Like Tree3Likes

Thread: "Alien Nation", excellent immigration analysis

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Alien Nation", excellent immigration analysis

Flooded with poverty, rising unemployment. Overcrowding in the cities and severe strain on the supply of affordable housing in a growing number of regions. Everyone refuses to recognize the obvious root of the problem.

Now it has gotten to a point were we may not even be able to switch the faucet off.

Peter Brimelow offered an excellent analysis on the American immigration situation, in an interview on a British program. Here is the transcript of the conversation in the video:

Cohen: The immigration issue – the one you're not meant to discuss. But there's a US election and there are candidates that will discuss it, but do they discuss it properly, are they really being genuine about it?

Brimelow: Now the various candidates – I can't imagine many Democrats would discuss this – but Republicans for example, are they being open and honest about immigration policy?

Cohen: No, of course not... But they're faced with an insurrection from the grassroots, from their own people, and as long as they have to attend town hall meetings and take questions from the electorate then they have to face the issue. And that's particularly true for illegal immigration.

Brimelow: Everybody on the campaign trail for the Republicans now say their against “amnesty” – they're lying of course, and particularly speaker Gingrich has which it will be de facto amnesty, but they know that they have to disguise it. Unfortunately there is very little discussion of “legal” immigration which is proceeding at a million a year despite the terribly high unemployment here. I'm afraid that's because basically the American people essentially don't understand legal immigration – they see the effects but they think it's all due to illegal immigration

Cohen: Now let's talk about the illegal aspect first. The fear of discussion... There's always been this dichotomy between ordinary people and the elite, on various issues I think, but is this because of the influence of the Hispanic-Latino vote?

Brimelow: No, you know the Hispanic vote is extremely small in the U.S. They cast about 7% of the last... the vote in 2008... it actually 'fell' in the 2010 election. There are a lot of very vocal hispanic consultants that want to tell politicians what to do, and they are the media's ears so that's why we hear so much about it. I think the essential reason people are afraid to talk about it- well I should say, there are very powerful interests that benefit from this situation, and they don't want it discussed. But I think the essential reason is what I call Hitler's Revenge, you know. The effects, – the trauma – of struggling against nazism in World War II left the whole Western world so terrified and paranoid about racism... that they've gone overboard the other way. And so now you have a situation where every is faced with its whole population going into a minority within the lifetime of people watching this show – and we're not allowed to discuss it... (quite resignation)

Cohen: Yeah, it's certainly true in Europe, I wasn't aware it has happening in the U.S. You have unemployment in the States higher than you've had for two, three generations. Surely people realise that, as much as immigration – at a certain extent – has to be acceptable, when you don't have the jobs for people who already live there, surely you don't bring new people in!

Brimelow: Yeah, it's proceeding at over a million a year, and governor Romney has said he wants to give a green card – that is to say the equivalent of a legal alien status – to everyvbody that graduates with a technical degree in the U.S. Or foreigners graduating with a technical degree. So that's going to further bust down wages and increase unemployment among the 'skilled' Americans. It's an incredible situation. It drives me crazy. I have this website, V-dare.com, and we've looked at this question and what we've found is that the reason Americans don't go into these high tech degrees is because the wages, when you get out, are so terrible. They'e stagnant. And that's because – largely because – the immigrant influx.

Cohen: Now some people say it's a right-left issue, however, there are many powerful, quite conservative minded people who want open immigration because their employees will earn less, and their profits will be higher.

Brimelow: You know the Canadian-American journalist Dave Frub, who you know, came up with a brilliant line; he said that immigration is the only issue where you can do what K-street – that is the lobbyists – want you to do. And you can be congratulated on being moral and virtuous. And I'm afraid that's true. There are really powerful interests. If you look at the economics of immigration, it's basically an attack by the owners of capital on the living standards of the working class – that's essentially what it is. I say this as a long time Conservative Republican. But I have to say is susceptible to very crude Marxist analysis. Of course, on the other hand the Democrats just want to elect new people. They think the more hispanics and minorities they get in there the stronger their hand is going to be. And in the short run that's true...

Cohen: Let's talk about this... because I don't think any other TV station would go into these areas. The working class – it's not about race or color. You see this in the U.K. and U.S. Black and White working class people, long term americans or english people, military record often, good people – they are the ones being ignored in all this, and if they ever say “well, hold on, immigration – people coming into the country with few language skills, taking jobs, which I can't get”, they're then – even if they're Black – they're accused of being dum or racist.

Do you think there will be enough decent jobs for everyone? Will all these poor masses be willing to work for lower wages, displacing the next generation of American children from lower level jobs, and decreasing the incomes of everyone else?

More people will mean more competition and rising prices for housing. Many more people will be forced to live in crowded apartments. With more people, and more cars on the roads, everything will become more crowded. There will be longer lines, larger school class sizes. Are you at all bothered by the fact that your children will become a minority in their classrooms? I think Americans should be looking at what life is actually like in other third world countries. Americans need to recognize the possibility that bringing in so many people from the third world could potentially make the USA more like the places these immigrants came from.

Apparently even some progressives are starting to come to their senses...
    http://www.progressivesforimmigrationreform.org/