Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SD is almost complete. Here's the most recent message from John Thune's (R) office. (I'm still waiting on a response from Gov. Mike Rounds as he is a Republican in an agriculture state.)

Thank you for contacting me about legislation to reform our immigration policies. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, throughout June the U.S. Senate debated various comprehensive immigration reform proposals. On June 28, 2007, the Senate voted on a motion that would have put a comprehensive immigration bill (S. 1639) on a path to final passage. I voted against the motion, which failed on a bipartisan vote of 46-53.

While I agree that our current immigration system is flawed, I could not support the bill because it would have granted immediate legal status to over 12 million illegal immigrants, treating them better than the millions of people around the world who have legally stood in line and played by the rules. Additionally, legal status would have occurred before a single border security measure was implemented. I was very concerned that by not taking the necessary steps to secure America's porous border first, the bill would have seriously undermined the security of our nation and the rule of law.

As Congress continues to consider comprehensive immigration reform, please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind. If you would like additional information on my activities in the Senate, please feel free to visit my website, www.thune.senate.gov. Thanks again for contacting me. Please keep in touch.

Kindest regards,

JOHN THUNE

United States Senator
    and Rep Stephanie Herseth (D):

Thank you for contacting me. I want you to know that I received your e-mail and I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I hope to be able to respond to your e-mail in more detail in the coming days. I appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing from you again soon. If you are in need of immediate assistance, I encourage you to call my toll free number at 1(866) 371-8747. Again, thank you for contacting me. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin
    Stephanie comes from a long history of SD politicians. I am going to continue to work on her to view the "illegals" as an issue because even though she's a Democrat, she should be "minding business" when it comes to protecting our country.

Sen. Johnson (D) is up for re-election and SD voters are monitoring his actions given his recent medical history (which should not be held against him) but he should be listening to his constituents and voting for the best interest of them, too. I was very disappointed in his vote on the SS act.
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

Poll Results to TEXAS Legislature bring response:

My message:

Dear Representative Tommy Merritt:

The nationwide poll below proves that American citizens are fed up with illegal immigration, want a discontinuation of benefits to illegal aliens that should be reserved for citizens and legal residents only, want our existing immigration laws enforced and want our politicians to serve the interests of the CITIZENS, not foreign nationals illegally in our country:

COLUMBUS, OH -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 12/05/07 -- As the debate heats up over whether or not the U.S. Government should provide benefits to undocumented immigrants, most Americans agree that it is not good for the country, according to the American Pulse(TM) Survey of 4,069 respondents.

The poll revealed these results:

82% of Americans are against providing Drivers Licenses to illegal aliens
    89% of Americans are against providing Business Licenses to illegal aliens
    77% of Americans are against providing Educational Benefits to illegal aliens
    74% of Americans are against providing Job Training to illegal aliens
    83% of Americans are against providing Housing Assistance to illegal aliens

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THESE ARE NATIONAL AVERAGES AND LIKELY TO BE SEVERAL PERCENT POINTS HIGHER IN A CONSERVATIVE STATE LIKE TEXAS.

http://www.alipac.us/article-2769-thread-1-0.html

I hope you'll do your part in making Texas a state that is secure from the problems of illegal immigration. Protect Texas citizens from the higher cost of living and lower standard of living that goes part and parcel with the foreign invasion otherwise known as illegal immigration.

''The more we become a nation of illegal immigrants, the deeper we fall into anarchy''
    - Congressman Elton Gallegly

Sincerely,
    xxxxx xxxxxxx
    American Citizen/American Patriot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESPONSE:

Mr. xxxxxxx:
    Thank you for your email and the information. The Texas Legislature will not meet again until January 2009 however Speaker Craddick has assigned charges relating to immigration issues to several Texas House Committees to study during the interim. I've attached a link to the interim charges for your review: http://www.house.state.tx.us/welcome.php

In the meantime, Rep. Merritt is meeting with local officials and carefully studying the impact of illegal immigration on his district as well as the entire state.

Sincerely,
    Jennifer Foster
    Chief of Staff
    State Representative Tommy Merritt
    jennifer.foster@house.state.tx.us
    201 Estes Drive
    Longview, TX 75602
    (903) 238-9100 Gregg Co.
    (903) 881-2077 Smith Co.
    (903) 238-9102 Fax

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATEMENT BY REP. TAYLOR ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION INTERIM CHARGE
    For Immediate Release
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007

“I applaud Speaker Tom Craddick on the inclusion of illegal immigration in the Interim Charges that the House of Representatives will study.

“The interim charge is timely and imperative. According to the Center for Immigration Studies, a new report issued today estimates the number of illegal aliens in Texas is over 1.75 million (based on March census figures). This is putting a strain on social services and the criminal justice system.

“Furthermore, it is clear the people of Texas want action on this important challenge. It is with good cause that Texans rank illegal immigration among the top issues they want the state legislature to address. While the federal government continues to shirk its duty, the fiscal and social costs of illegal immigration weigh heavily on Texans.

“When the 81st Texas Legislature convenes, taking proactive steps against illegal immigration - as Oklahoma, Colorado, Georgia, and Arizona have done - will be a top priority for me. I am a proud member of the Texas Conservative Coalition, the conservative caucus of the State Legislature, which is working diligently to formulate public policy proposals to protect taxpayers and to safeguard Texans against crimes committed by illegal aliens.

“I greatly appreciate Speaker Craddick’s commitment to having an open and honest dialogue on illegal immigration, one of the most pressing issues facing the State of Texas.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I also received many positive email responses from Oklahoma legislators when I sent the poll to them, but all of their emails had a disclaimer like the following one:

NOTICE: The information in this email is confidential, legally privileged, and exempt from disclosure under law. It is intended
    solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
    unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and unlawful.
    Consequently, I won't post the responses on a public message board, but I will say that many legislators were thankful for the "ammo" and they will continue to support H.B. 1804 and any other anti-illegal immigration legislation that arises in the future.

Response received from NC State Representative:

Mr. xxxxxxx,

I appreciate your message regarding the recent decision by our Community Colleges to admit illegal immigrants and the interesting polling data you sent.

I agree with you completely, I do not support allowing illegal immigrants admission to our Community Colleges. You can be assured that I will continue to support enforcing our laws statewide to address this issue. More importantly we have laws in place that need to be enforced on a national level to make a real difference in this serious problem.

Sincerely,
    Lorene
    Representative Lorene T. Coates
    Legislative Office Building - Room 633
    (919) 733-5784
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    I also received many positive email responses from Oklahoma legislators when I sent the poll to them, but all of their emails had a disclaimer like the following one:

NOTICE: The information in this email is confidential, legally privileged, and exempt from disclosure under law. It is intended
    solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is
    unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and unlawful.
    I re-checked the e-mails that I received form Texas and North Carolina and there were no such disclaimers as above.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021