Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Good grief, Charlie Brown

Yeah, it´s clearly a violation to the law and I´d prefer the ad to just mention that bilingual speaking people is needed without saying "hispanics" or "Asian" or whatever race, colour or religious preference. But, I wonder, are there legal American citizens fluent in Spanish and in English willing to work as cleaning people? I somehow doubt it....
    Carmela, Carmela, Carmela.................

You've apparently been here for 4 posts. Perhaps you've been reading behind the scenes since we started in Sept. 2004 and just now started posting. I don't know but let me educate you on a couple things.

I'm 48. I had to have a foreign language to get out of high school in 1975 and I was born in North Carolina. So please don't tell me that I'm not fluent in two different languages. I probably worked cleaning jobs before you were born.

Please do not be so condescending as to think or imply that legal American citizens are unwilling to work -- or work hard. I've worked in agriculture form before daylight til after dark - in tobacco, corn, potatos, every kind of vegetabel imaginable. I was working in it when DDT was still allowed and had to puke all night long and then get backup at 4 AM and do it all over again. And honey, that was before anything was mechanized. We worked our butts off. Till our hands bled. I had to soak my hands in clorox before Church so they would not look so awful. We had mules to pull the plows. We did it all by hand. We didn't even own tractors at most of the farms.

I've worked at hotels cleaning up after disgusting guests. I can speak fluent Spanish, some Mexican and (yes there IS a difference at least in my part of the country if you ask the Mexicans), I know some French, a little Russian, some Chinese, Japanese (can even type both), and lots of Dutch (first husband). The other two languages I'm fluent in are Northern and Southern.

My suggestion to you, Carmela, is know your audience before you start throwing stones. I've been everything from the above to a landscape artist and installer, including sprinkler systems (yes, I worked the ditch digger and I'm hell with a shovel), to being a security guard to being the Store Manager of a Multi-million dollar store in the Mall.

Just because I may choose to NOT Clean if I can find better work for better pay elsewhere does not mean I cannot or will not do it if I can't find anything else when I need the paycheck. I ain't scared of hard work my friend. Never was and never will be.

Please do not insult Legal American Citizens again. Not if you want to be friends. And not on the Alipac forums where we are all friends. We may have different opinions, but we all want the same thing.

Secured borders and criminal illegal alien economic terrorists deported.

Period.

Any questions, Carmela? We've got answers........................

~

I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO VERIFY BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY SINCE THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM.
    LET'S MAKE SURE THE ONLY THING THAT GETS SPREAD HERE IS THE TRUTH. IF THE AD IS VERIFIED, THEN DISCUSS IT, REASONABLY AND RATIONALLY.
    Talk is just that. Talk. When it comes to taking any type of action, especially in Alipac's name, no one and I do mean NO ONE would do anything without taking it up first with William and the board.

That would be ludicrous as William is the owner and President.

Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words.

We're all the same people we were when this was started in Sept, 2004. We haven't turned into a bunch of blooming idiots overnight so why all the carefully worded posts about who writes what all of a sudden? We're being just as careful as always. We know when we are dealing with Trolls and plants. Why all of a sudden do we have to be careful about calling a troll a troll or suggesting a plant is a plant? What's going on? We're still adults and deserve to be treated as such. None of us are 12!!

Will we be reduced to putting this at the end of all our Posts:

Note -- The opinions expressed in this column are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, and/or philosophy of Alipac.

If so, then our forums are not forums anymore. They are articles and this is a newspaper and no longer what it was intended to be. An open forum used to discuss what we feel about what is happening to our Nation regarding illegal immigration and what we can do about it as a combined group in a combined effort.

Somebody please let me know. I'm all ears.

Taking care with regards to posted phone numbers and other such information regarding private citizens and companies is merely prudent.

Imagine I am an opponent of ALIPAC. While I am not impugning the one who posted it here, such a post is POSSIBLY a plant and is false. Say I was the guy who planted it. In that instance, I KNOW the information is bogus, but then I call that number myself and raise hell with the people there. When they ask me where I heard this bogus information, I tell them "I saw it on the ALIPAC website". This could turn into a serious slap in the face to ALIPAC.

While people SHOULD not need to make a disclaimer in their posts... you may have noticed that I use precisely that, depending upon the sort of post. Especially for those who do not come here often, or who are new.. many do not read ALL the fine print in the stuff about ALIPAC, and it does not hurt to make it clear that posts by individual members do not necessarily reflect the PAC's position.

Re: ~

Quote Originally Posted by good12me
    If so, then our forums are not forums anymore. They are articles and this is a newpaper and no longer what it was intended to be. An open forum used to discuss what we feel about what is happening to our Nation regarding illegal immigration and what we can do about it as a combined group in a combined effort.
    While discussion of those things is part of what we do here, I believe the primary goal of this site is to inform the public about the issues... not just be a place to sound off our opinions. It is not only a place to discuss solutions to the problem.. it is part of the solution itself, which is why it must be protected.

Distressed

I wasn't talking about the phone number DQ. Obviously that must be protected. Just as the name of a company or individual must be protected. Any private information of a Company or person should always remain protected as a matter of privacy if nothing else which I thought we all understood and if not, the moderators come in and remove private information from any post for anyone who is new on the boards and do not understand.

I wasn't even talking about this particular discussion thread. I believe we should ALWAYS protect company information, individual information and first and foremost Alipac information. And anytime we speak to anyone regarding anything unless we have William or the board's permission we should never represent ourselves as Alipac "representatives" as we are not. We may make donations or post on the forums or boards or whatever anyone wants to call it but that only makes us members of the forums. Not members of the board, etc. Not representatives of the organization!

What I was trying to say is this:
    Only William, people on the board, or people William has stipulated can be representatives of Alipac. Nothing any of us post or say can be held against Alipac as we are not representatives of Alipac. Period.

This is my understanding and I assumed the understanding of everyone else who has been on the forums (or boards) for any length of time. We are a group of people trying to solve a problem that has become a desperate cause. We discuss things that matter and try not to "bicker".

We are looking for solutions. We are searching far and wide. We are tryiing to help each other find them. As one, we are not very powerful but there is power in numbers.

Would you not agree with this statement? I don't think any of us "old timers" would deliberately try to get Alipac in trouble or make problems for Alipac. Surely anyone who spends as much time on this website as some of us do would not do so if their intent was to cause trouble.

Wouldn't we have better things to do? I know I would. I'm just trying to help. To find articles to post. Reading newspapers from all over for articles that are pertinent to our cause. Trying to stay as up to date as I can with what is happening on the hill to keep us all current with the news.

If I am doing anything to circumvent Alipac at any time, I would appreciate someone letting me know. I want to help our cause. It is important to me. That's why I've been here since Oct. I'm not ringing my bell I'm just saying I want to help and if I am just making waves or causing more harm than help, please let me know. I feel like I'm spending more time explaining myself and apologizing for my posts than I am getting any real work done for Alipac. Just let me know what ya'll want me to do. I'm open for suggestions. Any and all of them.

Thank you in advance for any input or help you may have.

I have not seen you post anything objectionable, so whats the problem?

Re: ~

Ever noticed that we must show diversity in television commercials? No one else has to but we do?
    Reverse discrimination. Where is our ACLU? Where is our NAACP?
    I'm no racist but isn't white a color, too?
    And I'm NOT white. I'm tan. The weather has been very nice here!
    Why dont we start complaining?

I dont see a 'White Clothing Line' but they do have a 'Latino Clothing Line'.
    What about press 1 for english? Discrimination, no?
    Hispanic clubs - coming out of the ying-yangs.
    Almost every commercial has somebody 'other than white' in ALL their ads.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Good grief, Charlie Brown

Not to sound demeaning to you, but being that you had to have a foreign language in high school in 1975 hardly means you are FLUENT in a foreign language.

Yeah, it´s clearly a violation to the law and I´d prefer the ad to just mention that bilingual speaking people is needed without saying "hispanics" or "Asian" or whatever race, colour or religious preference. But, I wonder, are there legal American citizens fluent in Spanish and in English willing to work as cleaning people? I somehow doubt it....
    Carmela, Carmela, Carmela.................

You've apparently been here for 4 posts. Perhaps you've been reading behind the scenes since we started in Sept. 2004 and just now started posting. I don't know but let me educate you on a couple things.

I'm 48. I had to have a foreign language to get out of high school in 1975 and I was born in North Carolina. So please don't tell me that I'm not fluent in two different languages. I probably worked cleaning jobs before you were born.

Please do not be so condescending as to think or imply that legal American citizens are unwilling to work -- or work hard. I've worked in agriculture form before daylight til after dark - in tobacco, corn, potatos, every kind of vegetabel imaginable. I was working in it when DDT was still allowed and had to puke all night long and then get backup at 4 AM and do it all over again. And honey, that was before anything was mechanized. We worked our butts off. Till our hands bled. I had to soak my hands in clorox before Church so they would not look so awful. We had mules to pull the plows. We did it all by hand. We didn't even own tractors at most of the farms.

I've worked at hotels cleaning up after disgusting guests. I can speak fluent Spanish, some Mexican and (yes there IS a difference at least in my part of the country if you ask the Mexicans), I know some French, a little Russian, some Chinese, Japanese (can even type both), and lots of Dutch (first husband). The other two languages I'm fluent in are Northern and Southern.

My suggestion to you, Carmela, is know your audience before you start throwing stones. I've been everything from the above to a landscape artist and installer, including sprinkler systems (yes, I worked the ditch digger and I'm hell with a shovel), to being a security guard to being the Store Manager of a Multi-million dollar store in the Mall.

Just because I may choose to NOT Clean if I can find better work for better pay elsewhere does not mean I cannot or will not do it if I can't find anything else when I need the paycheck. I ain't scared of hard work my friend. Never was and never will be.

Please do not insult Legal American Citizens again. Not if you want to be friends. And not on the Alipac forums where we are all friends. We may have different opinions, but we all want the same thing.

Secured borders and criminal illegal alien economic terrorists deported.

Period.

Any questions, Carmela? We've got answers........................

Hey roberto, where I come from foreign language knowledge does not take away jobs from other people. I swear most latin americans who are needing catering to are giving the americans the idea that they are too dumb to learn english. I dont blame the americans for thinking this way. I have been in Chile on vacation and had Germans walk up to me asking me if I spoke German. Noone caters to the Germans in Chile even though there(like the hispanic neighborhoods here)are areas that are predominantly German like Ontofogasta. Why should the Americans have to cater to non-english speaking hispanics. There is no reason why they cannot learn english. My family learned english from video tapes. I swear it seems like within the last 10 years, latinos seem to have gotten lazy or the government has made them lazy. It is really ashamed.

No time to check the N and O today, very busy in mid week at the GA. No scan has been brought forward.

I'd say we drop this one until or unless anyone can cough up some hard evidence.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast