Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DO THEY CALL THIS IMMIGRATION ?

THIS IS AN ATHACH, INVASION, AGRESSION...

Good job wmb. This is exactly what I'm talking about. The LAME stream media can easily provide misinformation and their viewers who don't know any better will take it as the truth at face value. When you hear Lou saying "This just in, 33% of prisoners are illegals" damn right you're going to get the viewers upset. They're not going to go do research and see if it's true, their going to take it as factual information just because it came from the TV set. Then they're going to get their blood boiled and call their senators with statements such as "Illegals make up 33% of our prisons! Why aren't you kicking them out!!!". Senators and their staff mos likely haven't done their research either and won't correct their callers. The fact of the matter is that illegals make up less than 8% of the prison population and to say otherwise is false and only serves to deceive the American public.

Get your facts, not from the TV set, but through research. And quite frankly, I can't point to a non-biased source anymore. The LAME stream media is powerful and deceptive towards the American people. And sure, you can say it was a mistake, but these guys should do research for crying out loud! I mean, these guys have staff, money, time. That's their job!!!

I did check this out. Most figures hover around the 30% mark, including congressional testimony. Please give me a credible link to the less than 8% statistic. I always want to hear valid info and not just jump onto the bandwagon.

flashman Really, some Lou Dobbs viewer do get their news other places also.

The fact is - some guest on Lou Dobbs made a statement. Some are saying it was incorrect and I think Lou Dobbs acknowledged that, didn't he?

The fact is, as far as medical statistics, we pretty much only know what the government tells us. We also know that in many instances, there is a 'don't ask-don't tell' attitude toward illegals as far as the government is concerned.

It is funny when we hear the government officials tell us they don't know who is illegal, don't know where they are, can't find them, etc., etc. Yet our very own Texas Comptroller has listed all the great things illegals have done for Texas - hmmmmmmm??

I even saw a list one time some pro-illegal politician had put out and it told how much illegals spent on the Texas lottery. Now we can't ask when they drive a car, we can't ask when they get freebies, we can't ask when they work, we can't ask when they get free medical care - but if you believe that statistic - they can ask when they buy lottery tickets. Absurd, yes, but no more so than trying to tell us how much they 'contribute' to the Texas lottery.

My point - I see one, maybe, false statement made by a guest on Lou Dobbs, and it is getting repeated and repeated and repeated - yet no one pays much attention to the many falsehoods that get spoken hundreds of times a day in defense or support of the illegals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    I did check this out. Most figures hover around the 30% mark, including congressional testimony. Please give me a credible link to the less than 8% statistic. I always want to hear valid info and not just jump onto the bandwagon.
    Sure. Here's one link:

http://michaelmedved.townhall.com/blog/ ... mentAnchor

The blogger is opposed to illegal immigration because it is against the law not because someone on the TV is giving him false information. Inciting hatred towards a group by providing false facts about them is not necessary. Wouldn't it be so much better if we just heard these idiots on the TV say "We are against illegal immigrants because it is against the law on the books" and not "We don't want them here cause they don't care about English, don't work, are lazy, etc".

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    flashman Really, some Lou Dobbs viewer do get their news other places also.

The fact is - some guest on Lou Dobbs made a statement. Some are saying it was incorrect and I think Lou Dobbs acknowledged that, didn't he?

The fact is, as far as medical statistics, we pretty much only know what the government tells us. We also know that in many instances, there is a 'don't ask-don't tell' attitude toward illegals as far as the government is concerned.

It is funny when we hear the government officials tell us they don't know who is illegal, don't know where they are, can't find them, etc., etc. Yet our very own Texas Comptroller has listed all the great things illegals have done for Texas - hmmmmmmm??

I even saw a list one time some pro-illegal politician had put out and it told how much illegals spent on the Texas lottery. Now we can't ask when they drive a car, we can't ask when they get freebies, we can't ask when they work, we can't ask when they get free medical care - but if you believe that statistic - they can ask when they buy lottery tickets. Absurd, yes, but no more so than trying to tell us how much they 'contribute' to the Texas lottery.

My point - I see one, maybe, false statement made by a guest on Lou Dobbs, and it is getting repeated and repeated and repeated - yet no one pays much attention to the many falsehoods that get spoken hundreds of times a day in defense or support of the illegals.
    You're right. Again, the media at work. I hear on guests on MSNBC spouting misinformation about how illegals only come here to work when it is not entirely true. Some come here to do harm, drug smuggling, or raping. Yet no one on that station fails to prove them wrong or correct their information. My point is that both sides (pro-illegal or anti-illegal) groups spout false information left and right and if your lucky, someone catches their dishonesty. Most of the time the misinformation goes out unnoticed and spreads and soon enough people from both sides believe it as the truth.[/b]

Of course, I could be considered 'biased' in the matter - but the untruths on the side of the pro illegals seems to far outnumber the untruths on the anti-illegal side. Not that I am saying it is every right to speak untruths - sometimes things are stated based on what is happening in you own area.

When I was in AZ, they were voting on a referendum or whatever they call it out there. It was about not giving services to illegals - may have been other things involved, but that's what I remember.

The people advocating the referendum gave some very startling statistics concerning crime, illegals in the prison system and child molestors. I didn't hear any of the pro-illegal crowd refute any of the statistics.

All I heard was how Phoenix was going to go bankrupt without illegals and there was one firefighter that kinda made me ill. He said, 'I don't have time to ask a person if they are legal or illegal when I'm saving their life.'
    That's the kind of garbage I hear.

But then, as I said, I certainly can't be called 'unbiased'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That may be true and I wouldn't be surprised if those statistics were true. But again, where did these people get their statistics from? An organization that providers those statistics could easily have an agenda just as La Raza could have their own agenda and falsify their own statistics, wouldn't you agree? So it all comes down to. Who do we believe? Only God knows. But we can go out and get a glimpse with our own eyes, but then again you'd probably only see what you want to see.

But I must say. Taking away welfare and food stamps from illegals is a start. That way, if we notice a massive exit of illegals from a state or the country due to these measures we can come to the conclusion that the statistics that illegals vastly rely on welfare and food stamps was true. See. You have to find some other way of coming to a reasonable conclusion. Rely on organizations, media, etc to provide statistics is risky, but at times we have no choice and must go along with them and hope they are true.

where did these people get their statistics from? An organization that providers those statistics could easily have an agenda just as La Raza could have their own agenda and falsify their own statistics, wouldn't you agree? So it all comes down to. Who do we believe? Only God knows. But we can go out and get a glimpse with our own eyes, but then again you'd probably only see what you want to see.
    I wonder how that argument would go over on pro-illegal boards? Just telling them they should be deaf and blind because what they hear are lies and what they see will no doubt be interpreted as biased, unfair representations of the truth. lol... good luck with that.

The unjustly imprisoned Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, although of HISPANIC origin, ARE victims of a hate crime--the CRIME of being REAL AMERICANS!

(I also read that story, "Badges of Dishonor" in the September 2007 Texas Monthly. It was NOTHING but an ATROCIOUS SMEAR campaign against Ramos and Compean. Mr. Loya was FURIOUS about it, and I DIDN'T blame him! Again I reassured him that his fine son-in-law Nacho Ramos had NO reason to REGRET firing on the drug-runner. "Like Nacho said," I told Mr. Loya, "the drug runner got WHAT he DESERVED! Your son-in-law is RIGHT! And MOST of your fellow Americans who KNOW the WHOLE story AGREE with BOTH of you!" Mr. Loya said, "Thank you, I NEEDED that!" "ANYTIME, Mr. Loya, anytime!" I replied.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast