy, and they are making the situation for the natives of New Orleans even worse by going there to steal jobs which should be going to them and also taking that money which would otherwise be helping to boost the local economy and sending it to Mexico.

And our traitor president, Bush, is helping to make all of this possible for the illegals stealing jobs in New Orleans. Here is an excerpt from an article here on ALIPAC's website titled "Katrina and Illegal Immigration.

On Sept. 8, Bush issued an executive order lifting the Davis-Bacon Act mandating that construction workers on federal contracts be paid at least the average wage in the region. The decision was followed days later by a Homeland Security Department announcement that it will not apply sanctions toward employers who hire people unable to provide proper documentation.
    Here is the link to the article.

http://www.alipac.us/article752.html

And all the while the New Orleaneans are living on the charity of other people in other states...unable to go home..unable to work there...living hand to mouth...while the illegals take their jobs...this is pitiful..

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Roadrunner
    think that everyone should be informed about the threats to the safety of our Border Patrol, the condition of their vehicles and vests and other equipment....
    This is comparable to the lack of proper equipment and lack of a sufficient number of personnel that Dumsfeld went in to Iraq with. It needs to be pointed out how dangerous it is for anyone, whether authorities or all citizens, to be anywhere near that border now. A posting on this website just yesterday quoted Chertoff as saying that citizens should stay away from the border. But what does our government propose to do about this?? Not only is the border itself not secure, but anyone who lives within several miles either side of the border is in danger, according to Dept of Homeland Insecurity. Is our government telling us now that we as Americans, even those who have ranches or homes in this danger zone,should just abandon property, and our rights, because this government is incabable (or unwilling) to uphold our rights as Americans? [/quote]

William, my contribution to your top 10 would be the dumbing down of education in American schools to accommodate the English learners.

You may also want to look at figures of how much additional tax money is demanded nationwide to put all the additional kids through school.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

William, my contribution to your top 10 would be the dumbing down of education in American schools to accommodate the English learners.
    And whether these children of illegals are actually learning English. It has gotten so that some public schools are being forced to educate ALL children bilingually, in Spanish (or perhaps Korean or Tagalog) and English. So we are in some school districts forcing American kids who are English speakers to learn a foreign language, just to level the playing field so to speak, knock the American kids down a notch or two so they are as confused as the non-English speakers. Plus add to that, some school districts are forced, by lawsuits, to educate all students in "Latin Culture" so they will be brainwashed to be more sympathetic to immigrants and illegals. In other words, condition our school kids to appreciate the virtues of mostly third-world cultures.

legal4--what concerns ME the most is that they AREN'T teaching Korean or Swahili or Chinese, etc. It is ALWAYS SPANISH and that is discrimination plain and simple.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

legal4--what concerns ME the most is that they AREN'T teaching Korean or Swahili or Chinese, etc. It is ALWAYS SPANISH and that is discrimination plain and simple.
    Absolutely. And if I ever successfully navigate through the legal immigration process to bring my wife and kids from the Philippines to Washington State, these kids could be forced into a bilingual education setting in public schools, with half the classes taught in English and half the classes in Spanish. Now my kids have a working knowledge of two indigenous Philippine languages, Ilocano and Tagalog. Also, they have a basic knowledge of English, because English is part of the curriculum in elementary schools in Philippines. Now if they immigrate to the US, it would be nice if they got completely immersed in English. But the benevolent powers that be in Washington State public education may force them into Spanish/English bilingual ed and education in "Latino Culture". Given that I would rather have them learn English, and American culture, I will opt for homeschooling before I allow that to happen. (could I possibly be disgusted that I would still have to pay taxes to support public education, even if the system will not serve my kids)It definately is discrimmination that our public education system is serving the needs of Spanish speaking students only in most cases, while ignoring the needs of other immigrant children (as well as taking away so many resources to educated American students) And note here too that so many other nations where legal immigrants to the US originate, such as Philippines, China, Vietnam, India, are teaching English in their schools, while Mexico and many other Latin American countries doggedly refuse to educate in English, even though so many of their people are encouraged to head for our border.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast