Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Across the Universe

http://www.progressiveu.org/115219-across-the-universe
    Across the Universe
    By zyan08 - Posted on September 16th, 2007
    Tagged: Personal freedom
    Wow do I want to see that movie!

It's amazing how teenagers were in those times! They actually protested! I've always wanted to protest, you know stand up for your rights, Go against the Adults. Sometimes I wish I were a teenager in those time. "PEACE AND LOVE," "STOP WAR MAKE LOVE." I consider those times to be such an artistic period. Imagine being able to hop on a scooby doo van and just be with the people you love. No worries about school, work, home, SOCIETY!

Did you know about the war going on right now in Iraq(exaggerating)....did you know that it was offically declared over like five years ago! God I dislike Bush! But at the same time I feel bad for him. I mean imagine having the responsibilty of a whole country and then that most of that country dislikes you, That must suck. He's probably just waiting for his time to end as president. Poor kid!...but anywho, it's cool to know that we are witnessing such important historical events. The 9/11 incident, The execution of Saddam Hussein, The "making Iraq a better country" plan.

Exactly what happened in the hippies era is what's happening right now! During those times there was war in vietnam and war here in the U.S. Do you remember the Double V campaign in the class of U.S. History? Victory in vietnam and Victory against rasicm. Now it's war in Iraq and somesort of war here in the U.S. This whole Immigration stuff! Yes I know...I'm tired of hearing about this too BUT does that mean we are going to leave it how it is? Are we just going to ignore it? Are we going to pretend that it's not really a problem?

Well it is a problem! There are thousands of immagrants living in the U.S. There are thousands of people who the government does not know about! The government does not have any criminal records or somesort of information about these people. Asians, Europeans, Africans, South Americans, Austrailians, and Mexicans that are living here without legal papers there's bound to be AT LEAST one criminal. That's dangerous!

I'm not against immigration and I'm not against the law...I'm against those people who think that the only reason why immigrants should "GO BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM" because they are different! I DISLIKE RACISTS...ha what a hypocrite am I...disliking others for their beliefs. Anywho, the reason why I'm touching this subject is because I care about my country and I believe that immigration is a very important subject that the government should tackle before trying to tackle other kinds of racism in other countries!

SOLUTION: ummmm.....I'm not quite sure if there is a solution to the whole immigration thing. As for the war situation...just wait a little bite more once, Bush's time is out the next president will SLOWLY get out of Iraq.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR PEOPLE!

It's amazing how teenagers were in those times! They actually protested! I've always wanted to protest, you know stand up for your rights, Go against the Adults. Sometimes I wish I were a teenager in those time. "PEACE AND LOVE," "STOP WAR MAKE LOVE." I consider those times to be such an artistic period. Imagine being able to hop on a scooby doo van and just be with the people you love. No worries about school, work, home, SOCIETY!
    YES. I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL DURING THIS TIME IN HISTORY. WE WENT TO PROTESTS OF EVERY KIND. AND THE VANS AND BUSES REALLY EXISTED.....ALL PAINTED WITH FLOWERS AND POLITICAL MESSAGES. BUT IT IS NOT TRUE THAT WE HAD NO WORRIES ABOUT SOCIETY. WE HAD PLENTY OF WORRIES AND THAT IS WHY WE PROTESTED ALL THE TIME.

BUT WE FELT SAFE AT SCHOOL AND THERE WERE JOBS FOR AMERICANS. AH THE GOOD OLE DAYS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was there too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)