Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

W, the cuts will be from 30 to 50% of our pay now. This is affecting about 25 workers right now, but before it is over, there will be many more(in other job areas) that will take cuts, too. We are incentive workers and the management has now given us work that used to be done by others, some lower paid employees. Well, most of those employees have been laid off due to plant closings and their work has been pushed on the rest of us. Our machines are not set up for this work and we have to "make do" and do the best we can, all the while watching our pay averages drop day by day. This is so upsetting to us employees who have worked so hard to make a decent wage! My job is considered a "skilled labor" and I was paid pretty well, until now. Some of the employees who average $25 to $30 per hour say they are now down to about half of that and starting Monday(tomorrow), that wage takes effect. I have lost about $8.00 an hour and I expect to keep falling. We are getting screwed and we can do NOTHING about it. All this is going on at my company and the big wigs just gave themselves a huge raise. I keep up with what is happening in upper management and I pass that news on to my fellow employees. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a rough day for management, all the employees are mad and plan to show it!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

clu

I found this website interesting. http://wehirealiens.com

A blacklist is good to shame those committing the felony of hiring illegals. I think a whitelist might be more effective. Kinda like the BBB or the RoC (registrar of contractors).

Businesses that do not hire illegals, I think, would join the statewide (or nationwide) whitelist. The whitelist would need to be highly publicized and have a similar effect (if not greater) than the BBB. One could call the whitelist organization to determine whether a particular business is a member before doing business with them. Business could post plaques in their windows that they are a member of this whitelist.

Maybe call it something like Citizens Labor Union (CLU). Hey that's my alias.

---
    clu

I say, HAVE BOTH. You could show both the employers who didn't VIOLATE the law in one columm and the ones who DO VIOLATE the law by hiring illegals in another. That way, you could have a quick comparison guide.

Welcome to ALIPAC, clu.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by clu
    I found this website interesting. http://wehirealiens.com

A blacklist is good to shame those committing the felony of hiring illegals. I think a whitelist might be more effective. Kinda like the BBB or the RoC (registrar of contractors).

Businesses that do not hire illegals, I think, would join the statewide (or nationwide) whitelist. The whitelist would need to be highly publicized and have a similar effect (if not greater) than the BBB. One could call the whitelist organization to determine whether a particular business is a member before doing business with them. Business could post plaques in their windows that they are a member of this whitelist.

Maybe call it something like Citizens Labor Union (CLU). Hey that's my alias.

---
    clu
    a CLULIST or was that clueless
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I give up, COI.. I am CLUELESS.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I give up, COI.. I am CLUELESS.
    Bootsie,
    I don't think you qualify for that list
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this poll may need to go back to the front page. They are gaining again.

Should the names of companies that hire illegal immigrants be published online?
    Choice Votes Percentage of 1239 Votes
    Yes 889 72%
    No 350 28

I know what to do!

W

ooops, there is a posting area if some of you want to make a comment under that article

http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages.cf ... Topic=7966

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I know what to do!

W
    Whatca gona dooo

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast