Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

America Cannot Even Take Care Of Her OWN

Well, I don't know about you, but the latest way Americans who I know are often taking care of themselves is through "self-diagnosis" and "self-medication", or they just hope and pray that they "get over it".

The senators go to doctors and the president goes to doctors, but Americans are going less and less often because they cannot afford it, EVEN IF THEY HAVE INSURANCE.

Even people who pay for and have health insurance are reaching the point that they cannot afford to go to the Dr. because deductables are so high. An average family pays a huge amount of money for their health insurance, in comparison to what they make, and then they have to pay a large amount to meet the deductable. Usually, you don't meet the deductable in order to get full coverage so it's useless. You just pay, pay and pay. SO, when you get a prescription for an antibiotic, if for some reason someone doesn't completely finish it " you put it back in the medicine chest "for an emergency".

So what people do is look in their medical cabinet for medicine that they can use. "Oh, look, here are 5 amoxicillin tablets that haven't expired that someone didn't finish. Definitely don't want to throw that away !! Somebody might need it !!" That's the state of the health care millions of Americans are experiencing and with the direction they're taking us, it's only going to get worse. MUCH WORSE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You are so right and it is much worse for seniors of which I am one, younger of course lol. NOt funny though I just thank God I am choctaw Indian and get my meds free, my wife is not that lucky though, she is on 8 meds 6 of which are name brand drugs no generic available, I have caught her cutting them in half or only taking 3 or 4 times a week we are on a fixed income so what can you do? Our health care is in a deplorable state, a lot from waste, I remember working for a short time in a nursing home, part of that job was sitting with the traveling pharmacist and destroying meds because the person had a drug change or else died. We would have a whole hospital basin the kind you get bed baths inl full of medications to be flushed down the toilet all in a protected bubble wrap, I told him once I thought this should signify as a crime when there was so many people out there unable to buy meds! He said it was law nothing he could do, I think there are a whole lot of laws we need to be fixing. Pardon the okie slang lol. My meaning to this long post is the illegals get theirs free the rest of us do without! I feel like Rodney Dangerfield here we ain't getting no respect here. I quit the nursing home job, I just couldn't tolerate the deplorable waste!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

That is truer than anyone believes.

Not many working families can pay $700 to $1000 a month for a healthcare plan. They have to spend too much on tax dollars, auto insurance, etc. paying for illegals healthcare.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We had to downgrade my mom's healthcare plan as she could no longer afford to pay $618.00 plus medicare each month. Not to mention the $200 a month she pays for prescriptions a month all while living on social security. Her nestegg is dwindling very fast and will not last. Yet we provide free healthcare to illegal aliens instead of to the elderly in this country that have paid taxes all of their lives. We do need to take care of our own before we can even consider helping out any other country of their people. And besides I think we should have a say as to how "our" tax dollars are spent
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is one example of EXACTLY why I said somewhere else on this site, I have "no compassion" left for illegals. Charity Begins At Home!

It's not being selfish. It too is common sense. If home doesn't take care of itself, how the heck can we take care of anyone else. This is America. This is our home, and at present it is quite shattered!

Seem's they're trying harder and harder to take things away so you can't even "self-medicate" anymore. I just spent 4 hours going from one Walgreens to the next for allergy pills. They are all out. Seems they're trying to reformulate it so it can go back on the shelf because it's just too much with the ID's and all the bookkeeping they have to do. All to SAVE us from the meth-labs. Easier to make my life miserable than to bust the people breaking the law. Then to find 80% of it comes from our wonderful southern border to begin with. Has me so ticked off.

Then, I hear the multi-millionaire congress critter talking to us through the TV camera..... telling us to make sure we save for our retirement!!!!!

Uhhhhhh...... yeah, right. Most folks I know working for a living just barely scrape by. They don't have boats, RVs, summer vacation houses, go on cruises.... none of that!!!!

They work their hineys off just trying to exist.

Yet, the elite class keeps spitting in their faces.

Are we all supposed to be sports stars, highly-paid entertainment figures, CEOs??????

America's working poor is growing in numbers and the influx of millions of competitors is adding to their misery.

Sigh................................

I'm 47 and it scares me to see what benefits will be available for our generation when we're in our 70's & 80's.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

There will be no benefits and like obbop said it is almost impossible to save for retirement. My husband and I have come to conclusion that we will have to work until the good Lord takes us. I am 37 and I know I will never see SS or Medicare.

We have 2 small children, ages 2 and 6, and we live just like legaluscitizen said. We self medicate and hope it goes away. To insure my family through the employee offered health plan would be $1000 a month in premiums with a $1000 deductable per person, co-pays, and 10%. We cannot afford $12,000 a year just to cover premiums, that is $300 a month more than our mortgage. My husband is a veteran and went to the VA a few weeks ago to get into the VA healthcare plan but limit for total income between both of us is $32000 and we make more than that so he cannot even get his VA benefits.

I fear it will just get worse.

I'm 49 and have no faith in ever seeing any of the money that I "invested" in SS.
    My wife and I pay $375 a month through the health care plan offered through her employer. We are going to add our 22 year old daughter to this plan at an additional $178 a month. The deductible is $1000 BTW. Our son is lucky in that he has full coverage through his employer.
    The very people that are screwing us on this issue have full coverage for themselves and their offspring for life. No deductible, co pays, coverage limits, or restrictions apply.
    Web MD has been my primary physician for several years now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast