Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

After capture by Border Patrol, immigrant gives birth

http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/b ... pital.html

By Kevin Sieff, The Brownsville Herald
    November 30, 2007 - 12:01AM

An undocumented immigrant went into labor after being apprehended by Border Patrol officials Thursday evening.

The woman, whose name, age and nationality are unknown, was caught at about 5:30 p.m. after cross-ing the Rio Grande into east Brownsville. She told Border Patrol agents that she needed medical attention and was taken to Valley Baptist Medical Center-Brownsville, where she went into labor.

Stationed outside the woman’s hospital room was Border Patrol Agent Ortiz, who refused to give his first name.

The sound of her baby’s heartbeat — amplified by an ultrasound — could be heard through the door of her hospital room.

“I know that sound,â€

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I want Mexico billed for this... EVERY PENNY

Anchor Baby Status needs to be wipped out. Your nationanallity is where your parents are from...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I looked this up. I did not know that this could happen.
    Question 29. Look at this. This is terrible. How many of these children at 21 have gotten green cards for their illegal parents????????????? The longer we take the more are going to get visa's.

http://www.ecitizenship.us/Citizenship_FAQ.htm

Citizenship FAQ's
    How can I become a United States citizen?

Who is born a United States citizen?

How do I become a naturalized citizen?

What are the requirements for naturalization?

When does my time as a Permanent Resident begin?

What form do I use to file for naturalization?

If I have been convicted of a crime but my record has been expunged, do I need to indicate that on my application or tell an INS officer?

Where do I file my naturalization application?

Will INS provide special accommodations for me if I am disabled?

Where is my local INS office?

What is the fee for processing an application?

How can I pay my application fee?

How long will it take to become naturalized?

Where can I be fingerprinted?

How do I determine the status of my naturalization application?

What if I cannot make it to my scheduled interview?

What do I do if my address has changed?

If INS grants me naturalization, when will I become a citizen?

What should I do if I cannot go to my oath ceremony?

What can I do if the INS denies my application?

Can I reapply for naturalization if INS denies my application?

What do I do if I have lost my Certificate of Naturalization? What do I use as proof of citizenship if I do not have my certificate?

Do I need to obtain a new Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Card) when INS issues a new version of the card?

If I am a U.S. citizen, is my child a U. S. citizen?

If I am a U.S. citizen, but my child does not meet the requirements listed above, can I still apply for citizenship for my child?

How do I register with selective services?

I lost my Naturalization Certificate and I need to travel outside the U.S., how can I obtain proof of my citizenship so that I can apply for a U.S. passport with the Department of State?

I have had a Green Card for over twenty years. Is there some law that requires me to become a U.S. citizen?

What happens when an illegal couple have a child born in the United States?

1. How can I become a United States citizen?

A person may become a U.S. citizen (1) by birth or (2) through naturalization.

2. Who is born a United States citizen?

Generally, people are born U.S. citizens if they are born in the United States or if they are born to U.S. citizens:

(1) By being born in the United States

If you were born in the United States (including, in most cases, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), you are an American citizen at birth (unless you were born to a foreign diplomat). Your birth certificate is proof of your citizenship.

(2) Through birth abroad to TWO United States citizens

In most cases, you are a U.S. citizen if ALL of the following are true:

· Both your parents were U.S. citizens when you were born; and

· At least one of your parents lived in the United States at some point in their life.

Your record of birth abroad, if registered with a U.S. consulate or embassy, is proof of your citizenship. You may also apply for a passport to have your citizenship recognized. If you need additional proof of your citizenship, you may file a Form N-600, "Application for Certificate of Citizenship" with INS to get a Certificate of Citizenship.

(3) Through birth abroad to ONE United States citizen

In most cases, you are a U.S. citizen if ALL of the following are true:

· One of your parents was a U.S. citizen when you were born;

· Your citizen parent lived at least 5 years in the United States before
    you were born; and

· At least 2 of these 5 years in the United States were after your
    citizen parent's 14th birthday*.

Your record of birth abroad, if registered with a U.S. consulate or embassy, is proof of your citizenship. You may also apply for a passport to have your citizenship recognized. If you need additional proof of your citizenship, you may file an "Application for Certificate of Citizenship" (Form N-600) with INS to get a Certificate of Citizenship.

*If you were born before November 14, 1986, you are a citizen if your U.S. citizen parent lived in the United States for at least 10 years and 5 of those years in the United States were after your citizen parent's 14th birthday.

3. How do I become a naturalized citizen?

If you are not a U.S. citizen by birth or did not acquire U.S. citizenship automatically after birth, you may still be eligible to become a citizen through the normal naturalization process. People who are 18 years and older use the "Application for Naturalization" (Form N-400) to become naturalized. Persons who acquired citizenship from parent(s) while under 18 years of age use the "Application for a Certificate of Citizenship" (Form N-600) to document their naturalization . Adopted children who acquired citizenship from parent(s) use the "Application for a Certificate of Citizenship on Behalf of an Adopted Child" (Form N-643) to document their naturalization. .

4. What are the requirements for naturalization?

For more details on the eligibility requirements for naturalization, please see the section of this website entitled Basic Requirements

5. When does my time as a Permanent Resident begin?

Your time as a Permanent Resident begins on the date you were granted permanent resident status. This date is on your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as Alien Registration Card).

6. What form do I use to file for naturalization?

You should use an "Application for Naturalization" (Form N-400). You may click here to download the Free Citizenship Kit ©

7. If I have been convicted of a crime but my record has been expunged, do I need to indicate that on my application or tell an INS officer?

Yes. You should always be honest with INS regarding all:

· Arrests (including those by police, Immigration Officers, and other Federal Agents);

· convictions (even if they have been expunged); and

· crimes you have committed for which you were not arrested or

· convicted.

Even if you have committed a minor crime, INS may deny your application if you do not tell the INS officer about the incident. It is extremely important that you tell INS about any arrest even if someone else has advised you that you are not required to do so.

8. Where do I file my naturalization application?

You should send your completed "Application for Naturalization" (Form N-400) to the appropriate INS Service Center. For information about the Service Center that serves your area, please refer to the state map under Where Do I Apply? Remember to make a copy of your application. DO NOT send original documents with your application. Send a certified copy instead.

9. Will INS provide special accommodations for me if I am disabled?

Some people with disabilities need special consideration during the naturalization process. INS will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations in these cases. For example, if you use a wheelchair, we will make sure your fingerprint location is wheelchair accessible. If you are hearing impaired and wish to bring a sign language interpreter to your interview, you may do so. Asking for an accommodation will not affect your eligibility for naturalization. The INS makes decisions about making accommodations on a case-by-case basis.

10. Where is my local INS office?

See the "List of INS Field Offices."

11. What is the fee for processing an application?

The current fee for processing a naturalization application is $260. There is an additional fee of $50 for fingerprinting. A total of $310.

12. How can I pay my application fee?

You must pay your application fee with a check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars payable to the "Immigration and Naturalization Service."

· Residents of Guam should make the fee payable to "Treasurer, Guam."

· Residents of the Virgin Islands should make the fee payable to "Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands."

· You must send your fee with your application. Remember that your application fee is not refundable even if you withdraw your application or INS denies your case.

13. How long will it take to become naturalized?

The time it takes to be naturalized varies from one local office to another. In 1997, in many places, it took over 2 years to process an application. The INS continues to improve the naturalization process. As of October 2001, the INS reported that it takes, on average, between 6 and 9 months to become naturalized.

14. Where can I be fingerprinted?

After INS has received your application, they will notify you of the location where you should get fingerprinted

15. How do I determine the status of my naturalization application?

For information, please click on "Finding the Status of Your Case".

16. What if I cannot make it to my scheduled interview?

It is very important not to miss your interview. If you have to miss your interview, you should notify the office where your interview is scheduled by mail as soon as possible. In your letter, you should ask to have your interview rescheduled. Rescheduling an interview may add several months to the naturalization process, so try not to change your original interview date. If an emergency arises and you absolutely cannot make your appointment, call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to request rescheduling. The NCSC will record the information, and pass it on to the local office, which will make the final decision whether to reschedule your appointment. If you miss your scheduled interview without notifying INS, they will "administratively close" your case. Unless you contact INS to schedule a new interview within 1 year after INS closes your case, they will deny your application. The INS will NOT notify you if we close your case because you missed your interview.

17. What do I do if my address has changed?

If you have a pending application for naturalization (Form N-400), call the NCSC toll-free number at 1-800-375-5283 when you move to report your address change.

18. If INS grants me naturalization, when will I become a citizen?

You become a citizen as soon as you take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States. In some places, you can choose to take the Oath the same day as your interview. If that option is not available or if you prefer a ceremony at a later date, INS will notify you of the ceremony date with a "Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony" (Form N-445).

19. What should I do if I cannot go to my oath ceremony?

If you cannot go to the oath ceremony, you should return the "Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony" (Form N-445) that INS sent to you. You should send the N-445 back to your local office. Include a letter saying why you cannot go to the ceremony. Make a copy of the notice and your letter before you send them to INS. Your local office will reschedule you and send you a new "Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony" (Form N-445) to tell you when your ceremony will be.

20. What can I do if INS denies my application?

There is an administrative review process for those who are denied naturalization. If you feel that you have been wrongly denied naturalization, you may request a hearing with an immigration officer. Your denial letter will explain how to request a hearing and will include the form you need. The form for filing an appeal is the "Request for Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings under Section 336 of the Act" (Form N-336).

21. Can I reapply for naturalization if INS denies my application?

In many cases, you may reapply. If you reapply, you will need to complete and resubmit a new N-400 and pay the fee again. You will also need to have your fingerprints and photographs taken again. If your application is denied, the denial letter should indicate the date you may reapply for citizenship. If you are denied because you failed the English or civics test, you may reapply for naturalization as soon as you want. You should reapply whenever you believe you have learned enough English or civics to pass the test.

22. What do I do if I have lost my Certificate of Naturalization? What do I use as proof of citizenship if I do not have my certificate?

You may get a new Certificate of Naturalization by submitting an "Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document" (Form N-565) to INS. You may download a Form N-565 by clicking here . Submit this form with the fee to your local INS office. It may take up to 1 year for you to receive a new certificate. If you have one, you may use your passport as evidence of citizenship while you wait for a replacement certificate.

To obtain a U.S. passport, please visit the Department of State's website by clicking here.

23. Do I need to obtain a new Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Card) when INS issues a new version of the card?

No, you only need to renew your Permanent Resident Card when it expires. You should renew your permanent resident card if you are a permanent resident who was issued a Form I-551 valid for ten years, and that card is either expired or will expire within the next six months.

How Do I Apply to Renew My Permanent Resident Card?

If you are a lawful permanent resident whose ten-year I-551 has expired or will expire within the next six months, you may renew your card by filing an INS Form I-90. It is not possible to submit forms to INS on-line at this time.

After receiving Form I-90, read it carefully and note the documentation and photos that must be submitted. Detailed information is provided in the instructions for the Form I-90. Unless otherwise instructed, you should file the application (with supporting documentation and fees) in person at the appropriate INS Application Support Center (ASC) serving the area where you live. Please note that a few ASCs are unable to accept I-90 applications. For specific information on where to submit your application, please see the home page of the local office servicing the area where you live or call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you are otherwise eligible, at the time you file your Form I-90, you will be provided with temporary evidence of your lawful permanent residence status. If your renewal application is approved, you will be mailed a new Permanent Resident Card with a ten-year expiration date.

What If I am Outside of the United States?

If you are outside the United States, and your permanent resident card will expire within six months, (but you will return within one year of your departure from the United States and before the card expires), you should file for your renewal card as soon as you return to the United States.

If you are outside of the United States at the time of the card’s expiration, and you have not applied for the renewal card prior to your departure, you should contact the nearest American Consulate, INS office, or Port of Entry, before attempting to file Form I-90 for a renewal I-551 card.

24. If I am a U.S. citizen, is my child a U. S. citizen?

A child who is born in the United States, or born abroad to a U.S. citizen(s) who lived in (or came to) the United States for a period of time prior to the child’s birth, is considered a U.S. citizen at birth.

A child who is:

born to a U.S. citizen who did not live in (or come to) the United States for a period of time prior to the child’s birth, or
    born to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent or two alien parents who naturalize after the child’s birth, or
    adopted and is permanently residing in the United States can become a U.S. citizen by action of law on the date on which all of the following requirements have been met:
    The child was lawfully admitted for permanent residence*; and
    Either parent was a United States citizen by birth or naturalization**; and
    The child was still under 18 years of age; and
    The child was not married; and
    The child was the parent’s legitimate child or was legitimated by the parent before the child’s 16th birthday (Stepchildren or children born out of wedlock who were not legitimated before their 16th birthday do not derive United States citizenship through their parents.); and
    If adopted, the child met the requirements of section 101(b)(1)(E) or (F) and has had a full and final adoption; and
    The child was residing in the United States in the legal custody of the U.S. citizen parent (this includes joint custody); and
    The child was residing in the United States in the physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent.
    If you and your child meet all of these requirements, you may obtain a U.S. passport for the child as evidence of citizenship. If the child needs further evidence of citizenship, you may submit an "Application for Certificate of Citizenship" (Form N-600) to INS to obtain a Certificate of Citizenship. If the child meets the requirements of Section 101(b)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act as an adopted child, you may submit an “Application for Certificate of Citizenship on Behalf of an Adopted Childâ€
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Wow, she dropped that anchor just in time.

Re: After capture by Border Patrol, immigrant gives birth

[quote="feduphispanic"]http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/border_82474___article.html/patrol_hospital.html

An undocumented immigrant went into labor after being apprehended by Border Patrol officials Thursday evening.

The woman, whose name, age and nationality are unknown, was caught at about 5:30 p.m. after cross-ing the Rio Grande into east Brownsville. She told Border Patrol agents that she needed medical attention and was taken to Valley Baptist Medical Center-Brownsville, where she went into labor.

Stationed outside the woman’s hospital room was Border Patrol Agent Ortiz, who refused to give his first name.

The sound of her baby’s heartbeat — amplified by an ultrasound — could be heard through the door of her hospital room.

“I know that sound,â€
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Ok if she stays do we arrest her for endangering the life of her child?

Think of it this way, an alien pregnant woman commits a crime, she is jailed, her child is a U.S. citizen. This is a specific case in which a person should not get citizenship by birth, legal or illegal.

My mother was born in OUR country to LEGAL resident Ukrainian escapees from Russian Communism, but was NOT deemed a CITIZEN until AFTER HER parents BECAME Americans several years LATER. She RESENTS it that children of ILLEGALS are INSTANT BIRTHRIGHT citizens! And WHO could BLAME my mom or anyone ELSE in HER shoes?!

This is nauseating. The BP should have called an ambulance in Mexico to take her to the nearest Mexican hospital. Now she and her anchor are home free and we will never get rid of them.
    This kind of nonsense has been going on for decades in border states-trust me. It is nothing more than swindling of the US taxpayer. You can be sure this deadbeat left the hospital without paying one penny, too. And some do-gooder probably gave her a free car seat and diapers.

Yep, once the anchor is of age, they can sponsor the parents who can in turn sponsor other relatives, etc., etc. They truly have no shame.

Re: After capture by Border Patrol, immigrant gives birth

Emergency MedicAid will pay for this birth!
    Our tax dollars go into Emergency MedicAid how sad....in a month or so she will be at the local WIC office getting free milk, will apply for the LoneStar Card (foodstamps) and Chip insurance,,,, I saw this happen all the time at my previous job!

[quote="feduphispanic"]http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/border_82474___article.html/patrol_hospital.html

“I know that sound,â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast