Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What I wouldnt pay (from my savings, no less) for a face to face crash course in economics from Judy!

I was lucky in that I was able to pay off (and close out) all my credit card accounts two years ago, thanks to a modest ineritence. My only creditor now is my mortage company..period! My mantra now....if I cant pay cash...I dont buy.

I feel sorry all for middle class folks that made the grave mistake of signing home equity loans in the last year or two.

Jack's right, James. We are taking the broad view of immigration and globalization. They work hand in hand. Big business and corrupt government are fostering illegal immigration and staunchly resist any practical moves to stop it, such as putting the military on the borders, which is so logical it begs to be done. But do you think our gov will do it? Maybe, when pigs sprout wings and go flying through the sky.

There is a lot of money being made by a very few people and illegal immigration is the machine that drives it. We are importing cheap labor and exporting good jobs. The American worker is caught in the middle.

These folks that are being laid off at G.M. are just the latest example.

By the way, welcome to our merry little band.
    When we gonna wake up?

No matter how you stretch it Jack, Global Economy is NOT part of the illegal immigration problems in the USA. You and a few others are using this forum as a soap box to express your "the sky is falling" opinions about everything in general. Big picture? GIVE ME A BREAK.
    James, bringing that attitude will not win you many friends here. If you don't like this string, there are two dozen more you can scan. Lighten up.
    When we gonna wake up?

Jamesbe????

I would be all in favor of so called FREE TRADE if it was fair trade but it isn't! For example, if I buy a Buick Century built by the United Auto Workers of CANADA in Canada and I know those Candian workers are making a great wage which they are, and they live in a good SOCIETY, then I am content with that! But why should I be so happy that Toyota builds a plant in Texas and yes probably pays a good wage BUT it does not equal the wage being paid at a GM plant in Missouri?
    The profits end up in Tokyo don't they? Japan really isn't the problem and neither is Europe but the third world countries and CHINA! Minumim salary in Colombia $100 a month and NO you CANNOT LIVE good on $100 a month in Colombia that is another stupid myth I hear way too often from ignorant Americans. Most of those Mexicans working in the Sony television factories on the other side of San Diego in Mexico can't afford to buy the television they produce! This is the problem with NAFTA and then we run up deficits too!

We are supposed to believe in capitalism correct? OK Capitalism says that IF you have a worker shortage then wages should increase to attract workers correct? OK In California and Yakima WA, we just let a bunch of illegals in to work the fields and pick Yakima apples and maybe they will just disappear back to Mexico when the picking is over? NOT! This supposedly Capitalistic government in WA, by allowing illegals to work for lower wages is actually working in a anti capitalistic fashion by not allowing the market to correct itself buy raising wages which would happen if they were DEPORTED?. Am I wrong here?

The only thing holding OUR economy together is real estate and low interest rates. We export jobs and import workers and people and we buy on credit! Can that last forever? Maybe I am wrong?

If Mexican workers and Chinese workers were paid a near equivalent to what our workers made I would be fine with so called free trade because then it would be fair but it isn't and as long as some hot shot executive can shut a plant and make his books look good and he makes a million or a hundred million what does he care right? That is the shame of all of this is the greed and the lack of community and I don't think the Democrats are any better than the Republicans save for a few out there like Tancredo and Lou Dobbs and Ross Perot 15 years ago who could see a lot of this......

As our population continues to increase look for the seperation of Americans not by race, although that will continue to be an indicator, but by wealth and the quality of public services. Los Angeles already looks like a large Latin America city and it maybe coming to you in the near future. I don't want it!

The only thing holding OUR economy together is real estate and low interest rates. We export jobs and import workers and people and we buy on credit! Can that last forever? Maybe I am wrong?
    You said it, Jack. This cannot continue forever, in fact it cannot continue ten more years. We are importing problems and arming our enemies (China) by buying their cheap goods. America is being sold down the river.
    When we gonna wake up?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234