Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

41% Say Bush Worst President Ever; 50% Disagree

41% Say Bush Worst President Ever; 50% Disagree

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Forty-one percent (41%) of Americans say George W. Bush will go down in history as the worst U.S. President ever, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

But 50% of Americans disagree, despite Bush's record low poll numbers on his job performance.

Given the partisan emotions running high in the Bush years and the ongoing presidential campaign, it’s not surprising to find that the results are heavily weighted by the respondents’ political affiliations. For example, only 9% of Republicans rate Bush the worst president ever compared to 69% of Democrats.

By contrast, 85% of Republicans say Bush is not the worst, but only 21% of Democrats agree.

Over a third (37%) of unaffiliated voters rank him as the worst, but 52% of unaffiliateds do not.

During the month of July, 33% of adults nationwide say they approved of the way that Bush is performing his job -- up one point from the all-time low reached in June.

While 61% of Americans overall say Bush has been bad for the Republican Party, only 28% of Republicans themselves agree. On the other hand, 81% of Democrats – and 68% of unaffiliated voters -- rate the president as bad for the GOP.

Similarly, while 41% rate Bush as very conservative, only 24% of self-designated conservatives feel that way, compared to 64% of liberals and 42% of moderates. In fact, nearly one-quarter of conservatives (24%) rate Bush moderate to very liberal.

Just over half of Americans (51%) say Bush has been bad for the conservative movement, a view shared by 37% of conservatives and 60% of both moderates and liberals.

When asked what Bush will be remembered for most, most Americans (63%) say the war in Iraq, followed by his response to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks (23%), his handling of the economy (6%) and his nominations to the Supreme Court (2%).

Again, party affiliation speaks volumes. While 73% of Democrats say Bush will be most remembered for the war in Iraq, only 46% of Republicans agree. Thirty-eight percent (38%) of GOP voters think the president will be best remembered for his response to 9/11, a view shared by only 12% of Democrats. Among unaffiliated voters, 66% say the war in Iraq and 22% say the response to 9/11.

Men are slightly more favorable to the president than women. Fifty-two percent (52%) of men say Bush is not the worst president ever, and 48% of women agree. But nearly as many women (43%) say he is the worst, a view shared by only 40% of men.

African-Americans are nearly twice as critical as whites. Sixty percent (60%) of blacks rank Bush as the worst president in U.S. history, but only 36% of whites agree. While just 21% of blacks say Bush is not the worst, over half (55%) of whites feel that way.

Marriage is a factor, too. The majority of married Americans (55%) do not believe Bush is the worst president ever, but 51% of unmarried respondents do.

How will this all play out in the election? Sixty-nine percent (69%) of likely Obama voters and seven percent of potential McCain voters rank Bush as the worst. But 86% of likely McCain voters and 20% of potential Obama voters say no way.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... 0_disagree
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    During the month of July, 33% of adults nationwide say they approved of the way that Bush is performing his job -- up one point from the all-time low reached in June

President Bush Job Approval

Bush Job Approval: One Point Above All-Time Low

Sunday, August 03, 2008 Email to a FriendAdvertisementDuring the month of July, 33% say they approved of the way that George W. Bush is performing his job as President. That’s up a point from the all-time low reached in June. Still, it’s the fourth straight month that Bush’s approval has been at or below the 33% level. Prior to that four month stretch, it had never been below 34%.

Sixty-five percent (65%) now disapprove, matching the highest total on record.

The July figures include 13% who Strongly Approve and 46% who Strongly Disapprove.

During July, the number of people who considered themselves to be Democrats fell two percentage points to the lowest level since January.

Sign up for the Rasmussen Reports daily e-mail update (it’s free) and we will keep you up to date with the latest public opinion news.

Rasmussen Reports updates the President's Job Approval on a weekly basis based upon nightly telephone interviews with 500 adults. Weekly results include interviews with 3,500 adults. Full month results are based upon interviews with 15,000 adults. In any review of Job Approval data, the trends are more important than the precise number. Many factors, especially question wording, can impact the particular approval rating percentage.

Like all polling firms, Rasmussen Reports weights its data to reflect the population at large. Among other targets, Rasmussen Reports weights data by political party affiliation using a dynamic weighting process. Our baseline targets are established based upon survey interviews with a sample of adults nationwide completed during the preceding three months (a total of 45,000 interviews). For the month of August, the targets are 40.6% Democrat, 31.6% Republican, and 27.8% unaffiliated. For July, the targets were 41.4% Democrat, 31.5% Republican, and 27.1% unaffiliated (see party trends and analysis).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... b_approval
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I took a phone poll by a Harris Poll subsidiary a few weeks ago. The guy seemed perturbed that I was totally against Obama (for the record, I'm only slightly less against McCain - neither will get my vote).

I thought it was funny. The guy was trying very hard not to debate my responses, but I could tell he wanted to something fierce.

LOL
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

i had someone call me about a month ago, and the first question was who was i voting for president in November.... i said "neither one, they both suck. their policies on illegal immigration have turned me off completely."

guy on the other end of the phone said OK thanks. and hung up

Deciding the worst president is tough. I wouldn't have Bush the absolute worst, although I do have him among the ten worst. He certainly seems to be trying to achieve the title of worst, though.

Libya to receive reparations for Reagan air strike: www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE ... geId=72368

These people who think that jorgey bushie is doing a good job, have their heads in the sand.
    They dont see the truth about what is happening here, or they are so rich they could careless, and appaled him in everything he does.

Barf bag please....
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

He's certainly the most notorious and traitorous President of all time. This man will always be a screwup and a villan with regards to allegance to this nation and its citizens.

MW
    IMO, Bush's history is far from being completely written. A lot will depend on how Iraq evolves and if it ends up having a favorable impact on the region. Furthermore, let's assume Obama becomes the next president. His success or failures against terrorism will also contribute to how Bush's presidency will be viewed in the history books. What if Obama were to back down of Bush's get tough policies regarding terrorism and we immediately had 2-3 terrorist attacks within the United Sates (thousands killed). Trust me, that would definitely change how some folks feel about Bush.

Much of the anger and frustration we feel toward Bush is well deserved. However, call it a gut feeling if you will, I think we're are going to be much more frustrated under an Obama or McCain presidency. Especially where immigration is concerned. Yep, the next President of the United States definitely has the potential to make Bush look pretty good in camparison.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Bush. However, I do think it's premature to call his presidency the worst ever.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, I must have my head deep in the sand then because...

excluding immigration, I am with Bush on his stance against terror and
    other policies.

I think history will judge him in a very positive way.

It has always been the case. Most historical figures who are revered
    today were not very popular in their time.

I have LITTLE regard for President Bush because he KEEPS STONEWALLING on our PERSECUTED patriots Ramos and Compean!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast