Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

11 people who seemed shocked — shocked! — to hear about Obamacare penalties this week

11 people who seemed shocked — shocked! — to hear about Obamacare penalties this week

Posted at 2:17 pm on October 3, 2013 by Twitchy Staff | View Comments

Sinsere Amir @SinsereAmir
    I didnt know if you dnt have insurance that the gov. will fine you $95!! Dammmmnnn!
    4:48 PM - 2 Oct 2013

Surprise!

If these people aren’t joking, it looks like Obama and his media bridesmaids did a heckuva job getting the word out about Obamacare penalties. Fancy that.

Sure, people heard all about “health care for all” from their favorite celebs, but did they hear about what happens if you choose to go without health insurance? They have now.

Hey, baby, do you not have health insurance? ‘Cause you’ve got “fine” written all over you.

Terrance Martyr @BrokenVessel_
    So if I dont have ObamaCare in 2 months I get Fines ???? Yea that will help with the already severe financial situation
    4:45 PM - 2 Oct 2013

Kevin Hume @TSL_KHume7
    What's all this noise about if I don't get the health insurance then The government is gonna take my income taxes?
    8:30 AM - 1 Oct 2013

Taernyll ebooks @TaeSalsa
    So I have places telling me if I don't get insurance on ACA, I'm going to get fined? But I make no money. Whatttttt's the deal?
    3:19 AM - 1 Oct 2013

So if you don't have a health insurance plant and don't get #Obamacare you will be fined? That doesn't seem like a Free Country's law…….—
    Michael N. (@Mic_Nas89) October 02, 2013

@MsHooahGal
    It's okay if we don't get ObamaCare but we'll be fined for that in the future? Seriously? What the ****.
    11:17 AM - 2 Oct 2013

Gabriel. @supertrvmp
    Wait I just found out I have to pay a $95 fine if I choose not to enroll in Obamacare because I don't have health insurance. This is ****ed.
    2:16 AM - 2 Oct 2013

_MarkGT_ @EstradaAMark
    Wait...so wtf does that mean for the younger generation? A mandatory $95 fine for no insurance?
    1:08 AM - 1 Oct 2013

Seriously?! A $95 fine if I don't have health insurance by jan. 1?—
    justin. † (@justineatzombie) September 30, 2013

Francisco Padilla @ifrankyy
    So you're telling me if I don't get Obamacare, by the end of 2014 I could get PENALIZED??
    11:11 AM - 1 Oct 2013

Juan C. Negrete @UTSAMarineVet09
    So according to Obamacare, I'll be penalized if I don't get medical insurance.... Hmmm. Wow
    5:26 PM - 1 Oct 2013

Exit question: How many of them voted for Obama?

245 comments

http://twitchy.com/2013/10/03/11-peo...ies-this-week/

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-03-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Marketplace Shoppers Must Pay 1st Premium By Dec. 15

By Phil Galewitz
    SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2013, 5:56 PM

Correction: An earlier version of this item misstated the forms of payment insurers are required to accept for plans sold on insurance marketplaces. The only required forms of payment are personal checks, electronic fund transfers, prepaid debit cards, cashier’s checks and money orders. Insurers may also opt to accept other forms of payment, such as credit cards.

When consumers start shopping for coverage through new federally run health insurance exchanges on Tuesday, they will be asked dozens of questions before they are shown what health plans are available and how much they cost.

HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

Then, to finalize their enrollment, they must contact the private insurer and pay their first monthly premium.
    If enrollees don’t pay their insurer by Dec. 15, they will not have coverage that takes effect Jan. 1, federal health officials said Monday. If they miss that first deadline, however, open enrollment runs through March 2014.
    The disclosure that consumers will need to contact and pay insurers before their coverage can go into effect came as federal health officials for the first time showed off the online exchange process at www.healthcare.gov. The system is slated to go live at 8 a.m. ET Tuesday.
    The federal government is running the online marketplaces in 34 states; Sixteen have built their own systems, which may be set up differently, using federal money from the Affordable Care Act.
    On the federal website, consumers have to fill in their name, age, email address, ZIP code, estimated 2014 income and then answer questions about other household members and whether they file taxes jointly or individually, if they smoke regularly or have recently moved or changed jobs. The federal officials spent nearly 35 minutes showing how the process would work for a family of three looking for coverage.
    While the exchange process may appear burdensome, it is common for people today buying insurance to have to compete a lengthy applications including providing a detailed medical history. They no longer have to provide any health information.
    Sarah Lueck, a policy analyst at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, said the key point for consumers to remember is that once they have selected and enrolled in a plan, they may have only a short period to pay the insurer.
    The law requires insurers to accept personal checks, electronic fund transfers, prepaid debit cards, cashier’s checks and money orders, she said.
    “Be aware there is a deadline, and if you miss it, there could be situations where your coverage is affected,” Lueck said.
    Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said that regardless of whether the federal government is shut down as a result of Congress’ budget impasse, the new exchanges will open. However, in a briefing with reporters, she acknowledged there will be additional glitches in coming weeks and months. Already, the Spanish version of the website and the exchange for small employers have been delayed several weeks.
    “We know opponents are desperate for anything that could go wrong,” Sebelius said, noting that she hoped the public would give the administration time to work out the kinks the same way it does when Apple has to upgrade its software. She also pleaded with reporters not to make final judgments on the exchanges after one week.
    “We are on the eve of history, and I’m very excited,” she said.
    Sebelius said the administration will ramp up its promotional efforts starting Tuesday, including using celebrity pitchmen, social media and traditional television advertising.
    Singer Katy Perry is one celebrity in the campaign, but federal health officials declined to disclose others.
    Sebelius said it is not surprising the public is confused about the health law and unaware of many of its benefits, because political opponents have spent $400 million on negative ads compared to $75 million in ads supporting the law.
    THIS ENTRY WAS POSTED ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2013 AT 5:56 PM.

http://capsules.kaiserhealthnews.org...-takes-effect/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)