Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

98.5 pct of crimes go unpunished in Mexico

News
    Study: 98.5 pct of crimes go unpunished in Mexico

Published November 08, 2010

Mexico City – Some 98.5 percent of the crimes committed in Mexico go unpunished, the Milenio newspaper reported over the weekend, citing a new study by the Monterrey Institute of Technology.

Of the 7.48 million crimes - both federal and common - committed in Mexico this year, according to the study, the conviction rate has been only about 1 percent.

Only about 64,000 crimes have been reported, the study found.

About 15 percent of reported crimes are investigated, but only about 4 percent of the cases are completed due to the "slowness in the majority of the proceedings and failure to comply with the law," the study said.

The average length of an investigation, however, has been reduced substantially from 269 days in 2006 to 130 days today
    Only about 1.75 percent of suspects ever get convicted, with the sentences imposed totaling 112,249.

The study was prepared using figures from President Felipe Calderon's fourth state of the nation report, which came out in September, as well as other official statistics.

Projections in the study assume that the trends in the official figures will continue.

The judicial reforms enacted in 2008, calling for the use of oral hearings to speed cases through court, have been implemented in only seven states. Mexico has 31 states plus a Federal District.

A study released by the Private Security Council, meanwhile, said in a report that Mexico City had the second-highest number of drug-related crimes and kidnappings in the country.

The report issued by the council, which is made up of about 200 private security firms, said the drug business grew about 20 percent in Mexico City in one month, while nearly half of kidnappings were of the "express" variety, 26.8 percent were conventional and 21.9 percent were carried out with the goal of murdering the victim.

The high crime rate, according to the council, is fueled by the fact that 60 percent of the 110,000 police officers in the capital are assigned to the bank and security divisions, which guard businesses and commercial buildings

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2 ... ed-mexico/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's probably because if a Mexican commits a crime, he just pays a bribe to the Police Officer that caught him committing the crime, and he is set free, to my knowledge. If he is taken down to the jail, he has to pay a bigger bribe to the Police Chief. They get a very small salary to be Police Officers there. I think only enough to pay for an apartment, nothing more. So... all of their food money, and etc... come from bribes.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Convictions of Mexicans illegally in our country is pretty much the same as in Mexico. So I guess where ever they go they get treated like the special ones. With all the money and equipment we send to Mexico they should be able to pay their police and military more. So, just where does that money go? We'll never know because that was one of the stipulations of Mexico taking the money. They do not have to tell us where the money went to. Who would lend money to someone and not want to know what it is for?